Toon Army check-in thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by el americano, Sep 12, 2017.

1. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are following the toon and check this board ocassionally, please say hello and say in what region you are watching the matches. We weren't that big of a group to begin with, and there was an exit of disillusionment after last years' relegation. It would help morale if you can post one sentence to show people how many fans we have here in 2017/2018. Results have turned positive lately, so I hope it's contagious.

I am watching in San Francisco.

2. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    From St. Louis

Became a fan during the reign of King Kevin.
    Cried when we lost the league to Man U

el americano repped this.
  3. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    DC area.

20+ years of frustration.

Thx,

Jay!

4. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I poke my head in here from time to time. DC area too. Fell in love with the Toon in the Alan Shearer (player) days. Seems like a long time ago now.

5. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To whoever is left here: You survived Mike Ashley! Though he may have killed some of your passion for the club, you outlived him, and the soul of our club may return. We won't be good for a while, I think, but he won't be there to hold us down.

If you are returning, along with the return of hope, welcome back! Please say hi, if you haven't already. It has been a long dark period for NUFC - and for this subforum. HTL!

6. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I fell in love with Newcastle during the days of Keegan as manager. Coverage of English soccer was difficult to find in those days. Every time I caught Newcastle playing, it was pure passion. It was all about rewarding the fans by giving your all. We may have lost, but you were always entertained.

We haven't seen that passion in over a decade.

7. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah this has made it back onto my bookmarks bar for monitoring.

8. gatotkaca3

gatotkaca3 Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Long time fan since the Shearer move in the 90s. Looking forward to the future under new management.

But looks like we're going to collect our 3rd championship trophy first next year.

Sport Billy repped this.