Torneo Juventud de America 2011- Ecuador U-20

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Sixto for President!!! :D

2. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LOL wow I still can't believe it q GOLAZO now we should in all fairness give credit to Vizuete he stuck with De Jesus and he made the assist to the goal... that pretty much shut me up LOLOL

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You should give credit to Vizuete whether he made it to the World Cup or not. How many kids has he brought up and are now playing overseas? So far, Its twice that I've seen Vizuete go up against Brasil and both time, Ecuador should have raped them. First in Qualifier and that last game. If only he had decent strikers. Vizuete has won the Panamerican games, Qualified Ecuador to a Youth World Cup and barely made it to South africa after he was given the NT that was in the trash. You give Vizuete decent striker and he's capable of anything..Much better Coach than Rueda by FAR!! Vizuete doesn't play that BUNKER SHIT that Rueda plays..

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    From my standpoint, I've always supported Vizuete. He is already by far the most successful manager ever produced by Ecuador. Unfortunately, he's an easy target precisely because he hasn't coached other teams outside the country.

I believe the match against Colombia was when people started to get upset at Vizuete. We had beaten Argentina, we were unlucky not to beat Uruguay, and we had the opportunity to dream about not only the U-20 World Cup, but also the Olympics. Then we came out against Colombia in practice mode. Even the TV narrators kept saying it was not the same Ecuador that they had seen in previous games in the tournament. The players looked lazy and indifferent. The only conclusion from that game is that Vizuete and the team had decided that they would take it easy from now on.

Under another coach, maybe we would say it was just one bad game. However, ALL of us remember the PAIN of how Ecuador collapsed at the end of the qualifiers for the 2010 WC. And we also remember the PAIN of receiving goals in the last minute of games against Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. This gave Vizuete the reputation of not keeping the team motivated to the end.

This time, it looked like history was repeating itself again. We started good and then lost motivation. I've always said I support Vizuete and I would prefer him over Rueda, who had a decent Honduras team and did absolutely nothing in the WC. But Vizuete needs to show he can build teams that can "seal the deal" without suffering the whole time. We need to play with a winning mentality and try to win with comfort, not do "just enough" each time. Otherwise we're all going to live short lives watching this team.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And like I said before this tournament began, this was gonna be a much stronger team then the last U-20 team from 2 years ago. Although we have obvious problems up front, they aren't as bad as the U-20 team from the past Torneo Juventud de America two years back.

Congratulations to our guys who stood their ground and played a tough game. But one MAJOR thing they need to learn from these experiences are that "getting too comfortable with your results can come and haunt your ass". The Ecuadorian player needs to stop feeling a sense of satisfaction with barely reaching their goals. This whole tournament was a perfect example of that. I hope they keep this in mind when some of them play the REAL Qualifier in the near future b/c that type of sh*t doesn't fly by when you play those games.

One positive thing to point out is that we had the best defense of the tournament. John Narvaez is just awesome. I've seen this kid playing for 2 years in Cuenca and he's always come around to me as a pretty good player, but after this tournament he's beyond what i expected. I really think Rueda needs to include him in the NT. If he gained a few pounds of muscle, he'd be the best defender by far in Ecuador. BY FAR. We don't come around defenders like this every day in our country.

I'm glad Marlon De Jesus got an assist on that goal that Dixon scored. He owed the NT a ton after all those misses he had. But if theres one kid i won't lose hope in, it's this kid. And Montano's gotta lot of potential too but still needs time. I see a great future in our NT with these guys.

6. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Great game by the youngsters! But If anyone was a hero in yesterday's game it was Dixon Arroyo. He not only made the winning goal at the 72nd minute, but 8 minutes earlier denied Chile from scoring what could have potentially made this a different game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowl8I9fSJc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowl8I9fSJc[/ame]

7. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great game by Ecuador. Dixon Arroyo saved Ecuador during the 64th minute when Chile attacked and he saved a shot from entering the goal. On the 72nd minute Dixon Arroyo makes the shot of his life by scoring for Ecuador that enables the team to qualify for the World Cup. Ecuador wins 1 vs Chile 0, when they could have beat Chile by scoring a goal earlier. The whole team played great. As for Vizuete, finally the switches that he made for this game, finally worked out for the team.

8. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador missed a great opportunity to be in the Olympics, if they had a couple of results of the Uruguay and/or Colombia game/s in their favor. With the Brazil game, Ecuador was not mentally there.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I haven't seen enough of Dixon Arroyo to say he's gonna be a definite star. But yesterday he showed what none of our players have been able to do the whole tournament - he took the team on his shoulders. All of these other guys came in with big reputations; Montano, Cazares, de Jesus, Caicedo, and they had some good moments and they each played their part. But none of them stepped up at the key moments and made the big plays like Arroyo did yesterday. He wanted to win it. This is the type of mentality the team needs.

10. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    To be honest, I didn't notice how great he was until this last game. He really was superb.

It's nice to be able to say that we had the best defense in the whole tournament. They really saved our asses because our offense squandered so many chances. We allowed fewer goals than Brazil, but we also scored fewer goals than Chile :eek:

11. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    if anything, they were there and were the more dominant team, unfortunately our lack of finishing plus some bad bounces led to that result

we weren't there mentally for the colombia game, if anything

12. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who are some of the guys that you guys think have a bright future, both in the ecua league and those who are sure to play on a foreign team? I can see Ona, Narvaez, Ibarra, De Jesus, and Caicedo as sure fire bets to play overseas. Notsaying they'll be successful or unsuccessful for that matter, but just saying these guys can at some point in their careers play overseas (or in Mexico). Pineida and Quinonez were also pretty solid and it wouldnt surprise me. I think if these guys keeping gaining experience and working on their craft, we might just be looking at a point in time in the history of our soccer where we have a lot of talented youngsters coming through. Hopefully they all pan out.

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ANOTHER way to measure the good days in peru: did anyone get an offer or a contract from the top ligas of the world?

more competition for those kids....and half of them will be ready for SNT...soon

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can you give us the details on how the conversation went between the players and Vizuete?

I'll give it a go:

Vizuete: O.k Guys, Let take it easy from now on.

Players: Yeah, We already proved we can play great football. The hell with the Olympic's.

Vizuete: Yeah the Olympic's are a joke. Pretty soon they'll be Pole dancing in the olympics!

Players: Yeah, Let's go have some great preuvian Ceviche instead.

Vizuete: We can relax and squeeze out qualifying to the world Cup

Players: yeah, Finishing on top or Second in South America is so "OVERRATED!!!"

Vizuete: I know, look at Italy! They've never won a under 20 and most of the powerful football nations suck at this level and hardly even qualify!

Players: playing in Europe in also way way overrated!!!! I rather stay in Ecuador where I know my paycheck will be on time!!

15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    CON RAZON este gil tiene tarjeta amarilla!!!:eek:

que falta de respeto para el DT nacional y sus dirigidos

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...I actually gave hm green rep for making me "LOL"!!! :)

17. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice try!! But you know why I have yellow cards. It pertains to a "certain" Futbol and its awful. Always been awful and always will be awful..I rather be castrasted than to sit and watch 90 minutes of it. Falta de Respeto? yeah, A lack of respect is saying that the players and Coach decided to take it easy. I just pointed out how Ludicrous that was. Thank you for pointed it out! But since you are all about being Happy go happy.. I'll leave you with a Quote:

Of course he's not happy. Nobody's happy in this town except for the losers. Look at me, I'm miserable... that's why I'm rich

Ari Gold

18. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They say that the first thing to go is your sense of humor. :D

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Torneo Juventud -ARGIEFAN IS SUPER FUNNY, CRIS09 LOL AND LOLS

ooooooooooohhh

yeah - it was very funny! but, I like the last post, a lot more....huge improvement.

I just could not see why he was pist at vizuete or players, form making the world cup!!

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

If I recall, ArieFan was one of the few that actually supported Vizueta.

21. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    lolol

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

lol

23. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Lesson of the day, kids:

sarcasm (ˈsɑːkæzəm)

— n
    1. mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult
    2. the use or tone of such language

[C16: from Late Latin sarcasmus, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to rend the flesh, from sarx flesh]

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida