****TOP PROSPECTS - ITALIA

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Jun 24, 2014.

1. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yep. Seriously, he'd be the most deserving of the captain's armband going forward. Only DeRossi would be ahead of him if the older players move on.

And I can't remember the exact incident but was it Cavani taking out his own club teammate? That's brutal. Probably changed the match more than the bite.

el napulitan and Stamos repped this.
  2. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Can't Veratti play the treq role?

Stamos repped this.
  3. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Moving forward, where do we go? And out of the Prospects List, who do we blend in to the national team? With qualifiers and friendlies coming up in September (still a ways away), I hope we start seeing a bold new direction.

If I was Manager, I'd look to:

-rebuild the roster with younger talent
    -Get rid of this passing, tiki-taka game that Prandelli installed and look to play tighter defensively, wider offensively and encourage pace and speed.
    -Restore the defense with a team approach - defenders AND midfielders
    -Restore team chemistry

My 23 man roster would be:

GK
    Buffon (captain), Sirigu, Scuffett

DEF
    Donati, Darmian, Di Sciglio, Antonelli, Chiellini, Rugani, Roncaglia, Caldirola

CM
    Verratti, De Rossi, Marchisio, Baselli, F. Rossi

WINGERS
    Insigne, Saponara, Florenzi, Bonaventura

ST
    Immobile, Berardi, G. Rossi

15 names from the Prospects List, which is excessive but needed to send a message: new style, faster pace, new Italia. Over time, names such as Candreva, Parolo, Cerci, Gabbaidini, etc. may find their way onto the squad, depending on form and other factors.

The key is to play wide, uptempo offence with a strict adherence to team defense.

4. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he can but I'm not sure we want to move him there since he's very alert and attentive defensively. That's just my opinion though.

5. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Florenzi never should've been left off the squad to begin with. Considering how much we were going to need guys with pace and stamina, he would've actually been a LOGICAL choice.

FORZA NAPOLI <3, whill4 and el napulitan repped this.
  6. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I'd also like to see Cerci continue to get call ups as well. I personally think he should've been subbed on in the 2nd half ahead of either one of Cassano or Parolo.

Nek Sanalet repped this.
  7. dnesH

dnesH Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Man i wish we have a player like James Rodriguez

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  8. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I will say I'm really looking forward to the team that's going to play euro qualifiers. May not get great results early but will be more dynamic to watch.

jerrito and FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  9. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Cerci, Candreva, and Gabbiadini would all make my team. I would also think about adding Poli as well if he gets the playing time he deserves. Maybe Criscito and Astori as stopgaps as well. Can't find much fault otherwise. I don't envy the future Italian manager when it comes to getting the right mix on defense.

Stamos repped this.
  10. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like the idea of a stronger defense and going back to our roots. Out of the prospects list, there are a couple central defenders that could be quite effective: Rugani and Caldirola to be exact.

And I hate to say this, but without Pirlo, our defense from our midfield will be much better. No need to cover for Pirlo's defensive deficiencies.

11. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This is true, but how will we replace the creativity and brilliant passing from him? Defense looks like the weakness going forward. The group of prospects in that area don't look as promising as the future wingers. Can Italy for once have a really fast team?

12. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's Verratti, Fausto Rossi, Baselli, Viviani and Cristante who all show great promise as creative midfielders. Verratti, in particular, is the rightful heir to Pirlo. I've been a fan of his game since his Pescara days where he was Pirlo 2.0, with better defense but very rough around the edges. His time at PSG has made him a more complete player.

13. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. dnesH

dnesH Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What is the fuss about Saponara??I don't see anything special about the kid.He's already 22 and not even a starter..

15. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What fascinates me most about Berardi is that he can play as a central forward, right wing (his best spot), left wing, and support striker. He has pace, height, takes penalties, takes free kicks and has the ability to just take over games. He better be on the squad come September.

Darmian Astori Chiellini De Sciglio
    De Rossi Verratti Marchisio
    Berardi Insigne
    Immobile

Reserves: Rugani, Criscito, Donati, Bonaventura, Poli, Florenzi, Candreva, Cerci, Gabbaidini, Rossi.

Starting lineup still lacks that link from mids to forwards, but none to be found….

16. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have a lot of potential right wingers in our system now:

Candreva, Cerci, Gabbiadini (can play both striker and RW like Berardi), Schelloto, Bernadeschi, Berardi, R. Insigne, Saponara (can play LW too), Florenzi

17. Unico10

Unico10 Member

Nov 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great list... but Roncaglia?? Are you talking of the same one that is in Florence? Let him stay Argentinian....

I say any new starting lineup has to start with a backbone.

I agree we should restart with a 4-3-3 and DeRossi, Verratti are definately 2 of the 3... on a 4-3-3 we need a striker that can hold the ball to avoid easy transition, pass with precision and finish... so hopefully G.Rossi will stay healthy and needs to be a fixture of the new Nazionale.

What we do not have is a single center defender on which to rebuild.

I say let's take the brusings that will come with youth and go with two young ones.

jerrito repped this.
  18. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    DA ITALIAN and Stamos repped this.
  19. DA ITALIAN

DA ITALIAN Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How i think we should lineup vs Norway in September: assuming no Buffon. (this formation could easily change to 433, but I like the idea of Verratti playing more advanced in a 4231.

[​IMG]

I know theres a lot of heat on Balo, but lets be real here. Hes our most talented striker and by a large margin. You could put Rossi there, and I wouldn't have a problem with that, but he cant be relied on. Immoblie of course is an option, but Balotelli is the only striker we have capable of being world class. No question he needs to prove himself these next two years.

20. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice lineup above...how about something a more attack-minded below:

[​IMG]

21. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its pointless to even talk about Balotelli if you've been reading all the reports these last two days. The rest of the team basically has turned their back on him for his antics at halftime. Forget about the fact that he's not even close to world class (don't believe the hype), but what about his total destruction of team harmony/unity. Balotelli has basically become "Cassano the Sequel" at this point. You won't see him play for the Azzurri for a very long time. He's effectively alienated the rest of the team. These guys won't forget so easily and fight for him anymore. He'll need 3-4 years of solid club football, and for all the animosity to die down slowly before he emerges from the wilderness. Lets also remember that his tweet eluded to Prandelli, De Rossi, and Buffon as being racists. Are you kidding me…as long as De Rossi is on the team he won't forgive (and you can expect our future captain to play in Euro 2016). Buffon may also be around at that point……we won't see him for at least 3 years if I were to predict.

I don't know what happened at halftime, but it must of been pretty bad. Par the course if your a Milan fan.

jerrito and Unico10 repped this.
  22. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm a little weary of the 'winger talk'. Question is, are they wing-strikers like say Robben, or are they wingers who get their hands dirty in midfield (e.g. Ribbery, Di Maria, Nedved, Camorenesi). If they are wing-strikers, you won't see more than 1 at a time in the team.

I wouldn't mind sticking with the 3-5-2 system early on. It lets us develop 2 CB's along side a veteran, and play an offensive wingback. Something like -

Immobile/Rossi - Berardi/Insigne
    Veratti
    Florenzi- Marchisio- DeRossi- Darmian
    Chiellini- ? - Rugani
    Buffon
    Or stick DDR at sweeper and give chances to another young CM to develop.

23. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another idea, my new favorite:

[​IMG]

24. Unico10

Unico10 Member

Nov 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Any lineup without Giuseppe Rossi has no merit.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  25. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Half the time he's injured unfortunately, but Rossi can easily slide in Gabbiadini's spot in that lineup.