To all the Todd Smith naysayers

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by redondo10, Sep 22, 2002.

1. redondo10

redondo10 New Member

Apr 17, 2001
    For all the bashing that guy has received on these brds I couldn't help but chuckle to myself this weekend. After I saw the Revs blank the Mutts and Chicago beat Columbus so the Revs could walk away with the East title.......Todd Smith is a big reason why we are here. He brought in Steve Nicol, he did make the trade that brought us Kamler/Hernandez/Serna (ok you got me there) and got us Ralston, Llamosa, and some kid named Twellman. He got rid of the baggage like Harkes, Wynalda, Alvarez (I still like him), Williams, and Diallo.

And now he is leaving at the end of the season. God Bless the Big Guy, this team might actually be on track now due to him. The ironic thing is that after the way the Krafts treated him, he probably can't even enjoy it. I wish him the best in whatever he does, I hope he and the other Revs staffers go work for another team that appreciates all of there efforts.

GO REVS!

2. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    I certainly wish Todd Smith all the luck in the future and think that the way he was back-stabbed by the higherups in Pats-land was and is disgusting. On another thread there is a lot of talk on how the Krafts deserve kudos for putting $$$ behind soccer, etc. That is certainly true but they also deserve a right roasting and no forgiveness for the way in which they allowed their hitman, Lou whatshis name, to knife Smith and seven staffers in their backs. It is vile.

But congrats to Todd and the very best for the short and long hauls.

JIM DOW

3. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually you can thank FC for Twellman. Thats the only good move FC made in Revs history, maybe thats why he is working with the US Nats youth teams now.

4. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    You're clueless.

FWIW, Clavijo's deal with the U-20s was only a one shot deal. He was asked by Rongen and agreed to fill in for Cle Kooiman, who was dealing with a family illness.

5. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: To all the Todd Smith naysayers

Wow! We've got our U20 defenders being schooled by Cle "take no prisoners" Kooiman?

Those guys are going to be some mucho tough hombres!

6. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Rusty Pierce.

Wolde Harris.

Joe Franchino.

The guy developed a good solid playoff team. Why must we pretend that someone is "all good" or "all bad"?

7. RevsSoccerFan

RevsSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope all the Todd Smith bashing will subside. The man needs our support again. See the Revs News 9/23 thread for John Lewis' article.