Timothy Tillman at Greuther Fürth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Has anybody honestly seen this kid play?

kruck repped this.
  2. KickballWizard

Jun 11, 2013
    I saw him play as a second half sub at Soldier Field during the pre-season tour over the summer. He didn't have time to do much and was playing with and against a lot of subs but he showed some skill.

In fact, this was the game that Green looked terrible in so I walked away feeling much better about the little that I saw from Tillman.

That said, it was pre-season and it was a brief sub appearance.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  3. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    In preseason, he was ight.

BGSUSoccerFan423 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    It calls of desperation, it sends the wrong signal to other professionals in our system, you lose credibility as an organization, it creates chaos where decisions are no longer based on thorough and measured process but of knee jerk emotion.
    We have 2 kids at Barcelona, let's call them up to the Gold Cup.

5. RidiculousLichaj

May 18, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if this has been brought up... I think having some of our top prospects playing in Germany (Wright, mcKennie, Taitague, Gaines, etc) could help with the recruitment of Tillman, no? It certainly gives more credibility to the state of The US program. It's also possible/probable that these young Americans talk to each other, and that could include Tillman.

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not forget his little brother has already come into camp with the US.

7. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    The game against Inter I felt like he never touched the ball. Maybe I missed something. I just feel like with these kids, the whole undedicated dual-national resentment stems from the fact that Jürgen recruited them desperately before they're ready. It's not fair to them, and it sells our national team program short and undermines the kids who really want to play for us, whether they're born in Peoria, Ill or Mannheim.

I'd like a few more cases where if we're not the kids first option we say, Fine, No Worries and lay hands off. Mexico kids too. Efrain Alvarez wants to wear green? Cool, good luck, hope you kill it.

8. RidiculousLichaj

May 18, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think perhaps an exception can be made when the player is widely considered one of the best prospects in the world at his age. Keep in mind he's 18, not 15. He's an adult. There's a good chance he'd be pushing for first team minutes at any team but Bayern. And yes, I know these are the same things that were said about Green. But I don't think anyone regrets having him locked down at this point. Still a lot of potential there.

9. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Julian Green 'was' pushing for minutes AT Bayern. They're all the best prospects in the world at their age..until they're not.

10. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yeah except at 18 he's getting an offer from RM and BM said no. No offense to Green and I'm glad he's in our system, he never had that kind of cache.

The point is if Hyndman, Payne, CCV, Arriola, Johanssen, Gooch, Wright, Perez, etc are going to get minutes and be featured at the Gold Cup then adding Tillman as the 23rd guy fits with that group. Our talent pool isn't so deep that we should wait for one of the best prospects in his age group because it might offend someone.

All things equal he's never going to choose us over Germany so we have to offer him something they won't. Playing time with the MNT sooner rather than later.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  11. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Predatory cap-tying is a hedge against him being good enough for Germany, otherwise they drop him and he picks us. Then if he becomes good enough for Germany I'm sure he'll be super pumped he gave up the chance to win a WC for a B-team Gold Cup at 18. But of course then those mercenary concerns won't come into play, or at least won't be talked about until there is a crisis. I guess we can throw away a GC roster spot and some minutes but if I'm him and I'm not already committed that's below my asking price, maybe he's a cheap date.

Rossi didn't want to play for us, Zelalem did. We were Subotic's 4th choice but Brooks committed before he broke out. If Tim wants to play for us and is good enough he is going to get calls over the next couple of years. I would give him the chance to train and earn minutes in camp but there's a big gap between German full national and where Tim is now.

12. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    This is Julian Green Part 2. Julian Green's career took a big nose-dive the moment the US vs Germany international choice 800-pound back pack was put on him. He choose the US, scored in a world cup, was given a personal bus by Bayern Munich while here in the US, and began to sink thereafter. It was Green's natural talent and fierce determination to be great that has propelled his career back on track. But, his early hype and marketing push did him no favors. Tillman's agent saying tillman is open to talking to Bruce Arena, is just absurd until he plays a first team game or he attends a youth US camp. And lets be clear I'm the biggest German-American and Julian Green fan out there. To this day, my personal opinion is a 100% that Green scored an outrageous skill-full one-time volley as Bradley's ball started to factually dip inwards to him and green had to adjust after making a super-intellectual off the ball run in a WC R16 game- but, do we really want to see Tillman go through he same thing? Seems like his agent is pushing for a 2018 World Cup spot to me.

