To the Future: Ajax, 2018-19

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax could reach the finals, but I don’t want Barca to face them. There’s a special bond between these two and I don’t want it to break. They’re kinda like bros from another mother. I actually hope Ajax can produce similar players like de Jong and de Ligt with some good economical power so that they can keep these players instead of selling them off.

2. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think this is our best midfield right now tbh. De Roon is awful, and extremely slow. Wijnaldum is actually an incredible 6 for Liverpool and if Oranje switched back to the 4-3-3 he would be great there.

Cillessen
    Dumfries - de Ligt - van Dijk - Blind
    Wijnaldum
    van de Beek - de Jong
    Promes - Memphis - Bergwijn

That's our best XI right now, hands down.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    On paper yes, but we still would have to see it in practice if it works or not.

No guarantees that it will

Frysk Bloed repped this.
  4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The entire April 28th schedule has been moved to May 15th:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3466196/knvb-verplaatst-33e-speelronde-eredivisie-naar-15-mei

pfloyd and Orange14 repped this.
  5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Props to the KNVB!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oranje98 repped this.
  6. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't usually post in other teams forums but a few of your posters were very respectful and provided great conversation throughout the tie. Now that I have been able to swallow the way it all went down, I was cheering for you through the group stages, against Real, and now that you have knocked us out, I will be rooting for Ajax to win the champions league. I think you all play fantastic football and approach the game correctly.

After doing what you all did to Bayern, Real and Juve I can understand where Frankie De Jong gets his "confidence" (but it was a bit arrogant on his comments following the tie), I truly hope we thrash him and barca in years to come. Who knows, maybe there is a bit of luck and De Ligt comes to Juve and they have great battles for the next decade (won't hold my breath on De Ligt :( though)

Good luck Ajax!

Forza Juve!

btw, I think Ajax have the best home kit and badge in all of football.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thanks and many of think the Ajax shirt is the best looking around!! This is the way it should be on Big Soccer.

BTW - I am a San Diego native, born and raised; graduated from Pt. Loma HS long ago when soccer was not played at all.

Gabriel Guilarte and usnroach repped this.
  8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Classy!!

I will troll Real Madrid forum (thats how I got my yellow card :D), but I wont troll the Juve forum. Or the AC Milan forum. Too much respect for both you guys.

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

Rossonero23 and usnroach repped this.
  9. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I’ve said it before (and I am increasingly convinced) that in Frenkie and Donny, we finally have our own Xavi - Iniesta. They should be the spine of the Dutch NT midfield. I hope Barca would buy Donny too so they can continue to be a pair... unlikely though.

Add De Ligt (back) and Bergwijn (front), the Orange Lions are poised to dominate in years to come.

Oranje98 repped this.
  10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All we need is a world-class striker to either replace or compliment Depay.

What I mean is if we have another Ruud (unlikely) we wont need Depay as much, if we can produce another Kluivert then that would compliment Depay perfectly

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Can Gravenberch force his way in to the first team next seson. Dont really understand why Ajax signed that Marin guy.eiting was doing good before the injury. Azor Matusiwa also has had a good loan season at De Graafschap

12. Hey guys, let's keep things where they should be. Orange matters in the running Orange thread please.

aveslacker repped this.
  13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Talks I'm already hearing on twitter and Spurs forums is they are getting worried, they know Ajax play very well as a team, and they are missing Son and Kane which means Llorente has to start game 1.

The stars, moons and planets are beginning to slowly line up :D :thumbsup: :ROFLMAO: :cool:

wilson00 and Gabriel Guilarte repped this.
  14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I put $50 on Ajax advancing past Spurs @ 1.80 on William Hill

Orange14 repped this.
  15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I want Ajax to stay underdogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Oranje98 repped this.
  16. Oh dear.
    [​IMG]
    Erik ten Hag. © BSR Agency
    Ten Hag wil nog niets kwijt over nieuw contract: ‘Groningen-uit nu belangrijker’

Erik ten Hag wil nog niet speculeren over een nieuw contract bij Ajax. ,,Dat lijkt me niet het juiste moment¨, zei hij. ,,Het is bekend dat ik het hier uitstekend naar mijn zin heb. Maar we zitten in een drukke en belangrijke periode. Voor mij telt nu de uitwedstrijd van zaterdag tegen FC Groningen.”

https://www.ad.nl/video/titelrace-eredivisie-kan-nieuwe-trainer-van-bayern-bepalen~p76432

17. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Erik ten Hag leaving Ajax, in my opinion, would be the biggest loss that happened to Ajax probably in my lifetime. Overmars must hurry up and extend his contract. I wouldn't mind if this ends up with Ten Hag being offered the biggest coach salary in the club's history! He totally deserves it.

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stupid, stupid yellow cards for Huntelaar to take. He is a veteran, he should know better.

Now he will miss the next match

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The celebratory taking the shirt off by Huntelaar after his match winner almost was the undoing of the team. I could not fathom why he threw an elbow at the Groningen defender only minutes later for a well deserved second Yellow Card and sending his team to 10 men. A great save by Onana and stellar defending from Blind and de Ligt kept Groningen off the scoreboard and putting pressure right back on PSV. This was always going to be a difficult match as Groningen have been playing well and Ajax were coming off the high of beating Juventus in Turin.

Player Ratings:

Onana (7) - had remarkably little to do until the stoppage time save
    Tagliafico (6.5) - was not the creative force he has been and was chopped at quite a bit by Groningen players
    Blind (7.5) - solid defensively all match
    de Ligt (8) - certainly looked like he won every single ball in the air
    Veltman (7) - didn't have much defending to do and was quite effective going forward
    de Jong (6.5) - better in the second half after an almost disastrous turnover early in the game
    Schöne (6) - just above average and not much more
    van de Beek (6) - worked hard but didn't create much
    Neres (5.5) - not effective at all
    Tadic (7) - tried to make the final pass but wasn't able to connect
    Ziyech (6.5) - good pressure from him but lackluster offense
    Huntelaar (4.5) - two stupid yellow cards marred his match
    Dolberg (NR) - had one good possession in his brief appearance
    Kristensen (NR) - on very late

Vitesse at home mid-week. Let's hope for a more inspirational match

21. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Barcelona has been tracking Ludovit Reis for sometime now. Any ratings on this guy or his performance in the game.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Didn't really focus on him.

23. See my ratings of the weekly games in the Eredivisie 2018-2019 thread.