Tickets for the tournament!

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by paips, Dec 17, 2006.

1. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
  2. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    The problem is that the Alberta Footbal Association, the organizer of Copa America 2011 which has separate contracts with tourism agencies with big package deals, epsecially a big Brazilian one listed on their website, has told Ticketek they will not allow Ticketek to sell the tickets for the second round matches until they know which teams will make it to whcih second round matches, so they can sell first to the big package agencies for much more money.

On the Lonely Planet (Thorn Tree) forum thread my buddy Mendocinateachernhas organized a protest message campaign to Mastercard Worldwide about the situation, as they arranged the Mastercard Exclusive Presale for the Copa America 2011, and now their customers, who have already paid for the second round tickets through their local Mastercard accounts, are now being cheated. She has probably correctly said that little could be done complaining to Tickettek or anyone else in Argentina. This is the way of life here in Argentina.

The two email addresses for such complaints to Mastercard Worldwide are:

AdvisorInfo@mastercardadvisors.com,

Consumer_Inquiries@mastercard.com

As well as complaining to whomever you feel might do something, send letters of complaints with details to the above email addresses.

3. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    A la miercoles! con razon no se pueden comprar! y cual es tu fuente? y entonces que pasa con la entrada de la final que compre? Cada dia estas organizaciones (FIFA, UEFA, CONMEBOL) son mas corruptas caramba!

4. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Mi fuente son amigos quien trabajan en agencias de turismo local acá en Mendoza.
    La AFA es la peor de todos.

5. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Todavia tengo mi confirmacion original de mi compra con numero de asiento en la platea para la final.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tickets should be available for all rounds now:

http://www.bolavip.com/12850/venta-de-entradas-ticketek-segunda-fase-copa-america-2011-argentina/

7. VAMOS MEXICO

VAMOS MEXICO New Member

Apr 21, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Pude comprar anoche 4x tix para la final, de $80 pesos arg. c/u. Poco menos

de $100 dlls. x los 4tix, no esta mal.:rolleyes:

8. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    caramba a la hora que veo esto, no que no se iban a vender hasta mas adelante? queria una entrada en la semifinal en La Plata y esta agotada. Por lo menos compre una entrada para el cuarto de final en La Plata, lo mas probable es que sea Brasil.

9. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yo tb pensé que era el 15 de mayo para la segunda ronda..ni modo.

10. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Got his message from Ticketek this morning and confirmed the Purchase History has been properly restored!

------------------

"Did you have a chance to check your "purchase history" on the Ticketek website since yesterday?

The technical glitch was resolved and your ticket information should be displayed normally now.

Would you be so kind to confirm us yours is working properly?

Regards,"

11. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Mi compra de Peru-Chile sigue apareciendo como Peru-Uruguay

12. Nutusoccer

Nutusoccer Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I am thinking of traveling to Argentina for a few games, but I have a few questions. When trying to buy tickets, I get the option of "platea" (norte and others) or "popular." As I understand it, popular is behind the goals and where the more passionate fans go. Can someone clarify all this and let me know where would be better? Also, I don't seem to see seat numbers. Are tickets sold only be section and not by seat (i.e. can people move around and whatnot)? Thanks.

13. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Platea is the grandstand with seats, over the centre part of the field. Obviously more expensive.

Popular is the areas behind the goals, the oldstyle standing only (no seats) terraces that have been banned in many countries. Yes, many times the more passionate fans go there because it is cheaper, but also because it is easier to put on tifoso (banner) and shows and dance in the populares, and easier to arrange to get together with friends. Populares can be dangerous for club matches, but for the Copa America should be safe.

You get seat numbers for the Plateas (or should, unless they still have to sort out location due to technical glitches) , but only sections for the populares. I have only bought in the populares. Many of us fans om various interantional sites are buying in the Popular Sur in all stadiums except for the final, where we have gotten Popular Sivori.

Suerte!

14. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Just did realize there are still some tickets for some matches, in fact I just bought tickets for Mendoza on the 13th (Chile Peru) and the double match in San Juan (Chile Mexico and Uruguay Peru), for all in the Popular Sur with me and some other friends, for some johnnie-come-latelies..

