Tigres vs. Cruz Azul [R]

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by Monkeyboy2000, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow.

That was the worst Cruz Azul I've seen in quite a while.

Not that they have been playing incredibly well this year, but after the debacle that was the Galindo period, I was seeing plenty of improvement. That went down the toilet seat in 90 minutes. If they had played like that 11 v. 11, it would still have been very disappointing, but to have a two man advantage and not generate any offense, is deplorable. Not one dangerous play. Not one.

It was almost as if the added pressure of being down in the scoreboard while having a player advantage was too much for the team. Are we really that bad without Torrado out there ? There was no leadership. I don't know if Villa is much of a leader with the rest of the team, but somebody should have been out there to lead the way.

Lozano, Lugo, Pinto, Hernandez, etc. None could provide a spark of offense. There were, however, plenty of errant passes and needless shots to nowhere. Vela and Nunez were equally as useless.

This is the kind of game where you see if a team can remain calm in a situation which they should be able to resolve. This does not bode well for any Liguilla games. I still think we can make it to the Liguilla but I don't see us going further than the first round playing like that. Meza has a lot to think about. It's frustrating to think that not one of the creative players stepped up.

I was expecting horrible defending from Huiqui and Brown, but I was not expecting the attack to be as feeble as that.

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    It was a pathetic display all the way around.