Tim Ream rumors (PSV, others)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
  2. Pandy Flapjack

Pandy Flapjack The Pompitous of Love

Aug 30, 2003
    Van by the River
  3. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome. Good luck and God speed.

4. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    here comes the over-analysis of a 5-yard pass to a teammate in open space....

5. soonertony

soonertony Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's just hope he has a backheel like Clint Dempsey on his debut... should be good for 4 or 5 pages of comments.

6. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. Hope it works out well for him. Would be a big boost to USMNT.

7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I'm looking forward to watching Ream work the ball out of the back, no matter what the risk - should be great fun!

8. pastor

pastor Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I have a hunch a great deal of credit goes to JK.

9. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent news for Tim and USMNT. Good lucky to the dude. I was impressed with his performance in Bolton's fitness tests... "Faster than anyone at Bolton in past few years including Sturridge." His form dipped a bit last season but I think we can write that off due to sophomore slump and Marquez's poison. I have no doubt he will continue to develop and improve, and Bolton will give him a great opportunity to do so.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting the work permit or making the move?

11. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Using his Tottenham connections, perhaps?

12. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or a lot of hard work and sacrifice on the part of Ream to put himself in that position. Good luck Tim.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only place where Klinsmann might have had a role in this transfer is in telling Ream that it'd be good for his national team prospects to move to a higher level of competition. Ream then goes to New York and pulls the parachute on his time there.

The idea that Kilnsmann has some kind of influence on UK Immigration or Owen Coyle is frankly kind of silly.

14. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Except that he does. Recommendations from people in the know like national team coaches are taken into consideration by by the Appeals Board that in turn makes its recommendation to UK Immigration.

15. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really rate Ream as an EPL quality CB at this point in time, obviously he's young so he has time to improve but I hope they decide to loan him to a Championship side or another overseas league.

16. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    I read that coyle spoke to Klinsman and that klinsman spoke highly of ream.

17. Kool Herc

Kool Herc Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, agree, Jurgen's opinion would no doubt hold a lot of weight with the appeals committee.

18. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could be wrong, but I don't think he can register with another team until the summer. Fifa has a rule limiting a player to two clubs during the European season. If he transfered in the summer it would have been different.

Anyways, I feel he should get a chance to prove himself with Bolton. Bolton isn't going bring in a player like Ream as a project. Everybody should sit back and watch this guy try. I have a feeling we are going to be happy with what we see from him.

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure they did take it into consideration.

I sure the Klinsmann did speak highly of him, since he is a good player. I have no doubt that Hans Backe probably spoke highly of him, or that Bob Bradley would have.

However....

I interpret "great deal of credit," to me more than just a factor in the decision. I interpret that as being more like the main factor. Maybe I interpreted wrong, but I reiterate that I find the idea that Klinsmann was the main factor in Ream moving to Bolton or getting the work permit, silly.

My post probably used the poor choice of words here...

It would probably have read has "a major influence." SO I can understand why one would disagree with that.

20. jukeboxromeo

jukeboxromeo Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    I very much doubt that'll happen, judging by the high transfer fee.

21. Frankball

Frankball Member+

Sep 11, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The transfer drama is nearly over.

Tim Ream Granted Work Permit, Close To Signing On Dotted Line [January 23, 2012 @ 11:15PM BST (6:15PM EST)]

http://www.lionofviennasuite.com/201...on-dotted-line

Bolton close to signing American international Tim Ream [January 23, 2012 @ 11:19PM BST (6:19PM EST)]
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16694307.stm

Tim Ream Reportedly Granted Work Permit, Can Join Bolton [January 23, 2012 @ 3:58PM EST]
    http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2012/1/23/2728125/tim-ream-work-permit-bolton

22. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck to him, this is a great opportunity. Is there any chance he could be available for the FA Cup game against Swansea on Saturday? If not, his first chance could be against his old teammate Henry and Arsenal on the 1st.

23. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ream struggles with consistency and focus right? Well throw him into the fire in a league that will eat someone up with a slight mistake and we will find out whats between his ears. I personally think he will do well as he has a lot to play for and should be much easier to focus when the Rooneys, RVP's, and Agueros are coming his way.

24. jukeboxromeo

jukeboxromeo Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Provided all the paperwork's done by then, yeah. There's certainly more chance of him starting that than the Arsenal game next week.