To Replace The Irreplacable - The Madrid Manager Search Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who is your choice to be the next manager?

1. Pochettino

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. Klopp

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. Conte

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Sarri

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Guti

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  6. Allegri

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  7. Low

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Laudrup

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. Wenger

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  10. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  11. Tite

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd pass on Tite honestly.

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No idea why he is even considered by some people to be honest.

3. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IIRC Guti's first season with them was amazing. Didn't he win like a treble or something with them?

5. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He did, not followed this season but we are in Copa final.

6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I read somewhere that he had less success but this years players weren't as good as last season.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Manager: Tite
    Assistant: Guti Haz

Sign me up!

Deep Pal, raven3k and AriGold repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Tite will come after WC if we are really interested. He must not have earned that much in Brazil and has coached couple of clubs in UAE for money. So Madrid job should be satisfying financially and challenge wise. Not sure how much Brazilian FA pays but can't be that much with a NT. I read Coleman was earning 200k a year with Wales and today he agreed to join a Chinese club.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is the thread were people are actually pushing for an almost 60 year old uncle that has never coached in Europe, most likely doesn't speak the language, and has probably not even attended a CL match in his life to take over Real Madrid.

Sounds good.

janos audron and Yannick Relens repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Come on man, he's 57. Around the age of Mourinho and Ancelotti. Both Wenger and Sarri which the media discuss as options are older.

You're other points about him not understanding the language and never attending a match are just wrong.

Tite came specifically to Madrid and spent time with both Ancelotti and Zidane learning from them. He's not only attended CL matches, he has learned from the same man Zidane learned from and he even has some of Zidane's attributes (great man-manager, too loyal to his men, etc).

Dude at least do some research about him before you shit on him

Deep Pal and Kroosinator repped this.
  11. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    If we have no manager by end of the week, then theres a good chance we are waiting for Tite.

12. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I still see Wenger as a good option . It is kind of the best of the worst scenario but he is very experienced and he did well with a rich team unwilling to spend money enough to win something big .
    I mean look at their squad ... And for all the Ozil lovers , imo he is mediocre most of the time and has some short periods of world class passing but isn't just good enough .
    They had their key man in Alexis but tbh , if Barca doens't want you anymore , you re not worldclass .
    I think he can do well with Real and a big budget

13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    #713 janos audron, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    It seems like he has European football in his little finger. Fast learner Tite is.

#FICHADO

Prit Javier repped this.
  14. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Or Lopetegui. :D

15. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Just keep Wenger away from Madrid please.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is f*ckd with whoever comes in. I know people will say that he has started under previous coaches...but he was actually decent at those times. The only person I could see continue to start him is maybe Wenger with the French connection, that’s it.

Prit Javier repped this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What would you say are his strong points?

I haven't heard much of him and the only reason i am against him because of the lack of experience in Europe, i just don't feel you can know the "meta" of it's leagues, competitions and clubs while coaching on the other side of the world. I would be pissed off if he came here trying to pull of something that doesn't work tactically.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Initially an approach to Mauricio Pochettino was seen as the obvious option, yet dealing with Daniel Levy has proven to be near impossible on this matter, and unsurprisingly so.

He remains the favoured candidate of Perez, but the most unattainable, as his recent contract extension to June 2023 is problematic.

Los Blancos are reluctant to abandon their pursuit of the former Espanyol coach completely and all available resources have been brought in to try and broker a deal.

Jonathan Barnett, coincidentally Gareth Bale's agent, has a good relationship with the Spurs chief and has been brought in to mediate discussions.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/06/11/5b1d88d322601d4b1b8b4626.html

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    RMC is reporting we've went dumpster diving and came up with Villas-Boas.

Digital, temesgen, Eddie and 2 others repped this.
  20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thankfully it's RMC. Hardly see them getting anything right especially with their random RM news. Seems like just throwing another name out there.

21. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    RMC is a piece of junk most of the time (yeah sometimes they are right, but it's rare. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time)

Last night they said Adli from PSG was in London to sign/discuss with Arsenal, then a few minutes later Adli posted on instagram that it was false since he was in Villejuif, France. Then he complained that journalists just make up stories, and that it is tiring.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was on vacation in Madrid twice.

23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #723 Saeta Rubia, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018

Zidane05 repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    - He's a great man manager
    - Tactically astute
    - Pragmatic in approach
    - Attacking style (similar to Zidane: FBs higher up pitch, Casemiro holding)

Point blank; the guy knows how to win.

Tactically he plays similar to Zidane with the 433 or goes 4141. His main reference was Ancelotti, but Tite is said to be a student of the game.

The guy just has been winning for some time now. Rebuilding a trash Corinthian side to win everything. He just turned Brazil from a defense team without an identity to a powerhouse in nine months.

He wouldn't even have a buyout and I'm sure he'd be more cost "friendly" then Pooch, Allegri (both have zero chance of coming) and even Wenger.

He's 57, has a lot of energy and is well received. He really is like Brazil's version of Zidane's three year success including how he plays and his relationships with players. I don't know why some people hate this idea.

I think Tite with Guti could be amazing. Then in two or three years Guti is ready for his run.

Eddie repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

madridista_hr, S1na and Zidane05 repped this.