Toronto FC II 2018 season...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RocketRobin, Apr 20, 2018.

1. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Friday October 5, 2018 Toronto FC II 1 Louisville City 3
    I'll get a story typed about that in a day or so although it will appear on Waking the Red for the first few days before I had pictures on my own site.

Anyway today's news even though it wasn't really a TFC II meeting:

At the meeting of TFC supporters organized by MLSE and held before the Toronto vs Vancouver game today after the fans were dispersing and I was talking to Bill Manning, he said TFC II are going to play at the BMO Training Ground (that's up in Downsview where L1O TFC III and its USSDA successor plays) next year in a soon to be constructed 1200 seat stadium.

They seem to be disappointed at the high rent they pay for Lamport (so much for me thinking they owned it or had a special arrangement).

That sounds like another reason they've dropped from the USL new Premier to the 1st Division as the stadium standards aren't so high. All those hipsters who wanted TFC II downtown instead of at Ontario Soccer Centre and saw their crowds plummet from 700 to 1000 to last night's season finale against Louisville City with uslsoccer.com stats of 128. (one hundred twenty eight) and I'd say at least 40 were cheering the visitors--not all relatives of Pickering's own Greg Ranjatsingh.

2. RocketRobin

RocketRobin Member

Canada
    Feb 3, 2007
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada