Tickets for Sale/Trade Etc.

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Savage_Sam, Jun 21, 2011.

1. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looking for a single ticket for the Open Cup Final. Any available or do I go to Seatgeek? Hoping for a Cauldron ticket, but will settle for the south stands.

2. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I have an extra Cauldron ticket that I will sell for $40. Send me a personal message if interested.

3. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #678 BenDover, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    I have a pair of tickets available for the June 23 match vs Houston. West stands, Section 109, row 9. Great seats near the middle of the field 9 rows up. $60 each. PM me if interested.

SOLD...........

4. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Looking for a MS for conference final. I see some MS tickets online posted for as much as 206 dollars. F that!

Anyone have a ticket they can sell, please hit me up. But, anyone have any thoughts on realistic prices please post here.

(I see this threat hasn't been used since June).

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait until game day, if you can wait that long. I was able to buy a MS ticket for $28 Sunday for my son after he didn't make the finals of his tournament.

6. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's generally what we have been thinking. Thanks for the input. I was wondering what secondary prices looked like for the conference semis. Thanks. Seems to me, always best to wait if you can stand it.

7. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Also, where was that ticket posted? I had thought I saw member stand tickets for like 60'dollars posted on seat Geek on gameday , but I cannot specifically recall. Thx

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was on SeatGeek. It was around 11am when I bought it.

KopRules repped this.
  9. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Stealth.

10. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My STH price was $47. I bought one on the Cauldron website this morning for $54 so $60 seems fair.

Remember the $5 Wiz Zone tickets. We've come a long way, baby.

KopRules and IASocFan repped this.
  11. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so with them going mobile only for tickets this year, does that just mean that anyone w/out a smartphone or w/out data on their smartphone (as in a wifi only plan) can just forget about going to games from now on? i don't understand why you'd want to voluntarily cut your purchasing pool by 20% (according to their own press release).

12. DemDave

DemDave Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Also: How well do those scanners work on cracked screens? What if your battery dies and you have no way to pull up the tickets?

This also means we're now forced to use SeatGeek to resell tickets, as well. For a variety of reasons, I sometimes prefer to list tickets on StubHub. No PDFs = no way to do that.

13. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding is that you'd still be able to get a paper ticket at the box office with valid ID.

Cracked screens apparently work fine from what I've heard of people who had them last year.

That said I'm not a fan of it either, I personally like having the paper ticket to keep.

14. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not like it from a utility standpoint, but I do like it from a saving paper standpoint even though I'm sure that was in no reason why they made the switch.

I still don't understand why for season ticket holders at least, there wasn't an option to keep loading your new tickets on your original season card.

15. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the change. We have been using our phones for some time now and really like the convenience. I believe that there will be very few problems that can’t be overcome with a quick trip to the will call booth.

16. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but this doesn't change anything for you. all it does is make it more difficult (or impossible) for other people. why would anyone "like" that?

17. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh please, that’s silly. I don’t like the change because it makes it difficult. I like it because it makes sense and the club has made, or will make accommodations for people who for some reason can’t use their phone. I have been a season ticket member since 2002 and have gone through every different form of ticketing since then. Some I liked and some I didn’t, but you adapt and change with the technology. No one who wants to go to a game is going to miss a game due to this change.

18. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm not suggesting you like it because it makes it difficult. i don't understand why it makes a difference one way or the other to someone who already uses it and for whom it won't change anything. it's no skin off your back whether they implement this or not. whatever... i guess we don't need to dwell on that side comment. it just struck me as a strange thing to say; i don't mean to insinuate that you're wishing ill on anyone.

i hope they do make accommodations, but that's certainly not guaranteed at this point. i guess we'll have to revisit this later on in the season to see how it's handled and if your last sentence hits wide of the mark.

19. BenDover

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, fair enough.

20. roos79

roos79 New Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That said I'm not a fan of it either, I personally like having the paper ticket to keep.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed

IASocFan repped this.
  21. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though my phone is 90% available, I like having the paper ticket just in case it decides to die. For USA games, I like to keep the paper tickets to go with my stack of old fashioned tickets.

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Members' Stand tickets dropped $40
    South Stand drop $80

23. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10+ year STM from CAB days full of mixed emotions and facing the reality that the family just isn't into it decided to not renew for next year. Too many life conflicts to make it worth the investment and hassle of unloading 75%+ of the tickets.

24. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Dang. No posts in this thread for almost two years. And the last post was a downright bummer.

I’ve got two young ones who is dying to get cauldron tix. I’m finally out of the scooping poop phase and can rejoin regular society. So, I’ll put a hand in the air for cauldron tickets to the opener. Anyone please shout.

25. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    My understanding is that MS only has 600 tickets available for the Opener and the cauldron didn’t get and allotment to sell. Yeah. Pray for me.