****TOP PROSPECTS - ITALIA

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Jun 24, 2014.

1. sempreITALIA

sempreITALIA Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    CRISTIAN GALANO from Bari. Classic winger that scores. Keep an eye out for him. If Bari don't make promotion this year he will find a Serie A team.

Stamos repped this.
  2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Aronica.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  3. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So Milan have resorted to play station heroes? Nice.

St. Michael's Sword and jerrito repped this.
  4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Phat your hit and runs will never be bested on BS! :D

phat repped this.
  5. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ;)Thanks.

I remember very clearly and I'm sure you can supply a youtube video of when R80 was signed, there's a dribbler from the signature presentation at San Siro they should have signed under the same pretense. I really love uncle Fester.

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That was the sign that the apocalypse was immenent for Milan but Dinho did help sell a lot of Jerseys and thus was a great success to Fester and Berlu! :geek:

7. azzurri18

azzurri18 New Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hi everyone - great thread - thanks
    FWIW - a few words on the future - everybody put the blame on Balo - but he wasn't the only reason - though he has a lot of growing up to do- so Balo is still in -
    Instead I blame the vets for not showing the leadership needed and attempting to keep their present status going forward...
    DDR in particular - his market value has diminished in the last few years and for good reason - he cannot run - lots of heart but no legs - Number 2, he has forced the coach to play him in front of the D, which is his preferred role...as such he's forcing the coach to adapt a system around him.... I like him...but as a sweeper....he should play in that role first with Roma, it would add a few years to his career....will Garcia go for it? its worth a try...

The future is brighter than we think...lots of talent - like to see Donati, Gabbiadini, Fausti Rossi, and El Sharawy in...immediately...Gabbiadini can play with everyone as a 2nd striker....or come in as a 2nd striker like hi did with the Under 21

8. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Balotelli still in?? Some of you are like abused girlfriends that keep asking for more punishment. It should seem obvious at this point that Mario needs an international break for a decent period of time. When was the last time he looked motivated playing football. As a Milan fan did you watch his demeanor all year at your club?

As for DDR, I think the best thing may be to move him to CB (something you also elude to). I doubt he or Roma would want that, but the Azzurri would probably welcome such a move. He could step in and be our second best CB instantly….which is pretty sad.

St. Michael's Sword, 'Uaglio and jerrito repped this.
  9. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    JULY 9 UPDATE ****

The following players have been added to the OFFICIAL TOP PROSPECTS - ITALY list:

Edoardo Goldaniga (20, CB)
    Gennaro Tutino (18, ST)
    Antonio Romano (18, CM)
    Giuseppe De Luca (22, ST)
    Jacopo Dezi (22, CM)
    Christian Pasquato (24, ST)
    Alessandro Crescenzi (21, LB)
    Cristian Galano (23, RW/LW)

As usual, more strikers. We have a plethora of new strikers in Italy. Goldaniga is an intriguing CB prospect and we need more of those. De Luca could take the next step soon as he's got the pace and speed to make an impact. A couple of other interesting names in this latest update. Grazie to all for the suggestions. I'll incorporate all the new names in the PROSPECTS LIST on my next update.

10. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Out of my list, if I had to pick the top 3 prospects in each position, I would (personally) rank them like this:

GK
    Scuffett, Leali, Perin

CB
    Rugani, Bianchetti, Antei

LB
    Santon, De Sciglio, Biraghi

RB
    Donati, Darmian, Zappacosta

CM
    Verratti, Viviani, Jorginho

Wingers
    L. Insigne, Florenzi, Bernardeschi

ST
    Berardi, Gabbiadini, Immobile

jerrito and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  11. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just some random thoughts:

-if we're looking at the Azzurri as a four year project, which we should, the Pescara 3 are still the backbone of this side (I called this before the World Cup began).

-Immobile is going to get alot better in Germany (at least he should).

-Verratti is our modern day regista, able to pull the strings fearlessly from the back. I see Viviani being a worthy backup, so creative.

-Insigne...oh Insigne. Is he a LW? A secondary support striker? A primary striker? Here's an idea: trequirtista. You read it here first...I could see him wearing the numero 10 playing behind Immobile or Berardi or Gabbiadini or even Rossi.

-His backup? Saponara. Hopefully, Milan give him the chance.

So a fantasista/numero 10 and a new regista? The foundation is there...

12. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ok check this out, so i'm hearing that simone scuffet amy be on his way to atletico madrid! joke right?

to add to that napoli relinquished the opurtunity to sign the other half of Armando Izzo who was very good last season and let avellino take full ownership, we in turn bought a foreigner for the same position, thankfully though today genoa have signed Izzo.

not me lol, i have been crying for benitez to do this all season long, insigne has the vision and 1st time fancy touches and passing to play this role and will also put him infront of goal more

jerrito repped this.
  13. Unico10

Unico10 Member

Nov 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys... a lot of esterofilia here...

Why would Immobile get a lot better in Germany?

Sure. If the alternative would be to on Juve bench I agree, but minute x minute a striker gets better in Serie A where is tested by the best tactical league (not my assessment) and going against tough defenses in every game.

In Germany the top teams are presently stronger, but the bottom half of the table is a joke.

The problem is getting the younger players in the starting 11s in Serie A.... the ones that are in the starting 11, can develop in Serie A as well or better as in any other league.

14. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Answer: Champion's League

15. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Champions League and Germany plays more of a fast paced, positive game.

Immobile is going to improve by leaps and bounds I suspect

16. Unico10

Unico10 Member

Nov 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If he plays, maybe.

I agree to disagree. :)

17. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sure, that's the big question...

But I don't see why they would spend all that money on him if they weren't going to give him ample playing time.

Let's hope for the best

18. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I doubt Udinese let go of Scuffett so early..if they wait, he'll be worth more.

I have to add Izzo to the PROSPECTS LIST. What can you tell me about him? Any potential to move into a top club?

100% agreed on Insigne...not sure what Benitez is thinking.

19. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #119 secretariat89, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    Thank you Stamos for creating this thread. I've been waiting for somebody to create a thread like this. I think it is important to monitor and discuss about our youngster who are truly the backbone of Serie A going forward.
    Nicola Murru is 19 btw, but thank you Stamos for creating this thread. I've been waiting for somebody to create a thread like this. I think it is important to monitor and discuss about our youngster who are truly the backbone of Serie A going forward. I've started creating a list similar like yours in the Notes App of my iPhone for but with more strict conditions, with players like Crimi, Batocchio, Jorginho, Capuano, and Lezzerini not making the list.

Here are my requested players for you to add to the list and their reasons:

GK: Pierluigi Gollini, 19anni. Grew up side by side with Luca Lezzerini in the Viola Primavera, snatched by Manchester United few years ago and was recently signed by Hellas Verona. Rumors has it he is in contentions for their starting GK.

CM: Roberto Gagliardini, 20anni. Was stuck in no-man's land last year when Atalanta couldn't find a team to loan him at the end of 2013 Summer Mercato. They found Cesena at the Winter Mercato and was an "instant impact". Accoriding to a news article I read recently, Gagliardini and along with few of other returing loanee are part of a youth revolution plan in Bergamo.

RW: Salvatore Molina (Atalanta) & Luca Rizzo (Sampdoria) 22anni. Molina and Rizzo was Modena's 1-2 wing-punch last year in Serie B. Salvatore Molina racked up 36 app, 4 goals, 9 assists while Luca Rizzo racked up 35 app, 3 goals, and 4 assists. Both are likely to make their respective team this year and contribute.

LW: Federico Ricci, 20anni. Rudi Garcia loves this kid so much that he placed him in Roma's first team last year instead of loaning him out like his fellow Primavera graduates. Recently loaned to Crotone, he is considered to be a perfect replacement for the departed Federico Bernardeschi as Crotone's right wing.

That's all for now because these are the only players I know who are guarantee would receive playing time.

Stamos repped this.
  20. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's pray Sampdoria reject the idea of signing Walter Samuel because I'm afraid he'd probably will get the time that would usually be given to Regini or Fornasier.

There are also Rizzo, Fedato, and Beltrame who are included in Sampdoria's current retreat. I know Rizzo would make it and probably start at Right Mid for them after his amazing season with Modena last year, but if one or both of Fedato and Beltrame makes it, that'd be awesome.

21. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just read an article that labeled Cristian Galano as Italian Robben. Played almost all games and all minutes for Bari last year notching 11 goals and 11 assists. THERE'S NO REASON FOR HIM TO RETURN TO SERIE B. Apparently, Torino is after him. Thanks for bringing up Galano's name though. I didn't know how spectacular he is until I read your post. FORZA AZZURRI!

22. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Interesting name for a keeper depending on how you interpret it. Like Pierluigi "saves" Gollini's

Now if he was a striker, that would be the perfect surname!

jerrito repped this.
  23. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Galano is already 23 and given that he has only been playing Serie B football I am virtually certain he will never amount to anything in the orbit of international football which, I suspect, also goes for most of the others players discussed in the previous posts.

In fact, I would go as far to say that the likelihood of a youngster being eventually useful to the Azzurri is virtually zero if they have been loaned out or co-owned with a smaller club than their parent one during their formative years.

Taking Roma as an example, the only youngsters in the last 20 years who were eventually good enough to play in the first team after being loaned or co-owned with smaller clubs were Aquilani and Florenzi. All of the others, including Cerci, proved not be good enough, and the amount of youngsters who were loaned and co-owned during that period has been high.

24. dnesH

dnesH Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Italy's problem is not about youngsters availability but its football philosophy.Look at German.They were struggling in 2000 and their football federation took a huge gamble by hiring Klinsmann who puts his trust in youth and look at them now.

Italy needs to pick someone like Zola who is into attacking football.No point of having all those awesome attackers if your manager does not know how to utilize them.Look at Insigne and Cerci at their respective clubs.They were awesome because their manager believes in attacking football.

It's time for Italy to change its footballing philosophy.

25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Kinsman was hired in 2004. Their credit went into the way they changed there academies and how their youth are given opportunities in their league.

Might not be a bad idea. It would be nice to see him take a Serie A coaching job. Why Cagliari didn't consider him is a shame. He ended his playing career there and is a local.

Prandelli tried to copy another counties football philosophy. Colossal fail. In friendlies his teams suffered crap goal against for lack if defensive focus. Going to either extreme is not an answer. Look at Brazil for example. Cynical defending until they meet Germany, then they try an all attack mode and get completely worked over. Neither extreme was nice to watch.

It's time for Italy to go back to what works and modernize it again.

Unico10 repped this.