Torino vs. Napoli @Stadio Grande Torino - Matchday 5

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Sep 21, 2018.

1. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Early Sunday game. 6:30am New York time.

Match Preview: https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/preview/125113

Last season: Torino 1-3 Napoli

Stat fact: Torino haven’t beaten Napoli since March 2015, managing just one point from their last six meetings.

Torino (probable): Sirigu; Moretti, N’Koulou, Izzo; Berenguer, Soriano, Baselli, Meite, De Silvestri; Belotti, Zaza

Suspended: None

Napoli (probable): Ospina; Rui, Albiol, Koulibaly, Hysaj; Zielinski, Hamsik, Allan; Insigne, Callejon, Milik

Suspended: None

2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Torino: Sirigu; Izzo, Nkoulou, Moretti; Aina, Meité, Rincon, Baselli, Berenguer; Zaza, Belotti

Torino bench: Ichazo, Rosati, Bremer, Djidji, Lukic, Soriano, Parigini, Damascan, Edera

Napoli: Ospina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Luperto; Callejon, Rog, Hamsik, Verdi; Insigne, Mertens

Napoli bench: Karnezis, D’Andrea, Maksimovic, Malcuit, Mario Rui, Fabian, Allan, Diawara, Zielinski, Milik

Now who had expected this? This is more rotation in one match than Sarri had done throughout the entirety of 3 seasons. Let's see what we will see.

Sacki repped this.
  3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Let's go!
    Looks like ancelotti isn't too keen on diawara, I wonder if not selling him to Tottenham was a huge mistake

4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I'm kind of getting the feeling as if Carlo wanted to show every player that although they won't start every game, he trusts all of them to start games nonetheless. Every player always says that trust is the most important thing, and our bench definitely needs to feel some. Throwing them in when all is decided must feel like it's just for show...

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Rog gets so many stupid cards!

6. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    This ref had a few drinks at the half

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    insigne playing central..... not tryina brag, but i told u all so, again not tryna braagg:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    It was a great game this afternoon, we showed more variability and the especially the first 20-30 minutes were lethal. The ending to the game was good but the fact that we did not manage to score again is an abomination... But it seems like things really have been getting better, though it doesn't look very good for Milik after this game.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think we found our formation boys !

10. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good win, first time we have ever looked hungry in the early kick off. there is a new toughness to the team that is a joy to see. Torino couldn't cope with the front four for the first 30 minutes until we sat back on the lead. all the new face proving that they can be counted on.

11. RichardBarker

RichardBarker Member

NAPOLI
    Indonesia
    Apr 29, 2018
    Great Result. I am happy with the rotation. Keep player on their toes and reduce the risk of burn out.

O'Ghiattone and tripwire repped this.
  12. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Insigne playing central and not worrying much about D makes him way more dangerous. He has shown he can play with either Mertens or Milik up front. Also the formation gives the team greater fllexibility in the midfield. Allan has been an absolute monster, while Zielinski has contributed much postivity. Callejon never quits up and down that right side, and Hamsik just looks more comfortable in the formation they showed today

cipro, RichardBarker and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Insigne's low center of gravity, ability to turn his man with trickery and acceleration makes him ideal for a central midfield role - he is kinda like an attacking Luka modric.
    What Lorenzo doesn't have is the top speed and strength to play wing, I know it sounds dumb but most players who occupy the wings are freaks of nature making it not ideal for insigne to mostly go up against wing backs

14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah. But I think that collectively the speed of passing was much faster in the last much than it had been in the previous ones, as well as the level of accuracy. This is something that we need more than anything, for it is more decisive than one player's performance. I mean, I'm happy that Insigne scored, but he was quite lucky as well. What I liked especially was that we seemed more confident and our passing was inventive and fast, and that's sth we can and must do.

15. vesuviani1926

vesuviani1926 New Member

napoli
    Italy
    Sep 24, 2018
    great win! verdi looked good and much more comfortable. I like this formation and the way the use the whole field! the coach really brings the best out of his players and even tho i loved sarri ball, carlo really utilizes many differant aspects of the team.