Top 10 Players in the EPL

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by mler1019, May 21, 2010.

1. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Terrible list. Best midfielder in the world misses out, but there's space for Anelka, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham(??????) Terry, Chicharito and Gerrard.

Nasri is nothing like Datsyuk either, mainly because you are then comparing stuttering Arsenal to the great Detroit Red Wings.

2. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Actuallu as a life long Wings fan and a massive hockey fan, the Nasri-Datsyuk comparison is quite clever, and I can definitely see it. However to fulfill that, Arsenal needs to win a few things...

3. psychosoccerdude_79

psychosoccerdude_79 New Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I not say I might have left a few out? Messi,Ronaldo,Xavi,Ramos....... I put scholes and giggs in there because I'm a man u fan. I mean, what am I supposed to do? And admit it giggs was and is a legend at the midfield. You deny that he isn't up there. Nasri is creative right? Datsyuk is extremely creative and talented right? So that's where my comparison came from.

4. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    There are many creative players in the league.

Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi do not play in the Premiership... and Ramos isn't a top player. Giggs really isn't good enough for the top 10, or even in the top group of Premiership players, he has lost the tools that made him great back in the day, and just has a nice cross and a bit of creativity.

At least you admit you only included Scholes and Giggs because you wanted to be biased.

5. jcsd

jcsd Member+

Jan 27, 2006
    Sometimes it happends that quickly. Tbh he wasn't average he'd always been lauded as one of the best young players in the country, now he's producing on that promise.

He might've been at Spurs for almost 4 years, but you've got to remember he's still only 21.

6. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I understand that when a club has a young player tearing sides apart, their fans will want to champion that player as highly as possible. Hell, I did it with Ronaldo. My only issue with Bale is the insane media hype surrounding him. It's so OTT it makes me sick.

7. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    After hearing what Andy Gray has to say, I can safely say that Gareth Bale is the best footballer ever to have lived. /Generic comments about Inter and Maicon - They're European Champions you know?

8. Salvadefender

Salvadefender New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Rooney
    Lampard
    Ashley Cole
    Fabregas
    Drogba
    Torres
    Hernandez
    Gerrard
    Tevez

9. footiefan2

footiefan2 New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I used to rate Gerrard as one of the best midfielders, but can we still include him in a top 10?
    Same for Lampard, they seem to be in the descending curve... :(

10. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The same can be said of Drogba. He's had a poor season (albiet interupted by malaria) and finished poorly.

Players who finished strongly are Van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez, Modric, Adam, Toure, Tevez and Kompany.

11. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Rooney, Hernandez, Nani, Nasri, Van persie, Wilshire, Tevez, Toure, Bale, Modric

12. mler1019

mler1019 New Member

May 15, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    top ten players from this season alone?

13. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Vidic, Kompany, Fabregas, Ashley Cole, Modric, Yaya Toure, Silva, Tevez, Nani, Nasri

14. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    I am assuming you are referring to this season, so how can you seriously put Fabregas over van persie or wilshire??