Tottenham summer transfer thread 2017

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Colm, May 31, 2017.

1. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loving our window.

Foyth has a huge upside and can play now if need be.

Sanchez will play now and if Dier or Toby decide to leave either next window or next summer we have a replacement as well as foyth and possibly Cameron Carter Vickers coming back from I would hope is a successful loan.

With Serge coming in we replace Walker and give a lot of competition at that RB spot which is much needed.

If we can somehow get Demeble from Celtic our window is amazing. That kid can play anywhere up top.

Our back three in 4 years could be Foyth, CCV, and Sanchez... That is a pretty damn good back 3 if they all develop like we think they should and we don't really have to worry about losing anyone back there as we are covered.

Such a smart window.

We also haven't spent all the much with the money that has come in. It's quite a smart window so far.

If someone we could get Ross Barkley and even though he is injured he and Lamela will be coming back close to the winter period that would be amazing.

2. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Well, in January 2016 we had him signed from Fulham for 5 million quid. However Fulham were in a relegation scrap so they wanted to keep him on loan until the end of the season like we did with Dele Alli and MK Dons. Levy agreed and it looked like a done deal, a real steal.

But then Levy did what Levy always does. At the last minute he changed the terms and insisted on making the transfer immediate, thinking that Fulham would cave. Nope. They told him to sod off and pulled the deal, selling him to Celtic at the end of the season.

Because of Levy's pig-headedness, we lost out on exactly the kind of player we need. Now good luck signing him.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sold on CCV yet. If he is not part of the first team squad at the start of next season, I think he's gone. Same for Onamah.

Agreed about Foryth and Sanchez, and good to see that another RB is present, though as was said, he is a bit of a head case, and I'm not cool with that (more the teammate disrespect/slur).

Doubt one of the Celtic version of Demeble come to Spurs.

Barkley will be interesting. The injury really put his situation up in the air, otherwise I think he might have been at Spurs.

4. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Agreed on CCV and Onomah, they need to have very good loan spells and/or Toby & Jan decide to move on in the case of CCV. He didn’t look ready in pre-season.

Dembele strikes me as a very good fit, he’s young, Poch wanted him last season, he’s drawn interest from Chelsea, United & Arsenal and while he hasn’t scored in the Premiere League, but I think he’d adapt faster than Janssen.

FWIW SkyBet have Spurs favorites to sign him right now but only 3/1. Interesting odds are even on signing Demarai Gray.

5. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it also means Janssen is off to West Brom on loan or for £25mil.

Also, Spurs are still thinking about Barkley and appearanly are interested in Mahrez.

7. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    13.11 BST: Sky Sports says Fernando Llorente is having a medical at Tottenham. It looks like Chelsea are set to miss out on the Spanish striker.

Hauler repped this.
  8. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the game I saw from Onomah at Aston Villa he was class. Running the show in the middle of the pitch. Hopefully with some more games at that level he can find his feet and feel more comfortable and I really hope the same for CCV. I think we could bring them back and still try and develop them cause they are so young. Onomah is like 20 or 21 and CCV is like 19 or 20 if I'm not mistaken.

Just happy we have quality young players in to learn from our at the back now. If Toby does leave I feel good we are prepared for it now.

9. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

so getting a new RB to replace walker, a young backup CB, a backup striker (if it goes thru), a (3rd) backup GK, they've filled a fair amount of needs already

Mahrez would fill the need Spurs have in wanting a 2nd creative player after Eriksen. rather have him over Barkley, I think.

10. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sounds like mahrez to Chelsea

11. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    espn rumor mill

15.49 BST: Tottenham are set to beat London rivals West Ham to the loan signing of Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes, according to the Daily Telegraph, which states that Spurs have held encouraging talks while the Hammers are privately resigned to defeat.

12. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the Spurs site - done deal.

Edit - Not it's not, must have seen it elsewhere..

Would be fun to get Mahrez, not just because he is quality, but to nip Chelsea as well...for a 3rd time this window. But I think he's more than Levy is willing to spend.

Saw that, too. Brilliant!

According to the Portuguese press (linked below, and Google Translate...is interesting), Gomes to West Ham. I would think he and Barca would prefer Spurs due to CL.

http://www.record.pt/internacional/detalhe/andre-gomes-pode-fechar-portas-do-west-ham-a-william.html

14. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Levy learned his lesson after Chelski stole Willian from us a couple of years back. Abramovich is still mad at us for not selling him Modric back in the day - Levy turned down a 40 million pound bid - and never misses a chance to screw us over in the transfer market.

15. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Relieved to see Aurier signed - now if he can stay out of jail we are definitely better at RB!

16. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    So two out of 3 positions of need upgraded. RB with Aurier and potentially Llorente since there needed a better option than Janssen on the bench. Last thing would be a pacy WF that could take defenders on and lead a counter, but it seems Spurs struck out on that. Sigh.

17. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea can still queer the whole deal with Llorente, its not over til its over

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  18. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    checked out thfc twitter, and the u-23s are playing west ham. Spurs youngsters winning 7-2, given away 4 penalties, 2 scored 2 saved

so sounds like a decent young keeper and some awful defenders coming up in the ranks :p

19. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Would appear Llorente is all but announced

903346429296443392 is not a valid tweet id

20. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I’ll tip my hat to Levy, that wasn’t a half-bad window, even if Gomes doesn’t sign, which is looking unlikely.

Arsenal on the other hand seem properly ********ed. A player who doesn’t want to be there and they won’t get a penny for now.

Count Chocula repped this.
  21. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah arsenal fans are warming up the torches and pitchforks

22. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #172 Count Chocula, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    apparently depends upon completion of Bony transfer to Swansea

Llorente had his medical many hours ago. and I thought Bony had his about an hour ago

I smell a rat in Chelsea

23. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #173 Count Chocula, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    so rumor has it - supposedly Ross Barkley was in for a transfer to Chelsea, but changed his mind during the medical

24. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    30 minutes to go....

25. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010