Best to act quickly though, the locals, especially the easy types in the west side of Argentina, are just waking up to the fact they need to buy tickets now if they want to see some matches.

15. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Uy, y ahora que no viene Japon, como van a hacer los hinchas del reemplazante que parece ser Costa Rica? Las entradas para el partido con Argentina ya se agotaron!

16. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    me imagino que las que les tocoba al organismo de los japoneses se las dan a los ticos y alla en costa rica su associacion tendran que bregar con el abono que les den.

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With that in mind it shouldn't be a surprise that the tickets sale is messy, in the end it isn't known who's playing.:mad:

18. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    Not just Costa Rica, but their U-23 squad....not good enough for the Gold Cup and European clubs!

19. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ningun organismo de ningun pais participante ha hecho ventas. Las unicas ventas se han hecho por este medio.

20. Crop Circles Maria

Aug 1, 2005
    Valencia, California
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    cada vez la Copa America esta mas venida abajo

21. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    No sabes de lo que hablas. eso no es vardad. ya paraguay tuvo ventas y lo anunciaron en el periodico local. tal vez no lo han hecho donde tu estas pero se 100% que paraguy lo hizo y lo anuncio en el periodico y lo anunciaron por internet. Habia que llenar un formulario y llevarlo a las oficinas de su FA, de ahi no se mas detalles, pero tenian los precios listados. de lo que acuerdo solo tienian populares y unas plateas. No vivo ni conosco a nadie que viva en japon asi que no se que habran o no hecho pero decir que ningun organismo lo a hecho es totalmente falso porque se sabe de al menos 1.

En ningun momento dije que las estuvieran vendiendo en japon ni en costa rica etc. sino que los tickets reservados para japon por la AFA lo mas seguro se los dan a los ticos y ellos resuelven con eso por alla. Todo los paises tienen abonos ya reservados para su organismos for la AFA o CONMEBOL o quien sea. Habia noticia de Uruguay pidiendole mas tickets a los organizadores porque no les abonaron suficientes. Esto dice que ya paises tienen tickets aparte de los de ticketek. Asi es que occurre con todo eventos similar a estos. cada pais recive una cantidad y los restos son vendidos etc. si tu pais es mas corupto que otros y se los queda, Lo mas probable con muchos paises, para darcelos a politicos y amigos poderosos, no se puede hacer nada. que mas se puede esperar de nuestros lideres.

22. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
  23. beachesl

beachesl Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Mendoza, Argentina
    cOPIED FROM A FRIEND´S REPLY ON lONELY pLANET:

-----------------------------------------
    PICKUP TICKETS AT CITY OF MATCH (3RD OPTION)

This brief reply today from the enquiries "Customer Attention Centre" of Ticketek:

"You will be able to pick the tickets up from june 27 to the same day of the match at the location assigned and respecting the business hours.

• Mendoza
    Address:
    • Andes Talleres Sport Club: Belgrano esquina Castellani, Godoy Cruz, Pcia. de Mendoza.
    Monday to Saturday - from 10 am to 6 pm.. "

This means no stadium pickup on the day of the match, I assume (unless the office is closed), and I assume also means you can pickup the tickets at the "boleterio" on the day of the match.

If you have picked the third option, you had better check the days and hours of opening for each location. On the order page, you can hit the information in English at the bottome which will tell you the location and hours of pickup for each match city.

This will be a relief to those not arriving to the match city until just before the match.

No answer yet as to whther you can change the 3rd option to the 4th option to pick all your tickets up in BA. I doubt they will allow this.

24. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Andes Talleres SC is a club from Godoy Cruz, probably they do that so people without tickets doesn't get close to the stadium without a ticket for safety purposes, it's a common practice for this kind of matches in Mendoza.

25. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I tried to get tickets for the Final and they were all sold :eek:
    Do you guys know if they put 100% of the tickets for sale on the internet or will they sell some tickets in the stadium?