Toni Kroos: #3

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Dead Fingers, Sep 1, 2008.

1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For me, real development starts when you're ready to play with the first team. That said, all young players need consistent playing time to get the most out of their development.

2. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Which is why, judging by the looks of things, things don't look too bright for the lad.

3. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the criticism has been a bit overblown, especially with the development and emergence of a host of young talent around him. I think he'll do alright.

4. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I am more concerned for the fact that he won't get the playing time needed more than anything else.

5. Ghana_Black_Star

Ghana_Black_Star Red Card

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Toni Kroos future star to look out for in 2014

6. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It could play out differently. Khedira could get a permanent injury, Jupp plays Kroos all season long in the holding midfield position and he starts for Germany.

Goetze is literally a fixture for 2014, and I don't see Podolski's playing good enough, or developing furthermore. Goetze will most likely displace him. That being said, with Muller, Goetze and Oezil in midfield i don't see him playing.

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Götze should be a fixture for 2012 at this rate. The most urgent thing for Jogi, besides fixing the godamn defense once and for all, is to ensure that Özil, Götze and Müller get on the same pitch together as often as possible.

I'm afraid that makes Kroos a back up to Khedira/Schweinsteiger and that's not necessarily such a bad thing.

8. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FR, if you were a little less bayern centric in Kroos' development ;), you'd have to say that he's been screwed around with up to now. That talent could have been starting now.

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm probably the least Bayern centric of any BS Bayern fans. Kroos has had a mix of things to put him where he is now, an unfortunate series of issues with the club, management and its players that is bound to affect any player's form and development, and also the circumstance itself, that being a young player trying to develop but do so at a big club with expectations and pressures. Some overcome it quicker than others, some never do. I still expect Kroos to come good.

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know that, but I would have said it was best for him to avoid Uli and his "10" jersey altogether....anyway, what the fck is your avatar all about??

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well people have to learn to edit Uli and some of his comments out properly or else their heads explode.

As for the avatar, it's a personal tribute to some of Eintracht's older teams and players. Been reading up on them and watching a lot of their stuff over the past week. Also looks pretty cool, no?

12. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah it does but it had me confused as heck this morning....:p

I need to get round to reading that piece. Did G write it? I think I've read it a few years ago....was it the 6 goal show against bayern?

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea he wrote it, i revised it and put all the graphics in. That's the one. :D Also added the videos to it.

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm there!!

15. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Doing some maintenance on the site, will be back by tomorrow hopefully.

16. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wondered what was up. I think the video should be on youtube. I remmeber watching the goal from the corner.

17. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think it's going to be Podolski, Oezil and Muller again. Jogi seems very reluctant to change, just my thoughts. He is 4 goals short of Podolskis 12 goal haul this season and has many more assists but it is really down to next season. If he can bag in many goals and assists, he could come good.

It isn't a bad thing for many players, but Kroos was meant to be playing were Oezil is now. Obviously, Oezil has been starting in games a long time ago and had adequate time to develop, and he done so finely. The case is not so with Kroos thus far and next season will be career defining I am sure.

Would be interesting to see Goetze, Oezil and Kroos in midfield with Muller and Gomez up front.

18. Ghana_Black_Star

Ghana_Black_Star Red Card

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Kroos EURO 2012 and Brazil 2014 will be his time to shine

19. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't expect him to change, I know how conservative he can be in that regard. It's just that those three are really the future of this side and the quicker you can get your most intelligent players on the pitch the better. They're obviously in a different category than any other German players and to think of what they can do on the field together is mouthwatering.

Would love to see those three play behind Schürrle.

21. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Schurrle is terrific, I really like the guy he has a hard work ethic, good scoring instincts and that innate talent which is needed. He seems like a natural successor to Klose for me, well rounded too.

--------------Neuer
    lahm------Merte------Hummels----Schmelzer/Aogo

------------------Schweinsteiger

------Goetze------------Oezil-------------Kroos

---------------Mulller-----------Schurrle/Gomez

Too radical a change, but I would love to see this formation. It's also inflexible, so I'm probably not seeing it

22. Zullu

Zullu Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweinsteiger, Özil, Götze, Kroos, Müller AND Schürle???

23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That midfield would be overrun with ease. Schweini does not have the defensive skill-set to play as the lone destroyer. Khedira's defensive abilities have improved dramatically at Real and it will take a serious long term injury to displace him from the starting line-up. He is already twice the player we saw at WC2010.

24. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Maybe against Kazakhstan or something. This was by no means an official lineup in any way.

25. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm massively disappointed with Kroos' development. He hasn't really been given the opportunity to consistently play, and at his age, and with the potential he has exhibited in the past, he should be playing more often. I don't really know who to blame for it as Bayern has had so much trouble this last year. Next year will reveal more, but I really don't think signing that extension is in his best interest. He needed to give himself the flexibility to shop around should a Bayern under JH not work out in his favor.