Top 15 Goal Scorers worldwide since 1888-89

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by JohnvanEnckevort1, Jan 28, 2016.

1. JohnvanEnckevort1

JohnvanEnckevort1 New Member

May 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hi there soccer statistics fans,

i've been working on a database containing Top 15 goal scorers per national league, Continental Cups, World Cup and Olympics. I've now added more than 1,000 different Top 15's, and trying to add 7 to 10 new every week. Take a look, if you like: www.top15goalscorers.blogspot.com

Nicola1975 repped this.
  2. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Great work!
    You could also put somewhere in the site (aside or in an horizontal menu) a link to a page with and index to all the posts, alphabetically or chronologically.
    I saw the labels but maybe they are not so visible and you cannot go immediately to a specific year/country with only one click.

Keep up the good work!

P.S.: I like the picture you put on the website, do you know where and when is it from?

3. JohnvanEnckevort1

May 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you, Nicola!

Yes I know the labels at the bottom of the page aren't that visible. Most visitors just look at one season and then dissapear. Have to figure out how to draw their attention to other seasons. That's why I started with putting all the other league seasons from the same country in my posts. But that's a lot of extra work.
    The picture is from the 1938 World Cup match between the Netherlands and Czechoslovakia, in Le Havre.

4. Nicola1975

Nicola1975 Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe you can create a separate page (a static one) with all the links as an index, and at the end of every post you could put a sentence like "Are you interested in other leagues or years? Check the index!" with a link to the static page (always inside your blog).
    Thanx for the explanation about the photo :)

5. JohnvanEnckevort1

May 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you Nicola for that suggestion. I'll try to figure that out :)