News: Tim Robbie to be named Strikers president

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. fusionmansteve

fusionmansteve New Member

Jun 9, 2000
    Waiting in Lockhart parking lot.....
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Wow!

This is wild news...no reason to think it's NOT a good thing.

Now if we could only get Eddie Rodgers out to reprise his role as team trainer...

3. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Awesome news. It really makes for a good fresh start. And he has connections to South Florida soccer, primarily Weston FC which should come in handy. Also, since he isn't the President of Traffic, he might be more concerned with the interests of the Strikers rather than those of Traffic.

4. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blast from the past...

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remarkable move. Connects this team to the past with a strong local connection - his daddy, after all, introduced pro sports to South Florida. He also gives the Strikers a full time CEO that can dedicate that time strictly to the Strikers and, if memory serves, he is very much in a position he's held before with some success.

This seems to indicate that Traffic is definitely serious about their South Florida Adventure. It's only taken them 5 years to show it. Or to do it. Either way, we'll benefit from it now. It looks win-win all around.

OUTSTANDING!!! Hopefully it turns out to be brilliant...;)

ETA: EMail sent to Strikers with congrats & best wishes to both Tim Robbie & Aaron Davidson right after this post was 1st made. GO STRIKERS!!!!

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Any news on a possible Ray Hudson involvement ?

7. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    None I've heard.

8. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not expect any proper involvement from Ray unless the team moves up to MLS some day. The games are only broadcast online so no need for a commentator as glorious as Hudson, and they have a coach already, plus I doubt Ray would leave his post at GolTV for a D2 team.

9. chichi

chichi Member

May 21, 1999
    Miami Fl
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is great news, mostly becasue it puts someone in charge of the franchise that actually knows how to run a sports franchise in this country. In addition to being GM of the NASL franchise, I believe he was also GM when they moved to Minnesota and indoors. Also, I'm guessing that he's had some experience working for the Dolphins. This should help the team off the field alot. Imagine him going on a sales call with an account rep to sell sponsorship. This will open a bunch of doors for the team.

11. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will it be possible that the strikers would get a sponsor with an actual company instead of the lame website on the shirts?? i think it would be cool if they get a South Florida based sponsor deal...........

First thing is first for Tim robbie and the strikers NO MORE JOMA for the Kits, lets move up!! Nike, Puma, NO ADIDAS LOL.. Diadora, Lotto, cmon tim robbie, He should have a system like seattle has which is for the fans on how the team should be run...

12. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There probably won't be a sponsor on the front of the jerseys this year, and maybe ever as long as they are the Strikers. It'll say Strikers across the front just like the old jerseys did. Perhaps if they ever move up to MLS a shirt sponsorship deal would be more lucrative and they would do it, but tradition dictates that they leave Strikers on the front, at least to start. I expect to see sponsors on the sleeves, maybe on the back below the number.

The shirts are going to be Joma. That's pretty much a lock. I'd like to see adidas since they made the original Strikers shirts. And if they used the retro adidas leaf logo? That would be sweeeeet. Not gonna happen though, unless they move up to MLS of course :D

13. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. RalphsMom

RalphsMom Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such a great move by the strikers, now we finally have someone that can focus on just us instead of having to juggle the league and a team at the same time. Wonderful news.