Time to Fire Cassar

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Duiz, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you want the BigSoccer answer or my actual opinion. Response will vary.

2. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. TBD but however long it is the backup plan is also in the works. The way things unfolded this year there's a lot more blame to go around than just to say that replacing Jeff is the way to fix things. Is Jeff the ideal guy to be leading the team? Probably not. Is he really good at selling himself to DLH -- absolutely. Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out in the next few days.
    2. No. He has options (multiple) to stay here. Just have to hope that he wakes up a little bit. What I mean by that is that he's lost a step and hasn't realized it. It has to be difficult for a player when they are in the twilight of their career and their incapable of playing at the level they once could. Flat out he's not worth 600k a year, he just needs to realize it.

RoyalNonesuch, RSLer, Lizzie Bee and 4 others repped this.
  3. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Of course we don't know the terms of the previous contract, but if RSL is asking him to renegotiate the multi-year deal he signed last year, I'd think I would be pissed too. Again, I don't know if that's the case.

4. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not entirely the case, but yes he has a right to be angry. Hopefully he'll see the other side of it and fulfill my dream of never ever leaving RSL.

Ismitje repped this.
  5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Javi's announcement that was basically saying he and his family were saying good bye not to just RSL, its fans or his teammates, he was saying goodbye to Utah. He's gone. :(

6. bordelais7

bordelais7 Member

May 13, 2003
    Centreville, VA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Curious what your connection is. My source saying he absolutely realizes it, is willing to take a cut, want(ed) to do one more year and retire in SLC...

Two sides to every story, I suppose ...

7. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now, um, can we get the BigSoccer answer? Your opinion was way too level headed to pass the litmus test around here. ;)

SALTLAKEJAKE, Ismitje and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Jeff selling himself well to DLH, if level headed, is a bit scary. The results on the field are really all that count. However, I agree that the problems are bigger than just Jeff.

9. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is why it was stupid of us to give him the contract length we did. I can't fault Javi for wanting to see out his contract, but it's 100% the fault of the FO for giving it to him in the first place.

RSLer and The Franchise repped this.
  10. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe don't make statements like this if you don't understand the terms of the contract. MLS contracts are intricate and very odd. Unfortunately, that is all I can say here but trust that it's more convoluted than just what you've said.

SenordrummeR2 and RSLer repped this.
  11. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How it is not the fault of the FO for giving him the contract? Whether MLS contracts are messy or not, one was still given to Javi for a length that should've been shorter. Seems like a no-brainer to not give a long contract to an aging player.

12. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS contracts have mechanisms in them that either lengthen or shorten the deal. To say "long term contract" or "multi-year" is a misnomer. Javi's was a structured deal that had some of these mechanisms. It was actually a very good, smart contract for both sides. There were definitely issues, but the contract was not one of them.

SenordrummeR2, RSLer, Ismitje and 2 others repped this.
  13. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  14. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least it is only for one season... How many game should I give him??? I think 3.

15. pate

pate Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    Provo, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. mstudebaker

mstudebaker New Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Wow, I wish I could lead a non performing group of professionals and get rewarded for having my organization tank under my leadership.

15 to 32, TheBiff and The Franchise repped this.
  17. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cassuckitude continues. Wonder if any other players are going to be requesting a trade?

18. JLaw

JLaw Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Happy Valley
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure am glad I won't be tempted to go back to season tickets. Now I can use that money for something more fun...like a root canal.

20. JZK316

JZK316 Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Land of Leprechauns
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can offer you a kick to the balls if you like. It is about as much fun.

15 to 32, acima and The Franchise repped this.
  21. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oorrrrr, in my case, more camera equipment! Let's see, $450 for my season ticket and god knows how much saved by not drinking $9.25 beers, should be enough to cover at least a new lens.

RSLer repped this.
  22. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The comments on that Instagram page are brutal.

RSLSoapBox has a piece on Javi's press conference.

The Javi News (he was waived with no warning/conversation) coupled with those comments on the Instagram (Burrito, Olmes, Stertzer, Olave and others waived) shows a pretty big house-cleaning...and a pretty insensitive one from first glance.

But Dumbass-Loy and Cassar are still in charge. Jeebus.

I'm sad at the state of RSL, but not sad that I did not renew my tickets, despite repeated "extensions" of the renewal deadline (the latest of which occurred today). I feel for the people trying to run that racket. My friend who had a suite canceled it. I suspect hundreds are voting with the exit aisles, maybe more.

This is officially a dumpster fire. You don't waive Javi summarily without talking to him. You don't do that.

pcny, acima, El-ahrairah and 1 other person repped this.
  24. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh, not a problem for me anymore, I didn't renew thank god. Apathy is the sign of a dying fanbase, there's gonna be a whole ******** load of apathetic fans next year, I fully expect a huge drop in attendance.

25. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is our Rapids-esque master plan: they kept Pablo when all indications were doing so was nuts, and almost won the shield after going out and getting some real talent. Maybe we'll do that.