Tottenham vs Liverpool FC - EPL - Jan 11 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 5, 2020.

1. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The trouble was we never killed the game off with the chances we had.

Spurs were always gonna have a go in the last 10

Didnt rate Robertson today

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Wow, Wow thank god that is over.
    I needed to PEE so badly.

I thought Divok was going to do it for us with that nice late run.

I hate it when we can't do better than the one goal. We were better than that.

The lads had to work hard for this one. Proud of them.

Navieko repped this.
  3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was def their plan. Robertson was off today for sure.

Most of the team was out of sync eve though we were passing at will in the first 65 mins.

4. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Lallana with another excellent performance. Had Milner been fit, I’ve little doubt it would have been Jimmy for AOC, so Lallana came on with a defensive brief, a la Milner. And he brought some steel and stability.

Not to say that AOC doesn’t do that, but he’s more usually pointed at the opposition goal.

Obviously Henderson pulling all the midfield strings.

A throwback performance to earlier in the season where we didn’t play our best, made the fans sweat mightily and yet the stats say 3 points. And a clean sheet.

newterp, Red Bird, Navieko and 1 other person repped this.
  5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I hate it when you remind me that we dropped 2 points to a bottom half team.

6. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jose wanted us to have the ball he knew in an open game he would be crushed

CB-West repped this.
  7. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    JoMo’s plan almost worked for him...of course he will say it was a close game and they almost knocked it at the end...but they still lost...again...

8. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wijnaldum MOTM for me bossed that midfield again.
    2 half could of been better from us but we get the win and the 3 points and move another 3 points clear of Leicester, lets see if Villa get get something tomorrow against City

SamScouse repped this.
  9. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    guy is in the gym 5 in the morning every day

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Best start ever in EPL?

11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Best start ever in the top 5 European leagues !

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Big win but I could've done without the anxiety towards the end, especially for how dominant we were.

Leicester lose again, so we're technically 16 pts clear with a game in hand. City probably win tomorrow, so we're looking at 14 pts clear with a game in hand. Prove me wrong, Villa!

13. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thankfully, our forwards drop back and play defense, and that we played another team that didn’t wear their shooting cleats.

Ynwa

15. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Some occasionally sloppy passing and individual errors + some poor finishing. Not our best.

But I will always take a win away at Spurs.

Next!

16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    • Liverpool have 61 points in the Premier League in 2019-20 - the most any side has ever registered after 21 games in a single season across Europe's big five leagues (assuming three points for a win).
    • Liverpool have collected 104 points across their last 38 Premier League matches (W33 D5 L0) - a record total by any team across a 38-match spell in the competition's history, overtaking 102-point stretches by Man City (ending in 2018) and Chelsea (2005).
    • This is Liverpool's joint-best scoring run from the start of a season in English top-flight history, with the Reds also scoring in their opening 21 games in 1933-34.
    • Liverpool have now gone 38 Premier League games without defeat; since their last league loss at Man City in January 2019,
    • Liverpool have kept six consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since December 2006 (seven).
    • Roberto Firmino has scored five goals in his last six games for Liverpool in all competitions, as many as he had in his previous 30 appearances for the Reds before this run.

B.A. and soccershaggy repped this.
  17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    bbc:
    It is true they were let off by Spurs' missed chances but there is perhaps a sense that Liverpool's dominance is having a psychological impact on their opponents so that when rare opportunities come along, they are being snatched at.

-- been thinking that myself. it can't be a coincidence that so many teams are effing up so many chances week after week. we're freaking them out. :)

delaynomo repped this.
  18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Ha, saw Sammy down in Cabo. He's a regular there. I used to work with his brother when I lived in LA. We were with Western Airlines when there was a WAL. He was the union organizer.

19. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting how people are remarking the performance was so dominant. I spent the day with my wife and missed the game. I saw the extended highlights from NBC and it looked like Gomez made a number of errors throughout and we could have and maybe should have been punished far worse

20. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    At halftime Spurs had 27% of the possession. We are talking about the Champions League finalists playing on their home pitch. It didn’t improve for them until around 70 or 75 minutes.

Games away from home against the “big 6” are supposed to be hard. We are miles better than everyone. Manchester United want no part of coming to Anfield next week. What an opportunity to humiliate another rival.

bayred, Navieko, newterp and 1 other person repped this.
  21. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the highlights were funny - it made it seem like Tottenham were the better team. That was in no way shape or form true. We should have scored several and finished the game in the first half.

delaynomo, Red Bird and Kawklee repped this.
  22. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    what a tough match, especially in the 2nd half. Spurs was close from scoring in some occasions, but Alisson was always their to stop all their chances. Alisson was MOTM for me easily, at least he kept my confidence up that we're going to win it.

congrats to all Liverpool fans. ;)

delaynomo and usscouse repped this.
  23. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    yessss

24. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Now get number 19.

25. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Every once in a while we have to pinch ourselves and point out the absurdity of this. These threads are no longer discussing the result of the match. The result is a given. We always win. The only thing left to discuss is the extent of our dominance in each win.

What a pleasure it is to support the best team in the world. It might never get any better than this.

augie, kopiteinkc, delaynomo and 2 others repped this.