To all you Lee Dong-guk haters

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Deleted Users, Oct 20, 2005.

1. FlashM11

FlashM11 New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    California
    i think he is talking in substitute wise.

2. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    right now? no one....so that is why we need lee dong gook bad

3. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    It's amusing to see Lee Dong-guk follow in the exact foot-steps that Hwang Sun-hong took. Lee Dong-guk can only shut down his opposers for good once he blows up in Germany, just as Hwang Sun-hong did last WC. Seriously, Hwang Sun-hong was the national sand-bag before 02. Luckily, he had to sit-out in France but if he played and we still sucked, he might've killed himself.

What futher amuses is that before Koreans had "national interest" in the EPL, Lee Dong-guk was criticized immensely for "cherry-picking". Then they all saw his volley-shots. Then they saw Van Nistelrooy (arguably the #1 cherry-picker in the world). Where did all the critics go?

Talk is cheap.

[​IMG]

동국이형. 소신것 열심히 뛰어주3. 그리고 이제 형도 날개 펼쳐서 훨훨 날아야죠!

[​IMG]

Hwaeeting 3.

4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    LDK is our striker for 2006 and 2010. Screw the haters.

5. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    2006 for sure, but 2010 is an iffy

6. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Why you gotta ruin it for me every time?:cool:

7. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Dong-gook Lee is one of a kind for us.

He has his ups and downs, and he certainly is not a perfect player just like anybody else.
    He is a very valuable asset for our team. Without a doubt. Period.

8. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not trying to ruin things for you.

Mind you that he will be in his early 30s by 2010 and although many players have played that far on the KNT, Korea is quite loaded in that position and I'm saying that it's a bit early that he will be a lock for the starting FW position in five years :)

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You just did.

10. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well if you think I did
    :)

11. daeh0

daeh0 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    he definitely helped us a lot during qualifiers, so if you hate him cuz he gets a bit of bad luck here and there, you suck. let's see you score those beautiful lob goals

12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Appreciate your legends when they are still around. You will miss them later.

13. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why on god's good earth did you bring this back alive.
    I was wondering why the hell Advocat was talking about LDG until I saw when the posts were made.

skimmilk repped this.
  14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LDG was one of your best players. CDR said farewell last year, LDG is 36 and he can retire any moment now. Just wanted to appreciate players like him when they are still around. That is all. What did Advocat say about LDG?

15. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Funny ass thread. Proving once again love is blind.

16. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    #41 batumchange2, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    you do remember lee donggook performing well prior to the 2006 world cup before getting his knee broken in half right? after in which when he recovered he converted into a serviceable player in the kleague? just look at his stats post-2005:

[​IMG]

i don't care a lot for what if's but there's no hiding in the fact that lee donggook was a late bloomer. he probably was close to hitting his peak in 2006 and the injury most likely delayed it. exclude one fluke freekick goal and our supposed lord and saviour park chuyoung did absolute jack shit for us in the three consecutive world cups he was in (i'll bet a million dollars that most reading this had already forgotten that he was in 3 world cup's--actually, scratch that, was he even in the last world cup? i honestly can't remember ever seeing him). healthy lee donggook might have. very unlikely, but certainly possible. what is my point? that lee donggook was an incredible underachiever but he isn't so far behind in the ranks among 'top' korean strikers. he performed well during 2006 world cup qualifiers and he was one of the team's star players during the 2000 asian cup. he doesn't deserve the shit-stomping he gets from some korean soccer fans

17. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :D:ROFLMAO: I sincerely hope LDG doesn't retire soon though.

18. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    believe it or not, at age 37 he still has national team ambition. some might say retire and other young talents have at it. but if he can make an impression again with his club team and to coach stielike, he says he can't rejoin the national team as old as he is. it's unlikely with the arrival of suk. but we'll see what happen.

19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It would be wonderful if LDG gets his "farewell" run during 2019 Asian Cup or 2022 Qatar World Cup.

20. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If he only scored that goal against Uruguay lol...

21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Li Dongguo was at his peak with Advocado. He was by far our best player during the qualifiers before he was sidelined by that crazy injury.

But he's been sorely disappointing and boring since that time.

His achilles heel in all seriousness is his self-entitled attitude. That's why he got left out of 2002 WC roster and why he's great in Korea but horrible at international level.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well people keep hating and he keeps scoring :D simple as that.

23. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree with you except Park CY being in 3 world cups. yes he was in 3 World Cups but are you really going to count 2006 when he was still inexperienced and was still considered a prospect?

Lee dg will always be remembered as one of the top strikers to embrace the KNT jersey.

24. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    /endthread

25. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010