Tottenham vs ManU

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lazy Assed Assassin, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Well we didn’t do a lot to disabuse the notion we’re the Harry Kane team.

2. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Manchester United always find a way to win in the final ten minutes. It's just one of those things.

3. SpursGlory

SpursGlory Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Seattle Sounders FC
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap goal to give up on weak defending from Dier. It's one game at 1-0 so not the end of the world. Let's rebound with a good result at home on a big European night with Real Madrid. COYS!

4. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Eric Dier is NOT a centre back. He just switches off too much to be trusted in that position. Jose Mourinho was not trying to buy him to play CB. I don't understand why we pay 42 million pounds on a CB only to leave him on the bench in a massive game and play an inferior player out of position.

I love Poch, but he's had a bad week:

1. Leaving Kane on too long in a game that was already won.

2. Getting dumped out of the Cup by rubbish opposition.

3. Poor team selection against Man U.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woke up late, turned on the match literally 2 or 3 seconds before the goal. Struggled though the last 10 minutes...

Didn't even bother to look at the line up. Sanchez was on the bench? Well, tough call - play v. Man U and win, but have a tired player midweek v. Real, or risk it v. Man U and have a fresh player midweek v. Real. It really is a no-win situation, figuratively, hopefully not literally.

Yup.

Kane is not known for injury, so I'm putting it down to bad luck. Still, I do agree that Kane should have been pulled off earlier. Though I think that just about every match Spurs are winning.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Sanchez was rested for the Cup tie so it made absolutely no sense to put him on the bench (he is 21 for goodness sake). If you are going to make a massive investment in a player, Manchester United at Old Trafford is the kind of game he should be playing in. This is a kid who is a regular in the Colombian national team who is used to playing in hostile away environments.

I think the United game was more of a priority than the CL. Although hugely important, the Real game is not a must win, we will still control our fate regardless of the result. Man U was a huge game to lose in the title race.