Totti: 250 Serie A goals & counting

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Cassano, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La Magica, muptonfish, Oban14 and 5 others repped this.
  2. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Six year old memory.....a happier , younger time for him!

[​IMG]

porreca repped this.
  4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Four your old memory.......

ANNUNTIO VOBIS GAUDIUM MAGNUM HABEMUS PAPAM!

[​IMG]

porreca, shiboboo and romanista8910 repped this.
  5. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't blame Totti for refusing to come on for matches, with a few minutes left. I mean; what does he have more to prove ? A world champion, the greatest Serie A player of all time; one of the best Italian players to have ever graced the earth.Why bother watching that crap from the bench. No doubt about it, Totti has had more quality then pretty much most of our entire team currently.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I doubt he will play next year.

8. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just got an email about next summer's ICC in the us, and the ad shows totti! mistake because he's always been there or slip of an unannounced/assumption of a contract renewal? Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 12.52.33 PM.JPG

9. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wouldn't get too excited. The ICC likes to market fake stuff. I've been to quite a few of their events. For example 2 years ago I went to 3 of their events in Toronto.

Milan vs Olympiakos - Balotelli on the cover and Balotelli didn't play
    Italy legends - Baggio and various other Italian legends on the cover, Baggio and the others don't play.
    PSG vs Lyon I believe - Ibra, Verratti, and Cavani on the cover, none of them came.

Just a word of warning just in case you get your hopes up like I did. They'll say what they have to to sell their tickets. I did however see the whole Roma team 3 or 4 years ago when they came.

10. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i've been to a few US games involving roma as well and i totally get what you're saying... (my son walked on to the field in denver against man u holding benatia's hand instead of totti's because benatia was the captain with totti on the bench)

what's got going is the email i receive didn't come from the ICC or another 3rd party, the email was from roma...

11. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For Roma I'd always take the risk just because it's my team, and even if it means easy access to seeing some of the younger players play it would be worth it. Hopefully their stars come on for you. I wish you the best of luck!

12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I saw Milan against Olympiacos too. I saw that Roma game as well. I remember they won 4-1. Pjanic scored a free kick

romanista8910 repped this.
  13. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a chance all three of Dzeko, Salah, and Totti are gone. Not to go full Nelly on you guys.

14. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true, but i can understand salah and dzeko being on the advertising at this point seeing as how they're under contract next year. totti isn't...

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think there is any indication at this point Totti will get a contract beyond June 2017. Its sad that we can't see him play , even sparingly now while he is still on the bench.

16. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ...and considering we won nothing this season the last season of Totti was spent watching him rot away. It was all for nothing.

17. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Chin up chap. There's still the Coppa Italia for you guys

18. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hopefully [emoji17]

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2195 falvo, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Yeah its kind of sad ending. I don't think he would have agreed to stay on had he known this would be the final outcome. I also don't believe Pallotta cares either way though as from what I remembered the sponsors paid his contract...

20. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2196 porreca, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    I loved Spalletti, and was so excited to see him back here, but the way he managed Totti has been abysmal, specially after last year Totti alone was what got us into CL (which we then threw away) and his unexplainable lack of using him even when the team has played 3 games in a week (which were the 2 weeks where we threw it all away due to this very reason).

I expected this year to be like the last months of last season, Totti would start warming up the stadium would get on its feet they'd start chanting then totti would come in and shine for some 20/30 minutes... but it has been horrible...

And I think @Il Ciuccio has a point here when he mentioned that Spalletti doesn't like Totti winning games as a sub for it makes it seem as if Totti won the game not his 'tactics genius':

this would explain why spalletti has behaved the way he has with Totti, and spoken the way he has - then again this is business and these orders could easily be coming from above.

I would love to have one year with a coach that plays Totti in that supersub role, and where the Sud is here every weekend - going out in this horrible heartbreaking colourless season is not what our Capitano deserves - not at all - but it's probably unrealistic they will give him one more year, last year the way he played forced them to do so, this year it seems to me they have tied him to the bench so he cannot force them one more time...

Oban14, Java65, iGiallorossi and 3 others repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2197 falvo, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Mi sa che è finita per lui! Purtroppo!!!!

porreca repped this.
  22. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was disgusted with Spalletti in the Lazio match, putting in Totti with virtually no time left and needing 2 goals was insulting and embarrassing.

I to think Spalletti would rather lose than have Totti win matches for him like he did last season. It's a shame because this team has enough talent to still be in the EL.

I hope Spalletti comes back but the way he has handled Totti has been shameful!

23. romanista8910

romanista8910 Member+

May 7, 2010
    Roma
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Makes me not want him back. He's a good coach but what have we done this season...we've really underachievied in all competitions. Any time we had a big game we did not win. We have nothing to show for it (baring a miracle in the scudetto race) and all the while have watched our captain rot away on the bench. Our captain who has given us an infinite amount more than Spalletti has.

porreca and Java65 repped this.
  24. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm torn. If Totti leaves then I'm good with Spalletti. If Totti comes back then not as much.