****TOP PROSPECTS - ITALIA

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Jun 24, 2014.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll believe it when I see it

So many good young italian talents have never panned out. Guys like Russotto come to mind

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Russotto was working against the powers that be...

el napulitan repped this.
  3. Calabrese5

Calabrese5 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lupoli, rosina, etc lol

4. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Both too slight to ever be great. Same as Insigne and Giovinco.

5. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Maybe messi could loan them some roids

6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    these players dont really need to bulk up, they just need to work on their core strength, you can add mass without getting much stronger, you can get much stronger without adding mass.

anyway another prospect is De luca of atalanta (forgot his 1st name,) he is very quick but just one problem, even atalanta give him little playing time, if he had played the whole of last season 0r 80% of it he will have obviously learnt more and improved but what chance do these guys stand when low level clubs wont even give them a chance to develope unless they score a hattrick in the few minutes they get.

albertini wants to have B teams in serie B which is good but my fear then is that clubs will just put their prospects there and not give them any real responsilbility with pressure, Sure playing reg in serie B is good but i feel that if these guys prove themselves in serie B it will just be disregarded and they will not be given faith in serie A, remember verratti proved himself in serie B but mazzarri didnt want him he instead chose behrami.

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rosina should have listened to Zaccheroni and stayed a winger. His best days were playing wide, but the Rosinaldo tag got to his head and he wanted to be the #10.

Stayed in Toro too long, then went no where with Zenit. Another talent wasted. I really thought he was going to be something

La Magica repped this.
  8. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Tutinos was ripping Arsenal, Marseille and Dortmund's Youth Team defenses new assholes, I know Arsenal and Marseille are known to have rather good youth sides... not sure about Borussia Dortmund... think Rafa rates him and Antonio Romano as players who can make it into the first team at Napoli, and who knows if they will be good enough to enter the Nazionale fold

but we'll see if he translates to Serie A level

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tutino has everything to become Italy's version of CALLLLLLLEHON

Because if it's one thing Italy needs, it's someone like JOSEEE MARIA CALLLLLLLLLEHONNN

10. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Agree 100%. He had Donadoni level talent but not much of a head.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He was on fine form for two seasons. Then as Toro got worse, he started to fade. Scored some great goals in that time

12. Gatorbomb

Gatorbomb Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know a lot of people like Berardi, but I'm not a 100% convinced yet. I need to see another season. I am a big fan of Gabiadini tho, he plays on the same side as him and has an extra season of serie a experiance. He's got everything to become an impact player and at 22 has time on his side. It seems like it's in the family too cuz his sister is tearing it up on the womens NT.

Caldirola is another piece I'm interested to see more of, hes got a lot of youth NT experience and he's had an up and down season in Germany this year. However, he still logged in more minutes than anyone else on his team so there's some faith from the coach there. I would 1000% rather have him than paletta, an all time low for me is when we gotta get an Argentine to play defense for us. If he starts out well this season, at 23 he could come in gain some experience and see where it goes.

Stamos repped this.
  13. Free Sempre X

Free Sempre X Member

Nov 3, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this thread shows what is so frustrating about national team football. If Milan lack a good right-back, Galliani can go purchase one on the market but there isn't the same luxury for a national team coach.

Right now Italy are producing good talent in an unbalanced way -- lots of excellent prospects at goal-keeper (Scuffet, Perrin), winger (Insigne brothers, Berardi), striker (Zaza, Immobile, Gabbiadini), and central midfield, but we lack great new defenders and particularly need new talent in that link-up/ trequartista role where we used to have so much quality.

St. Michael's Sword, Persona and jerrito repped this.
  14. Gatorbomb

Gatorbomb Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's like that everywhere tho, Germany is lacking in the striker department. Brazil is pumping out great defenders, have less quality than before upfront. Every national team has to work with what they've got and use the strengths that they have. I remember a time when we had no CM and no wingers than everything flipped.

Free Sempre X and jerrito repped this.
  15. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    Well at least to this point, the trequartista of the future is already in place in Hachim Mastour. Of course, that is a gross assumption, but based off what we have now, its an assumption that can be made until proven otherwise. Hopefully he is ready by world cup 2018.

Also, there was a little bit of Brazil trying to get involved with Jorginho. Anyone have the scoop? I'd really like to integrate him into the Azzurri before Brazil can snatch him up. Afterall, his skills were honed in Italia.

16. Gatorbomb

Gatorbomb Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who know's with mastour, If he does plan out I think the 2020 euro is more likely to be his first event.

According to articles, Jorginho has stated that he wants to play for Italy over Brazil. I've also heard for whatever reason the he won't receive his passport before January, who knows what he says if Brazil do come knocking tho.

17. Gatorbomb

Gatorbomb Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A midfield 3 of

Cristante Veratti Jorginho

Could be interesting in 4 years

18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan

When you own Neymar in a juggle-off published on YouTube...everything else is minor detail.

Now that you've seen it (on YouTube)...you must believe it!

La Magica and jerrito repped this.
  19. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Stamos, Free Sempre X and jerrito repped this.
  20. Free Sempre X

Free Sempre X Member

Nov 3, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great article, thanks for sharing.

I've seen the young defender Romagnoli play (decent impression of him) but not Antei or Goldaniga. Anyone seen them? We could surely use a top young defender. Hope we have a future Cannavaro in that mix.

21. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    Couple names that id like someone to comment on. Davide Di Gennaro. Christian Pasquato.

Stamos repped this.
  22. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    how is crescenzi doing and where is he now? he looked very promising for the U21's but havent heard anything of him, kast i remember was roma fans wernt impressed with him so i guess that means they own him right?

Stamos repped this.
  23. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He trained with the first team for a few weeks last summer so Garcia could judge him. But I'm assuming he didn't impress as he was loaned to Ajaccio. But he barely played there and ended up getting sent back in January and then finished his season with Novara.

I wouldn't expect anything from him at this point. Looks to be one of many who were great at the youth level but couldn't make the jump up.

24. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    thanks, thats a shame as he i was impressed with the way he could go passed players with ease, i bet we hear from him when he's about 27

Edit: saying that Darmian was hyped up when he was young then put on the scrap heap, now he's doing well

25. Calabrese5

Calabrese5 Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who's Palermo got at lb / rb these days???

Grosso, Darmian, who's next lol