Tips to play street futbol.

Discussion in 'Player' started by FenoFutbol, Sep 20, 2006.

1. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    This is for my "hommies" down there, down in Mexico, CA, and SA, where the real futbol is played, of course we know the best futbol is truly played in Rio de Jairo and in Barrio La Boca :cool:

Rules to Street Futbol

1. Be ready to fight, "there aint friends in the street" you may even get killed :p

2. Dont just jump out there in the park or barrio, try to look for a sign that you can relate to them, maybe getting to know one of the futballers first, or their favorite soccer team, if you go to a Barrio in Guadalajara with an America shirt, may god be with you...

3. Look around for the matador, if you know there is going to be tough competition be humble, or just quiet, look for the baddes dude, the one with the moves and the style, and big dog, "el mero mero" and study him for a bit, see if how far are you from the matador.

4. Never Understimate anybody The hommies have their own style, some of them dress straight ganstas, some of them play better baredfoot, some of them are fat or skinny but they're going to be better than you for your, thats their game, they owned, street futbol its part of their life 24/7, they dont dream with going to college and becoming lawyers, they dont take cruises to the caribean or planes to Europe.

Save your best moves for last, or for the right moment get there, pass the ball, dont move too much, dont run too much, be calm, footballers are going to be analazing you since you get there: your shoes, your hair, your clothe, and even your teeth. If is your first time in the street, again BE QUIET, DONT TALK TOO MUCH, BE HUMBLE... DONT CHALLAGENGE ANYBODY EVEN IF HE UGLY AND UNATLETIC LIKE SHAQ ONEIL, you will know when is the best time to come out with the best move, and with the best you got, it may not be the first day bc you first you earn TRUST, THEN RESPECT.

5. Never tackle hard in the street you dont tackle hard bc the dude you tackly will beat the living sh.. out of you, unsless he is your friend or someone who you have impressed, other than that, not just him but also his hommies are going to give a good ass whooping for being disrespectful.

6. Go from Humble to Impressive Remember once you have their their trust, you start showing what you really got, your moves, your style, your passion, love for the game, street futbol is about playing with the "hommies" with "brothers" with the coolest and badess dudes on the street, if you have "Pedro Navaja" in front you, you dont go hard on him, you challenge a little bit, of course he is most likely to beat the f.. out of you with an amazing move and beat the rest of the team, and score a fuk.. golazo, and laugh at your face, but he has the right to do it, you're playing at his place with his hommies, so you wait till you get the chance to show him what you got.

Be back... IGG to class :cool:

2. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No wonder they look so good, if no one's tackling them hard.

No one ever got good by having an inferiority complex. The better way to get respect is to play to win all the time, no matter who the opponent is. I've played more street soccer than organized soccer in my life, and I also played college soccer. And I don't care if the guy running at me with the ball is Ronaldinho, I'm going to do everything I can to win the ball, and if that means tackling hard, that's exactly what I'm going to do. In fact, I usually make a point of looking for the best player on the other team, and putting in a hard tackle or two to make sure he knows he's going to have to work to get past me. It works.

And when attacking with the ball, get past the defender as efficiently as possible, whether that involves a pretty move or not. I'll play for the one-two, and as long as my teammates aren't too busy showing off to notice my run, I've gone from holding the ball in my own end to going 1v1 against the last defender in about five seconds. The best street players I've played with and against aren't the ones who pull "amazing" moves, they're the ones who make a simple fake or two, watch the defenders fall for it, and go straight in on goal. The guy who tries to dribble five men every time he gets the ball, and beats three or four of them with amazing moves, is just a black hole - pass him the ball, and it'll disappear 99% of the time. Once in a while, they'll actually get past that 5th guy and score a golazo, but by the time that happens, their team's had three or four goals scored on them.

Whether it's organized or street ball, the really good players recognize other good players. And the matadors usually don't, they just live in their own little world where they're the best.

3. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    Tackling hard is my favorite part

4. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    in brazil we call street soccer as "pelada" (teh meaning is a "bad grass field" but the same word is used to a nude woman)

here if you tackle someone hard, get prepared to get a broken leg in the game.
    In a pelada you dive only 1 time, in the next times you will don't need to fake anything +).

some tips:

1- Use the off-side position (we call "banheira" here).

2- every game test the keeper with shoots, its normal in street soccer the keeper be horible.

3- Use the head, literally, if you is good with head you will easily win street soccer games, the "peladeiros" don't know use the head properly.

5. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moved to the Player forum.

6. sHperacLu

sHperacLu New Member

Jan 8, 2006
    The thing is, no matter where, there isn't a player in the streets that could contain me 100%. If I can't score, I can keep him away from other players. If I can't receive the ball, he won't EITHER! If he is the best on the pitch, I let him know that I don't care, and that he still has only 2 legs!

7. Elmagico

Elmagico New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    South Central LA
    the only thing that matter iz goals cuz witoutem you cant win

8. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    #1. Good ball control. Street soccer is practically futbol cinco, or indoor soccer. Since there are less players individuality matters more; and since there is less space to maneuver you can't kick the ball a mile ahead of you and chase after it. The better you are at running full-speed with the ball stuck to your foot the better you can wreck the defense. A tight, light shoe wouldn't hurt either.

#2.Be tough. This is the street, if your not you'll get toughened up quick. Since I did Martial Arts for years(and you train your bones against hardwood and metal), unless someone kicks me with their steel studs, I could get hacked to death and not feel a thing, whoever kicks me is more likely to feel it after the game.

#3. Small pitch, you can shoot from anywhere. Accuraccy and power.

#4. The bigger you are, the better you can protect/shield the ball. Physical strength matters more as you can't slide attack.

#5. Skills. Feints and stepovers aren't the most important things but they help alot as long as they aren't overexaggerated and done really quick. If you're really good with em the only thing the defense can do is mark you to prevent you from getting the ball, and foul you to get it from you when they do, but if you're tough(#2) that won't work either. I never met a defender the Roblinho/Denislon stepover didn't work against when done lightning-quick.

Bottom line, use your head and outsmart em, and the ref too if you have to

9. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    I should get paid to do this, let me tell you that in my life I have won about 80% of the games I have played, and that includes the streets, the beach, the parks, basketball courts, tennis courts, and even la terraza of my cousins big aa house in San Salvador.

Its like that, son of a blue blood lawyer and a "golddiga" haha my mom is a beatiful latina from the barrio, my dad is "white" hispanic, i have play in state champs clubs, and the streets of ghetto barrios...

Nah you dont tackle hard in the streets unless u want to get a good aa whopped by los "truchos" which means the gang...

Street futbol its all about style, "im the best, dont touch me" kind of things, in the streets you look silly if you dont know how to move the ball, how to take people one on one, running fast and tacklin hard would make you look dumb and disrespectfull to the "homies" and unless you have your boys backin you up you, believe me, you dont want to mess with the big dogs. :p

ill come back later, this is good stuff.

10. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yeah, street football is all about KOing people through your creative skills

never go play with out a trusting knife, could be useful if an idiot scratches your legs

too bad no one wants to hustles with us here; we play $500 on the spot, bare footed at the outdoor basket ball courts...its too much for these bitches to handle it here

btw...we usually don't play with a plastic balls, a 4 inch rock would do it for us

:mad:

11. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I take people one on one. It looks more impressive to get by someone with one or two touches. It's amazing how easy it is to get by so many of the street players, they look silly trying to defend any half-decent player.

And one clue for "los truchos": the martial arts do work, they'll have to try harder if they want to lay a hand on someone who's been in a knife fight without a knife and won it.

12. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    huntin for respect huh?

interesting opinion, for the first time in here you say something that I actully read carefully.

got a lot to learn man, i can tell you that right away, i know where you come from by simply lookin at your user name, barrio soccer is wayyyy better than what you think or what you've experienced.

