Toni Kroos: #3

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Dead Fingers, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'd rather they not :D lol!!!

3. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

LOL. Think of it as Alcoholics Anonymous.

4. Projekt4

Projekt4 Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Lübeck
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sure this third thread will be the one covering his breakthrough;)

5. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I still dont get it..........not playing him is the solution to prevent him from
    being arrogant? Whats that? And putting him off the spotlight by not playing him? Come on, for a Youth World Cup MVP, he is destinated to be put under spotlight. Pele, Maradona, Matthaus, Van Basten, Beckenbauer and now Rooney, C,Ronaldo, MEssi, Aguero, Bojan and Walcott have have been put under he spotlight at very young age and all have seen as hopes of their countries before they player regular professional football.

The question is: Why should Kroos be an exception? Is Honess stupid enough to think that," oh, if i don't play Kroos, peoplw will forget about him!" But in reality, the German media is a;ready starting to bring up examples of lost talents such as Timm, Auer and Ricken to compare them with the "wonderkid" Toni Kroos.

I m rather objective in this matter coz i m never a big fan of Kroos(not an enemy either). but i think young players should play in order to improve. Simple as that, no mind games or whatsoever.

He should be loaned to a mid-table club like Dortmund or Frankfurt or Karlshruher or whatever. They'll cry for his service and he'll benfited by 1) gaining valuable match practice in BL just like Hummels 2) Moving away from BM is actually the best way to keep him out of the spotlight. Afterall, BM is way too high profile these days in Germany. "FC Hollywood" itslef makes everyone under spotlight. Even Lell and Ottl sometimes.

Honess is never a good general manager. Big-mouth but he should use his brain before he acts. He isn;t any better than his brother who thinks having dozens of Brazilains in Hertha Berlin will make them the BL champion. Gosh, i really wanna know what the Honess brothers are made of.

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You guys should understand something, Bayern's priority is Bayern, always has and always will be. When was the last time Bayern gave such a young player consistent time on the pitch or even started him on a regular basis? People keep bringing up foreign names and other clubs but thats completely besides the point since this is a different situation alltogether.

7. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So what are the 12 steps to get out of this? ;)

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looks like someone has experience in this. :D

9. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i'm Bayern fan myself but there is no need to give Bayern excuses.
    Saying Bayern's priority is Bayern is rly a bad excuse. Its a bad one cause Bayern is damaging themselfs with the way they develop talent or better said dont develop it.
    There are simply too many failures in the last year. Without Lahm it would be one big disaster.
    Guys like Trochowski had to go. Players like Schweinsteiger and Podolski stagnate at Bayern or get worse and then there are players like Jansen and Schlaudrauff who get bought while Bayern has obviously no clue what to do with them.
    So how is it good for Bayern if so many players fail there?
    I mean i have hopes for this season that these things change with Klinsmann but critic must be allowed looking at the track record of Bayern in the last ten years.
    In the past the players developed to world class at Bayern, this is something im missing nowadays.

Also noone can denie that clubs in germany are simply too reluctant to use young players and want to "protect" them.
    You dont get this stupid stuff in any other country.
    Now you could say that its not only Bayerns fault and thats ofc true but its also just reality that Bayern has and always will have quite a few of germanys best (young) players in their hands and this means also some responsibility for their development.

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL poor DF

I wasn't sure there was going to be a new thread allowed when i saw the little padlock next to the 2nd one

11. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D

Then why'd they buy him? He needs to play several games in a row, preferably but not necessarily without the pressure to succeed immediately. Then you can judge if he deserves to be a starter for an extended period. Bayern conditions are not the best at all for an 18 year old. Ribery and Toni will be ok but they are mature people.

12. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ricken's case - he wasn't as much of a talent as we all thought he would be. He got plently of playing time.

13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could it be that Kroos wasn't nominated for the NT, cause of Hoeness' intervention? :rolleyes:

14. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Obviously they recognize his talent and want to make him part of Bayern's future. How and at what rate they chose to develop him and bring him into the team is up to them and them alone.

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    If he fails at Bayern he can come to his favorite club: ... Werder. ;)

Nah, serious, i wish him a good season, because he´s part
    of my kicker online manager team. :)

16. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're talking as if what they are doing is going to work for sure.

I think that (from my outside perspective) playing at a club like Marin or Gomez did would give him a better chance.

17. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well I would like to believe that a club believes in what its doing and knows how to handle things like young talents. It would be quite worrying if they are skeptical about their plans at this stage.

Thats your opinion and everyone else who wants to see him play more soon. Bayern's management don't think that way.

18. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No! Honess is the worst GM in terms of developing youngsters, actually both the Honess brothers have similar problems.

I still remember what K.P.Boateng, Schroch, Dejagah and J.Boateng complained about the treatment of youngsters in Hertha Berlin under Honess.

Uli is obviously a different person but he doesn't seem to know how to handle youngsters who are not mature or not well-developed yet. He brought in Toni, Ribery.......wel,, yes they were great buy but both are more ready.

A GM of a club should be responsible in many different aspects. Honess is never an allrounded GM. And he still yet to produce any good local player for the club yet.........but ruining them so far. Lahm;s career was nearly ruined if he wasn't loaned to Stuttgart earlier.

My point is, if BM is looking for established player who is ready to play in the current season.........they shouldn't buy Kroos in the first place. they'll never play him coz he'll never be ready if he never plays.

19. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    bayern have a pretty crap record developing young players into superstars or even very good players. If it works, which I hope it will, it'll be tougher for kroos than at another club.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems to me you're confusing what you want to see happen with Kroos with what Bayern want to see happen with him. They bought Kroos because they probably didn't want another club to get him before they did. Buying him early didn't mean he was going to play early. I don't think they bought him expecting him to play as a first teamer right away.

21. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And it irks some people that bayern do this with germany's talent most times.

It would have meant that he was going to play early if he was bought by someone else - who would be buying him because they need him; moreso than to keep him away from other teams in the medium-term.

22. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Would that have guaranteed him developing properly or becoming a ready or NT type player though?

23. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no guarantees but were there with marin and gomez? With oezil? With per mertesacker?

Lahm is a case where bayern did what they should do with kroos right now and look how he turned out

24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Right, you can make the case for that path to be right path of development. However, like you said, there are no guarantees and the fact is that Bayern believe what they are doing with Kroos is the right thing to do. What if they turn out to be right in the near future and it just takes a bit of time?

25. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Then I will be happy...

So let's see how this path bayern are going on works out. They have to have Kroos on a clearly (to him) set path