Toulouse FC Action Thread [Results]

Discussion in 'France' started by panicfc, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hey Jon, welcome!

Ok, it's official, TFC fans outnumbers those of every other L1 club on BS. :D

I never found anywhere to purchase the kit except the official site. As a matter of fact, I have the gray kit which I purchased from there. You may want to try contacting Subside.co.uk to see if they ever plan on carrying it. They do carry the Sochaux kit which is also made by Lotto, so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to add the TFC one.

2. toulousain

toulousain Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Toulouse, France
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    :)
    Hi Jon,

I'm glad to see that Toulouse have some english fans. Tell us the reason why you love this team. I'm always surprised because those years weren't easy for Toulouse fans.

The silver kit, the best one in europe... :rolleyes: well, it's arguable... but I would see it with great pleasure on european fields next year ! ;)

Allez le TFC !!!

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Randy are you breeding them in a lab or something?

I think I should start campaigning to get some more PSG fans too.

Mind you, we have a lot of PSG lurkers it seems. Guess, they are just too shy. :eek:

Well with our performances this year, we aren't gonna win too many over to the dark side. :rolleyes:

Yes, the Les Violets kits are nice - they did use to have awful tops though. Purple is an 'in' colour it would seem at the minute.

4. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :D

I pop 'em out like gingerbread men, man!

I should seriously start a fan club...of which I could be president. We could get recognized by the club and they would send us all kinds of free stuff. :cool:

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    A North American or Anglophone TFC fan club would be awesome.

:cool:

6. Frogy

Frogy New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Toulouse
    I like this idea.

7. JON ENGLAND

JON ENGLAND New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Hi Randy
    its good to hear from some like minded people, i have tried emailing subside and they said they couldnt get the kit, i have looked up the Official website but can only find the purple one on offer. It looks like im not destined to get this kit. Maybe next season we will get some decent recognition and find the tfc kit everywhere. heres hoping.

jon :mad:

8. JON ENGLAND

JON ENGLAND New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Hi
    I like the town, the kit, Moriera is a great player so i am always keen to see him play. I dont like being a follower so i wont support the usual marseille or monaco like most people. I like a team with character. I support tottenham hotspur so we have lots of it.

9. iougs

iougs New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    MetroWest Boston
    why toulouse ? why not Rennes ?

iougs-

10. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Don't be criticizing the man's choices now. ;)

Though Rennes is a very acceptable choice as "second favorite French club" (they are my own second favorite L1 club)!

11. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another freakin' loss....2-1 to Monaco. There goes Europe.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the story on Futbal Mundial. Wasn't much to be honest, but nice to be on.

Europe - hey last year we were hoping to stay up.

13. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Crap! I forgot about the story. Oh well.

Yeah Europe shouldn't be a big priority at this point, though it's always easy to say that at the beginning of the season when you don't think you can make it. Then when you get so close, you tend to forget about your pre-season objectives...

14. toulousain

toulousain Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Toulouse, France
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I totally agree with what is said here. I was the first to be a little extatic about the possibility to play a European Cup :rolleyes: , but we must'nt forget from where we came. It's better not going too fast than restart again at the third national level.

Monaco was just better than us, "point final".
    Let's just give the best against Auxerre and we'll see what happens.

15. JON ENGLAND

JON ENGLAND New Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Hi Randy just emailed the tfc webite to try and get myself a grey shirt. they replied with some rubbish about the grey top is for juniors? and the only one i can buy is purple! what's going on with that? do they only have one kit to buy?

its driving me crazee , i may think changing to rennes soon! just kiddin!

jon

16. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Interesting article in Giresse:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/french_football/interviews/giresse.html
    [​IMG]

17. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, I've had wierd experiences with the official store. They advertised new scarves, I ordered one along with the gray shirt, and for weeks nothing happened. Finally I wrote them and they said the scarves were out of stock until January (it was October or so) and were sitting on my order until then. I told them to send the shirt and forget the scarf...

Maybe they will get the shirts back in in the near future. I don't think we will have different kits next season.

And with that, we should lock this thread up real soon. I'll start the new one a little later...see you guys in Part Deux of the TFC Action Thread!

18. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: Toulouse FC Action Thread Part Deux [Results]

Why did you start a new thread?

The season is approaching its end. It would have made more sense to have a new one for the new season.

Oh well, its your party. I don't want to taint the dip.

19. toulousain

toulousain Member

Apr 6, 2005
    Toulouse, France
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Woaw, a brand new thread about TFC, "tout nouveau, tout beau" :cool:

I hope that this new thread will bring many new fans of Toulouse, it's always nice !

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Damn another Toulouse thread and still no Lyon or Monaco thread ? Life isnt fair :-(

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Start your Lyon or Monaco threads.

Randy - we should merge this. only a few weeks left in the regular season and I'm not sure the 450 limit applies to non-FFA threads.

22. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

As my esteemed colleague pointed out, the 450 post limit may not apply here so....threads merged. I was just anxious to start a TFC thread myself! :D :p

Truth be told, I would rather have one huge thread than a few little ones anyway. ;)

Ganu - why did you start 3 Cafe de St. Germain threads if there is no post limit?

SportBoy - we have a TFC thread because we made it happen. If you want a Lyon or Monaco thread, start one. Build it and they will come.

23. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Taïder opts for Tunisia

http://www.channel4.com/sport/french_football/apr27d.html
    Probably figured he had a better chance of getting called up for Tunisia than France. Shouldn't affect his status with the club since he is still a French citizen anyway.

24. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

The thread would be over 1,000 replies if I didn't start 3 seperate threads.

It makes it easier for people to look stuff up, I did it carefully by starting them after the International break in October, then in again in winter break in January arriving at the one we have now.

I intend to start a 4th one, when the new season kicks off.... ;)

If you make it too big - then it becomes hard to navigate, as well as screwing up the traffic.

Plus, I think the Supermods get a little pissed off when you let them grow really big.

25. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We'll let this one go at least until the end of the season, and then maybe start the new one in the summer...