Timbers 2 Thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by msilverstein47, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    He worked with the Timbers youth academy. I don't think he is as good but he won't be bad. MLS Superdraft is next week and Timbers pick will go into the T2 squad which should help.

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    United States
  3. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    http://www.timbers.com/post/2016/01/26/t2-announce-schedule-2016-usl-season

2 "Out of market games". As a season ticket holder this annoy's me as it may mean I wont make it to the games (Depending on where exactly they are played). 2 games in Providence Park which is ok but I prefer a snug Merlo field than a mostly empty PP. I really home the offer cheap beer and push those games and get more than 5k in the stadium. But live football is getting close.

4. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    Timbers 2 looking at holding one of their "out of market games" in Boise Idaho.

USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    United States
    #30 msilverstein47, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    ok I'll bite...so why exactly would you do that???

ah I think that I found my answer:

Portland Timbers, Thorns FC form partnership with Idaho Youth Soccer Association
    May 14, 2015

6. Owen Thornhill

Dec 22, 2012
    Club:
    Cork City
    And its in the Timber's "development territory" and hoping to develop a closer relationship. As a T2 season ticket holder, I'm sort of worried that they might move the USL team too Boise if crowds are good/better there. The U23 currently play outside Providence and Merlo field so sort of "out of market" Vancouver, Salem for example

7. USFootiefan1980

Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    United States
    I don't think there's much to worry about, the whole point of the "2" teams is to keep these guys close so they can learn and practice the same thing as the first team, so if/when they crack the 1st team it's a smoother transition.

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    United States
    http://www.uslpdl.com/news_article/show/753421?referrer_id=2242498

TAMPA, Fla. – A partner of the Portland Timbers since 2013, the Capital Fútbol Club Timbers have announced a stronger affiliation with the MLS club’s PDL franchise ahead of the 2017 season. The Capital FC Timbers will handle the day-to-day operations of the PDL team, which will still compete as the Portland Timbers U23, while the MLS club will provide resources and assist with player recruitment and selection.