Torres, Gomez--Pachuca v Chivas 9/11 815pm EST

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by tomásbernal, Sep 11, 2010.

1. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one's in the 40th minute, and Chivas are up 1-0 off of a terrible goalkeeping error a-la-Robert Green. Gringo Torres started this one, but I don't know if Gomez is on the bench. You can find a stream at fsicrew.info

2. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal Pachuca, 1-1 now in the 57th minute. Free kick from the left side next to the box and headed in by Herrera.

3. TheBrand

TheBrand Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marco Vidal actually started in this one as well. He looks solid from what I've seen.

4. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, Torres was subbed out at halftime. 83', no Gomez yet.

5. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Herculez is coming on now. 85'

6. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bringing the GK up for a free kick when it's 1-1? I thought he scored! :eek::D

7. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full time. Ends 1-1, Gomez was on the field for about 9 minutes, but I didn't even see him touch the ball I don't think.

8. CenterLine

CenterLine Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Ponce play for Chivas?

9. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw the gametape I DVR'd. Ponce played the full 90 and looked poor. He gave up a silly yellow in minute 72 or so and was losing his man every once in awhile. He reminded me of Bornstein out there tonight. Ponce is normally solid but this game seemed very emotional and he was making dumb mistakes. Nearly a fight around minute 78, and a lot of Chivas players got booked.

Marco Vidal looked absolutely superb. He went the full 90, and played defensive mid but was not afraid to push up. If he plays a game like this next week, I am all in favor of calling him up to the National team. He caused all sorts of problems for the Chivas and really got into their heads. He seems to be playing back to his hot streak he had at Indios.

Torres played well but seemed to have an off game. The offense looked much better with a dedicated attacking mid/defending mid after Torres left, unfortunately.

10. TheBrand

TheBrand Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he has these types of games every now and then where nothing seems to work. The good news is he rarely, if ever, has two off games in a row.