Today, the average age for a Premier League season-ticket holder is 44

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by whatareyoulookingat, Dec 4, 2011.

1. whatareyoulookingat

Jun 11, 2008
    Durham
    No wonder the atmosphere is so bad.

will it change?

Nope.

2. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    This is part of the reason I've stopped watching the EPL lately. No atmosphere means poor TV product. And the irony is they tell us the TV is most of the revenues. It is often the same here in the states, with the exception of college football. I think teams (both in the EPL and here in America) need to take note of college football with its student sections and which are essentially subsidized season ticket holders. Sell fans cheap non-transferable season tickets in a general admission section of the ground. Don't sell them on the internet but sell them via a physical ticket line (the young will wait in line, old people don't). Non-transferable is the key, limit 2 per person. General admission is important too, because it incentivizes people to come early.

Then if we just get the officials to stop giving big clubs favorable calls, and squad limts so Manchester United can't have 6 strikers; I might start watching again.

COYS repped this.
  3. COYS

COYS Member

Jul 29, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with all of this.

AlbertCamus repped this.
  4. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would assume that's because the tickets are very expensive and older people are the ones that can afford it.

I think the atmosphere is fine. Packed out crowds, still have the supporter sections, etc.