Earning his stripes: Timothy Weah at Juventus

Dieses Thema im Forum 'Yanks Abroad' wurde von Dave Marino-Nachison gestartet, 8 August 2014.

?

What should we name the thread?

Diese Umfrage wurde geschlossen: 6 Juli 2019
  1. Where there’s a Lille, there’s a Weah! Tim at LOSC

71 Stimme(n)
    56,8%
  2. Say hello to my Lille friend! Tim Weah at LOSC

54 Stimme(n)
    43,2%
  1. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    10 September 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh! I'm kinda surprised BR would jump ship. But i totally get the lure of the EPL. It's going to be a big loss for Celtic. BR breathed some much needed life into a stale Celtic club. Yes, they were winning titles but the style and players were just bland. Neil Lennon, who left Hibs in a huff a few weeks ago, is reportedly going to take over until the end of the season. I don't know how i feel about that. He was part of the staleness of which Celtic became. Granted, all he has to do is keep the ship upright and not f*** up and the title is won. How this all effects Timo, I have no idea. I don't think he'd be thrown to the wolves and cast off based upon his play. We shall see........

wixson7, Eighteen Alpha und Winoman gefällt dies.
  2. Centennial

Centennial Member+

4 April 2003
    Centennial
    Lol

Shows how much I really care

[emoji41]

LouisianaViking07/09 gefällt dies.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

16 Juli 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Toronto didn't play in Panama. They just got slaughtered there.

Frankly if Weah doesn't play in Scotland, this becomes a waste of a crucial time for the guy who looks like our best striker prospect. Strikers mature early, from 18 to 21 is when they get eyes from the big clubs on them.

Woodrow und LouisianaViking07/09 gefällt dies.
  4. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

1 August 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I don't think Lennon taking over should affect Tim that much. If he's good enough to get a contract extension at PSG, even if every contracted forward is fit he's surely good enough to be a viable option for Lennon, if only as a rotator against the bottom-feeders. With his personality he's "Man Least Likely" to get into beefs with the coach, so he should be fine.

As for Rodgers, even at the the start of the season there was abundant speculation that this would be his last year at Celtic, and some were even suggesting that if he hadn't taken Celtic as far as they could be taken, he'd taken them as far as he could take them and should be moved on.

I don't follow Celtic enough to know if that's fair, but sometimes both the coach and the club realize that things have come full cycle and it's best to go out on a high note. In any case, the chance to take an EPL club that has the financial resources and enough good players to get back back to Europe (that'd be the ambition I suspect) would be simply irresistable for any coach. He had to take it and he did.

5. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

30 November 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Now if the coach was named Will it would most definitely happen. Because we all know.... Where there is a Will there is a Weah.

6. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

2 September 2013
    Plays Motherwell today at 245 eastern. I think he is probably up for a start but we’ll see

7. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

12 Mai 2009
    boulder
    on the bench.

8. madvillain

madvillain Member+

28 August 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    blast.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

20 April 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back when Skip Bayless was in Dallas writing for newspapers the first all day sports station started and he was one of the initial hosts. He had so many bad zingers like the one above that after he left anytime another host did a "Skip shot" a blaring buzzer from the end of a basketball game would go off. I'm pretending to hear that buzzer after reading this and the other that followed later. Well done.

UniversalAdvice und Scotty gefällt dies.
  10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

16 Juli 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    10-man Hearts scored early in the second through a PK to tie it 1-1.

Weah still on the bench.

11. madvillain

madvillain Member+

28 August 2011
    Club:
    Brooklyn Knights
    #2611 madvillain, 27 Februar 2019
    Last edited: 27 Februar 2019
    Tim coming on in the 79th. Sloppy touch for his 1st and he fouls on the giveaway.

Celtic got nothing really going towards the box, stuck out wide and Timo shoots from about 30 yards, no luck. Not a bad effort but not that close to scoring either. Sailed well over the bar.

Gets his head on a dangerous ball in a from a free kick but can't get any power on it and it's cleaned up by the keeper.

4 minutes stoppage announced to groans from the home side. Celtic score but it's the other fuzzy black guy! Darn.

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

16 Juli 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Edouard scores the winner on the death, 1-2.

13. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    28 August 2017
    Not helping his chances of getting on the field more often.

Wonder if the new coach will try to re-evaluate who should be playing.

14. eliwood

eliwood Member+

25 Juli 2016
    Bench

Glad this is only 6 months

wixson7 und LouisianaViking07/09 gefällt dies.
  15. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    5 August 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey @m vann, make some calls to your Bhoys, this is mularkey.

LouisianaViking07/09 und Winoman gefällt dies.
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

9 Oktober 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    10 September 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ha! Wish I had that pull because I sure would make that call! But.....I told y’all it won’t be easy to get games. We got spoiled right off the bat but he was playing so much due to injuries. I will say.....not a big Lennon fan. Far from it. Ugh!

18. Centennial

Centennial Member+

4 April 2003
    Centennial
    What the deal with Weah???

I thought the whole idea of a loan was to get playing time. He would have been better suited to have stayed with PSG where he could have been used recently with their injury issues.
    Pulisic and now Weah rotting on the bench.

[emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

LouisianaViking07/09 und comoesa gefällt dies.
  19. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

8 Dezember 2003
    If you talk to them, you can throw in that at least one of us is considering canceling our CelticTV subscription.

I dont see why so many people are over reacting. He already has gotten a bunch out of this loan. He is now getting to deal with a new coach coming in and spending time on the bench. The kid needs to put his head down, force the coach to give him a chance and then make the most of opportunity.

ebbro, The Irish Rover und wixson7 gefällt dies.
  20. kruck

kruck Member+

12 Januar 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    This loan is turning pear shaped. TBF the loan had started turning pear shaped before Rodgers left.

21. LouisianaViking07/09

15 August 2009
    I hate to say......

at the least he should have a winner's medal come May

22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

16 Juli 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Timo has scored two league goals for them in only seven appearances. Even if he doesn't get time to score again, he should wear that medal with pride.

23. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

1 August 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #2623 The Irish Rover, 3 März 2019
    Last edited: 3 März 2019
    Football's the deal. Injury issues sometimes mean a player gets more PT but sometimes he just gets to ride the pine a bit more.

If Tim had stayed, there's no guarantee he'd be getting actual PT right now and if PSG's injuries hadn't happened we'd all be bitching about how he's rotting away in the French 4th division - which is more like the Oberliga than the RL in standard.

In any case, a loan isn't about getting minimum amounts of PT, only about getting a better shot at it. Let's wait and see how the rest of the season plays out before deciding.

Centennial, ebbro und wixson7 gefällt dies.
  24. UniversalAdvice

18 April 2018
    My question is why he repeatedly turned down Strasbourg... could at least have been doing the same thing in a better league while staying in the same country.

25. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

26 Juli 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strasbourg is definitely punching above their weight, and using several loan players in the process. I'm not sure if their loanees are there with an option to buy, or not.

UniversalAdvice gefällt dies.

Die Seite empfehlen