Timothy Tillman at Greuther Fürth

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Apr 29, 2014.

1. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay everybody, pump the brakes a bit.

1. Let's remember that YA has to do with club--not national--team.
    2. Please refrain from personal attacks.
    3. In the confines of this forum, I'm about as internet tough as it gets, so I'll be deleting the following posts and--if the hostilities continue--instituting thread bans (or worse...I told you I was tough).

2. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't mind if I do

bungadiri and Winoman repped this.
  3. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Fair enough tough guy :cool:

LOL I was around when FA was patrolling these boards, and you sir are no FA!! Now dat sumbeetch was tougher than shoe leather.

I know I stepped over the line, but I am sick and tired of reading all that ignorant xenophobic alexi lalas/abby wambach toxic BS about who is and who isn't an American.

Hell as a BvB fan I have a bigger problem with the guy being on Munchkin than being a dual national. :rolleyes:

beerslinger23 and bungadiri repped this.
  4. STR1

STR1 Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe you need comprehend before calling people names, acting all macho man and find out what xenophobic means. Whoever said I was afraid of foreigners? I wouldn't leave my house if I were so afraid. Zhit, I'll be terrified everytime I saw my wife if that were the case!

No one is questioning the kids citizenship. He is American because of his father; Jus Sanguinis. As per Immigration law he is an American by blood, not by birth, but American nonetheless. It doesn't make you less American in the eyes of the law. I know, because that's what I do for a living.

He was born in Germany, raised in Germany and lives in Germany. Was already called up by both the US and Germany and chose Germany.

Sport wise, as I can see, he doesn't feel American. Not that he is not American, by law he is, as I already explained above. He will more likely chose the US if his chances with Germany greatly diminish. After all, he does have that second option handy incase he wants to be seen at an International level. Do I agree? No, but it's my opinion. Will I root for the guy if he plays with us and scores or plays good? Yes, I want us to be successful. And I might even forget that he chose us because he couldn't cut it for Germany but that doesn't take away that I don't agree with what I said about not feeling American enough.

We see this a lot with Mexican American players, not all but many. They don't feel American even though they were born here, raised and live here. They feel Mexican and identify as such. Are they American? Yes. Sport wise it all comes down to the love and passion for a country, whichever that might be. I am alright with the ones that do it because of it not because they have no other choice.

And to the Moderator, I am all good. Nothing wrong in my part with a difference of opinion.

5. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Starts today Vs FC Unterföhring in Regionalliga (Bayern)

Winoman repped this.
  6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC_Dave repped this.
  8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  9. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn't usually play for the U19s, so it may be he is just a bonus addition to the squad (though maybe 1/2 the starters look like they came from BM II).

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back with the U19s for a cup match where he played the 1st half in a 3-2 loss:

Statistics:
    1. FC Kaiserslautern U19: Grill - Klein, Altintas, Hotopp, Botiseriu - Hero (78. Majchrzak), Will, Schätzle, Goetzutok - Müsel (46. Bakhat), Kersthold
    Bayern Munich U19: Wagner - Rausch, May, Nitzl, Köhn (71st Evina) - Shabani, Jelisic (57th Zaiser), Pudic (64th) - Tillman (46th Wintzheimer), Zylla, Batista Meier

Goals: 0: 1 Batista Meier (14th, FE), 1: 1 Gözütok (54), 2: 1 Kersthold (59.), 2: 2 Wintzheimer (78.), 3: 2 Majchrzak (85.)

http://fck.de/de/pokal-erfolg-u19-schlaegt-die-bayern/ (in German)

12. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the article:

Though he has played for German youth teams, it is believed that Tillman has yet to represent Germany in an official competition, which means he would not yet need to file a change of association with FIFA in order to play for the United States.

Except he has played 2 matches for the German U19s in UEFA competition. Sounds like a provisional cap-tie to me:

http://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/players/player=250092690/profile/index.html

sakibomb523, ChuckMe92, Winoman and 3 others repped this.
  14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    One would think.

UEFA's U19s for '99s and younger have a tournament this summer in Finland. (Aah, Finland...) The matches you reference got Germany in. It's also Europe's qualifier for the next FIFA U20s.

Unless he really wants to switch, or he's being offered something more than YNT callups, or he's been told it's over with Germany, I'd be mildly surprised if he switched before that tournament.

But who knows? His younger brother Malik was at the recent YNT summit. It's hard to know what's a tea leaf and what's just a leaf these days...

ChuckMe92 and Winoman repped this.
  15. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @BostonRed, it looks like they updated the article, maybe thanks to you. This is how the sentences now read in the piece:

Tillman most recently played for Germany in U-19 Euro qualifying in October, making appearances against Belarus and Poland. Due to those appearances, Twillman would have to file a change of association with FIFA in order to play for the U.S. in any match. A change of association would tie him to the U.S. permanently.

16. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  17. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany aren't even in yet, Ramos wants to call him up to March camp, that's the same month as the 2018 U19 ECQ Elite Round, where you play 3 matches in a GS and only the group winners advance to the U19 EC in Finland. He can't do both, so we'll know his decision in less than 2 months. Don't see how he goes to a US camp and then expect for it to make sense to continue for Germany. So if he goes to the US camp than a 1 time switch seems highly likely.

from the goal piece he's been offered US U20s nor does he deserve more as he's only a 4th division, unless the US wants to permanently get him and do a Green.

ChuckMe92, TheFalseNine and DC_Dave repped this.
  19. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird timing.

Anyway, another dual-nat who doesn't actually play. Whoop-de-doo.

Hope he turns out, though, of course.

20. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Totally missed that about the Elite Round. Thanks for the correction.

21. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Doesn't actually play? Huh?

22. Starman*

Starman* Member

United States
    Mar 28, 2017
    I guess he means for the first team. It would be HUGE to actually be playing for Bayern effing' Munich though.

chad repped this.
  23. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from the espn article, and from his agent for what that's worth...

Last year, Bayern president Uli Hoeness personally vetoed Tillman's potential move to Barcelona, his agent told Sport Bild.

24. beerslinger23

beerslinger23 Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Well he could go to MLS and get a starting job but who would that serve?

25. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Realistically, he’d go to MLS and then his team would sign a 26 year old Peruvian to play instead of him and he’d play in the DA and USL for the next 5 years until he left on a free and ended up playing in Belgium’s third division