"El Matador," there will be different kinds of matadores, or "meros meros" or "macizos" or "the best and brighest"

Mike Tyson, Ali, Jordan, Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo... they can all be considered matadores: but they all have their own style, some of them are more flashy, some of them are more extravagants, crap talkers...

There is always matadores that would look different on the soccer field, some of things you said were true, some matadores are "perfect" in their own world... but that does not keep them away from being good on what they do. Street ball always come out with the best of the best bc of the competition, strong minds, ego... soccer is a physical game but not for dummies.

Think about Boxing. MIke Tyson always atacking and atacking "trying to win" but he coulnd defend, he did not have good foot movement, or combinations, he only had one heck of a hit and that was good enough to bring down taller boxers than him... in the other hand Ali would joke around in the ring, make fun of their contenders, great foot movements, great strategy, great show... thats the best matador, the one that would bit little by little, that would make you suffer, look stupid... that only will go 100% if you are worth it, or if you challenge him... you have to be a somebody for the matador to try to impress you or beat you... other than that he wont even know see you as a human being

Be back, and yeah street soccer is addictive.

Truchos... like my cousin (who was a true gang member would say)

"Te falta escuela a vos bicho, te falta calle, me explico federico?"
    :cool:

13. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Don't worry, next to my high school & Travel trophies are the ones from Kickboxing & Kong Fu:D . I played too many times in the street(soccer & B-ball) wit people who got embarrassed when I shook 'em, tried to fight, got their assess wupped, brought friends, got their assess wupped and came with weapons so in tha hood I bring "la glicka" which means tha posse with me.

Its all good, but gotta be tough too. Don't know much about El Salvador 'cept what I seen on TV, but go south to Honduras, Panama, Argentina or Uruguay and get your feet kicked off when you dribble 'em and embarrass their sorry ass in front of the street. You just get up, keep playing and kick 'em twice as hard when they try that shit a second time, they'll think twice before comming in again. They ain't ready 4 it

14. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Not always, where I come from they carry firearms

15. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    Guided missiles. Never play street ball without some guided missiles handy.

16. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Whats the reason for this? Every Brazilian club I played in Deerfield Beach Florida always ran the offside trap and I never could figure out why because it rarely ever worked.

17. carles_puyol5

carles_puyol5 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Each summer, besides playing football on a regular-sized pitch, I also play in an outdoor hockey rink (concrete instead of ice) with people of mostly Persian descent. There are some things I like about this kind of football and some things I hate.

I'll start with dislikes:
    -Many players are arrogant. It's impossible to talk to them normally. This is the kind of people you call assholes.
    -Many totally useless dribblers, who get the ball and try to pull tons of different feints and tricks without advancing to the goal at all. Often, under pressure, they are even forced to back up to their own goal and lose the ball somewhere there. Apparently, they never thought that passing might be a good option, too :rolleyes: .
    -Many players can't shoot. Well, their shooting ability might just be good enough to score goals from 3-4 yards but when it comes to longer efforts on goal, the ball just rolls on the ground like a pea. If you take a solid shot from far away and miss, prepare to be asked "WTF are you doing?"

Here is what I like:
    -My ball control improves significantly, especially in tight situations.
    -The same with one touch passing (obviously, only if you actually try it and not dribble all the time)
    -I am small and short but street football certainly helped me to shield the ball better and not bounce like a ping-pong after being pushed by a large person.

Anyone agree?

18. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Pretty much. Street Basketball players are probably worse arrogant, and arrogant people dribble up a storm. But in indoor you should be able to shoot better than in outdoor, if they can't dribble, pass or shoot what good are they?

Germany played alot of street ball around 30 years ago and had some of the best dribblers in the world, now all the have is Ballack.

19. Elmagico

Elmagico New Member

Sep 13, 2006
    South Central LA
    mine is all about skillz u ain't fin ta touch me cuz im too quick. romario ronaldo j

gonzalez zidane all them ballers learned skills on the street. any one of yall

wanna test 1 on 1 come down 2 south central:)

20. carles_puyol5

carles_puyol5 New Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, they aren't good, they are just trying to show off...clowns, in a way. I'm not saying, though, that all of street players are useless - God no! There's always a certain number of smart and serious footballers on the pitch, who, besides doing nices moves with the ball, don't forget to use them wisely and not to ignore the teammates.

21. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol...yeah a lot of the younger persian do too much dribbling

as they grow up, the eventually learn the correct balance of shooting and dribbling

22. FenoFutbol

FenoFutbol Red Card

Dec 12, 2005
    Aguilucho Villa
    Played international tournaments in Panama, and Honduras with las Canteras of Club Deportivo Aguila.

Have played beach tournaments agaings South Americans, D1 of course.

In street soccer, I guess the confusion is playing dirty. If you know how to play, even for tackling you got to have a tecnique, tackling hard from the "Matadores" would simply take the ball away from you or accidentally hurt you. Tackling "hard" or dirty... thats when trouble begins, you tackle someone hard and you get the same treatment next time and believe me, it will be twice or harder or dirtier than what you did. If you get mad, be ready to throw punches and fight :cool:

I was never the smallest or the biggest, of course I know how to fight, you cant be a true baller if you cant fight, but again street ball is more about the game... fighting is secondary, usually if you are good in the soccer field you are also a good fighter and the other kids are scared of you... my friends from the club used to be on tae kuan doo or some chinese crap, but my boys from the barrio would practice Boxing at INDES.

Street fights are always fun untill you see blood...

Man we can go on and on forever... we do have to discuss about SoCal and Miami... I have never been in Florida but I dont think there is better soccer in Miami than in Los Angeles.

I went from an Amateur League to the Central American Primera and now practicing in SemiPro, this is in 3 month since I moved back to LA... Soccer in California is so far the best soccer I've experienced in the US... we'll keep talking about our different opinions...

Take it easy.

23. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yes, there is such a thing as a hard but fair tackle.

24. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    I don't play dirty unless its necesary(if the other team gets dirty) cause it spoils the fun, but there is a diference, like el ninho said, between dirty and tough, England and Australia are examples of teams that are very rough but mostly clean.

I was in LA more than a year ago playing with a team called Durango, and supposedly was one of the strongest semi-pro teams in the area, mainly Mexicans, one really good Salvadorian winger and a white college goalkeeper who had been capped once or twice for a US youth team. One kid told me they played the Chivas in a warmup game and lost 4-3 and that the Chivas had picked up his cousin and another player. They had good skills but for me were too slow, the Argentines in Miami and Carribean teams in Ft. Lauderdale I played with had the same skills but were as fast a pros, at least 6' tall and lifted wieghts.

Anyway we played the US under-23s in a friendly and it was a joke, they looked like an NFL team but couldn't string more than 2 passes together and almost every shot they took went 10 feet over the goal(you can't make a rec team in Central America if you can't shoot). Still we ended up losing cause too many of our players were outta shape, drank or smoked too much weed, and were too skinny; my old team in Ft. Lauderdale that had two players that played for Haiti's u-17 national teams, one for Jamaicas, and Tyrone Marshall's(who played for the Fusion and Jamaica) brother would have spanked them.

I think the players' skill is about the same(the Latin/Middle Eastern/Asian players at least, the anglo teams didn't seem to have much ball control, just size and defense), I don't know about the teams because I wasn't in Cali long enough, but someone here said that MLS players play in the Latin leagues in the offseason(in Florida there is no offseason they train year-around) and pull all kinds of moves off, I can't see that ever happening in Florida, the Fusions coach told their players to stay away from the Copa Latina and semi-pro leagues because they'd get their legs broken. There are probably better anglo players in Cali than I saw though, they probably were in College or that project 40 shit.

Cali's fields looked much better though. And I must say they fight alot more(too much) in South Florida. I'll write more tomorrow...

25. dasoccerplayafosho

Jun 30, 2003
    Utah USA
    just curious, what made you the master of all things street, and made us your class?