I would offer Tillman a chance at the U-20 World Cup with a camp invitation in the next few months and see if he commits, its that simple for me.

13. DeAndresHaircut

DeAndresHaircut Member+

Jul 24, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think people are overreacting a bit. I don't think it's that absurd that he has a conversation with Arena. They didn't imply that he needed to be called up, but maybe just a foot in the door with him is all they want. I don't think there's anything wrong with BA just calling to get in touch with him.....calling him to the senior team however is far down the road though especially at this time.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  15. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scored as the U19s won a trophy:

The U19 of FC Bayern is South German Champion! The FCB teamed up with SpVgg Greuther Fürth on Saturday with 5-0 (2-0). At the same time, 1. FC Kaiserslautern, 1. FC Kaiserslautern, had a 3: 5 lead at Eintracht Frankfurt. A day ahead of the end of the season in the A-Junior Bundesliga South / Südwest, Bavaria's advantage is second to six. This is the reason why the Munich side have been able to cheer for the first time ever since the season 2012/2013 and are qualified for the final round of the German Championship.

Yousef Emghames (20) and Manuel Wintzheimer (43) made the 2: 0 break for the Bavarians. In minute 58, Maxime Awoudja was able to increase his head by 3-0. As a result Timothy Tillman (70th) and Wintzheimer scored again (75th) with a penalty (75th).

(in German) https://fcbayern.com/de/news/spielb...h-u19-fcb-u19-290417?shortURL=U19Fuerth290417

Hoffmann - Stingl (89.Kollmann), Awoudja, Isherwood, Türkkalesi (75th Meier) - Emghames, Fein (84th Shabani), Tarnat, Tillman - Crnicki, Wintzheimer (79th Hadzic)

Goals: 0: 1 Emghames (20.), 0: 2 Wintzheimer (43./Foulelfmeter), 3: 0 Awoudja (58.), 4: 0 Tillman (70.), 5: 0 Wintzheimer (75./Foulelfmeter)

16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  17. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
  18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #168 BostonRed, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    Scored twice in a 3-1 win:

Timothy Tillman put the FCB in front 14 minutes into the lead, and Benjamin Hadzic increased the lead to 2: 0. With the break whistle Sandrino Reinas shortened to 2: 1 by Foulelfmeter. Seven minutes to go, Tillman hit the sack with his second goal. On Thursday, May 25, the final tournament will win the BFV Cup in Neumarkt. In addition to the two semi-finalists of the federal league special, the four regional champions take part.

FCB U19: Hoffmann - Stingl (82 Kollmann) idol Awoudja, Friedl (22 Meier) - Shabani, Tarnat - Hadzic, fine (73 Türkkalesi) Tillman - Crnicki (77. Lange)

Goals: 1: 0 Tillman (14), 2: 0 Hadzic (44), 2: 1 Reingans (45./Foulelfmeter), 3: 1 Tillman (83rd)

(in German) https://fcbayern.com/de/news/2017/05/spielbericht-fcb-u19-fcn-u19-pokal-020517?shortURL=U19FCN020517

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    Tillman just scored on a wicked counter attack. 1-1.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tillman scored to make the game 1-1.

24. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and he scores. Commentator said he also in the middle of his Abitur final exams to finish German high school/Gymnasium.
    Said he also been noticed by Barcelona, Madrid, both Manchester clubs but Bayern says he is not going anywhere

25. LandonDonovan2018

Dec 29, 2016
    ummmmmm it's 3-1 now in two minutes. Aggregate currently stands at 4-3 Schalke.