Torneo UNCAF [R]

Discussion in 'Central America' started by MoRado, Jan 20, 2005.

1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    What a boring tournament!!!!, HON and GUA are the only ones playing decent.
    I think HON is gonna win this.

2. Neubill

Neubill Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Jan 26, 2005
    Southern Kelehfornya
    ...and El Salvador crash out of another tournament.

CONCACAF teams are on the rise and El Salvador is watching the parade.

3. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    Can someone give me a recap of the Panama v Costa Rica game.. I only was able to catch like the last ten minutes.. and would like to know how each team played.. especially Panama... I was able to watch the goal that CR scored. but would reallt like to know how Panama played overall especially in the second half where they were 1 man short... thx

4. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    on a side note.. I was recently in CR from like Jan 21-Feb 3 more or less. cant remember the exact dates..and I was able to watch a few games on TV not much.. I was staying in Heredia (Ciudad de las flores, and flores doesnt equal flowers.. flores equals the bueaty of the women.. but thats another story) with some family that I hadnt seen in yeaaaaaaaaaaaars...and I hadnt been in Costa Rica ever and had a good time.. but returning to the topic I was wondering how is Saprissa doing.. cause when I was ther they tied 2 games in a row (even drove by the stadium twice) against much weaker teams.. thats what I was told.. I was going to go to a Heredia game but that same day a Great-Uncle wanted to see me and my cousin so we couldnt say no, so sadly I wasnt able to watch any matches live in CR which I wanted to do... well my question was how is Saprissa doing (thats for morado basically but any CR fan can answer). Overall it was a fun trip, to bad the beer is so much more expensive than in Panama. 1 Imerpial recycling the bottle and everything I can get 3 beers in Panama..but none the less I met family which I didnt know and met some very nice girls and had a good time.. to bad I cant go watch Pan vs. CR in March cause I have to work... but if I didnt Id be there.

5. Reycd

Reycd Member

May 6, 2003
    HONK!! HONK!!
    Club:
    Real Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Tahiti
    and I learned a few bad words..lol which always happens when going to a foreign country.. for example.. Cara de Picha,.. Mireeeee using the fingers and everything.. Playo, new term for me for homosexuals. also Mico.. womans private parts.. and acouple more that I cant remember off the top of my head..

6. Toronto Papi

Toronto Papi New Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey...
    Can someone please provide updates with the HON- PAN and CRC- GUA games please...

Here in Canada we lack Central American soccer coverage/information....

I would really appreciate this, thanx...

7. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Honduras beat Panama 1-0.

Guatemala is getting pummeled right now. It was 3-0 at the half, it is now 4-0, 15 minutes into the second half...

Wow... I didn't see this happen... I honestly thought that this should have been the "finals" of the tournament... Again... wow.

8. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Keep in mind, the CR team playing this cup is considered our "B" team. Most of those guys have never played in out NT before. Outside of Alonso Solis, and Junior Diaz, they are all new to the NT.

9. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Yeah, I wasnt expecting this especially after how costa rica had played against panama and El Salvador. I honestly thought we were going to win this game and the final against Honduras but I see I was all wrong.

10. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Nothing good to say about the PAN-CR game, in was a a boring game, PAN played extra-defensively after they lost his player. PAN had 1 good chance to score in the second half, but it was stopped by the rookie GK, Donny Grant.
    PAN played with only one forward the whole game.

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Hey Reycd...well Saprissa is doing better, they've won 3 games in a row(including one clasico), they are still 4th in their group, but they'll make it to the semifinals....hopefully

You should have PM'd, when you were here, next time i'll join you with some "aguilas"....

Yes it sucks, beer should be cheaper!

12. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    WOW...4-0 thats bad, well 4 is still beter than 5 like the last time....Not even me expected that!
    I wonder how happy everybody is there...its very funny, every time CR plays in GUA and the crowd start going "ole-oooole" against CR, we score! It has happened in the last 3 games, i hope they keep doing that in the final game.
    Guatemala is really playing better lately, but ah-ah....not at the CR'n level...sorry

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Here we go again.... HON-CR ***UNCAF final game

So a CR-HON final game again....everybody expected a GUA-HON final, but it did not happen....
    I obviously cheer for CR, but i feel that HON is gonna be the champ...I hope i am wrong as last nite...

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    2 negative points for guatemala

* It's not nice to "boooooooooooo"a national anthem, like the way the costa rican anthem was "boooo'd". Every nat'l anthem should be respected.
    * The guates fans that left the stadium in the 12th minute of the second half, you gotta be with your team in the good and bad times.

15. paul51

paul51 New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Its sad to see that CR playing with maybe 1 starter can beat every team in the region and also playing with a different style( more defensive minded)...

16. Delsocfan

Delsocfan New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Wilmington, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just curious, do they actually booooo in Guatemala or did they actually whistle like in Mexico?

17. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Not like Guatemala had the starting lineup either.

18. paul51

paul51 New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Please theres no comparison, CR only starter is ALONSO Solis, thats one....

19. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Solis is not even a starter.

20. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    A soft whistle is very common in every international game in every country, but i am talking about the boooooooooo the guatemalan fans did after the CR'n anthem. I haven't seen that here ever, not even mexico's anthem was boooooooo'd here.

21. Goathemala

Goathemala Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Monterey,California
    Club:
    CD Zacapa
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hopefully Guatemala beats panama today if not then we really need to find better players for our B squad, were going to need them later on in the hex.

22. Metro_tico

Metro_tico New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    I think they might be upset about:

A) 5-2 loss to CR in last WCQ.

B) 5-0 loss to CR in this WCQ.

C) 4-0 loss to CR in this tournament

D) A total combined of 14-2 in 3 games.

Maybe..I dont know :D

23. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    3-GUA
    4-PAN

24. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    i'll go for option
    E)all of above.

25. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    UNCAF final game between CR and HON is gonna be played @ 5et, 30 minutes earlier due to vandalism in GUA (Electric genarator was exploted by some mad guatemalan fans). So there will be no electri power for the rest of the day there....