ticket transfer success rate thread

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by scottk964, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ktul6336

ktul6336 New Member

May 15, 2006
    case of hardship

2. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Who designed the ticket transfer process, was it Franz Kafka??

3. Straight_drive

Straight_drive New Member

May 27, 2006
    Thanks for your response.

I suppose they would need some additional documentation in cases of hardship.

In case of illness, do they always ask for further documentation?

Thanks.

4. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think it's pretty much been widely reported here and elsewhere that "family" has about a 100% success rate, even for people with wildly different names and locations. think about it, how does anyone "prove" they are family? the only thing that comes close is a DNA test, and that of course does not include family by marriage. with all the customs of all the cultures of all the countries going to the world cup, how is a temporary staff of the german OC gonna account for all of them?

5. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    can you tell me how to get the pdf in the CSS section? thanks.

6. ChicagoRed

ChicagoRed New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Chicago
    I didn't check out the link, but on the upper left where it lists everything you can do there I think there is a newer link for something like "Collection of Tickets". Perhaps it is there.

Edit: Actually it's one of the main options (under Show Order Status, etc. in the center) when you log in, not on the left hand side.

7. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I have transferred 1 ticket but in order for the other guest to pick it up I have to give him a authorisation but on that pdf that I got from FIFA it says that person can pick up ALL tickets in my order!! I have 2 other tickets that I really want to pick up myself!!
    What should I do!?

8. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i suppose you could modify the doc to say "only tickets specified" and then specify some. i don't know if someone at the window would take the time to read and follow though...

9. Kev_England

Kev_England New Member

May 26, 2006
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is nuts. I cannot beleive how much time I have spent on this whole ticket business. There are so many scenarios for ticket exchanges that you could probably write a guide book and make some money. I'm just glad I dont show up in Germany until a week into the tourney. Hopefully by then this whole fiasco will be smoothed out a bit.
    Good luck to all.

10. Cherazi

Cherazi New Member

May 30, 2006
    Fremont ,CA
    Can anyone help me?

11. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    You are the applicant, therefore by default they are expecting you to collect it.

OK...?

12. Kev_England

Kev_England New Member

May 26, 2006
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just posted this answer elsewhere: I called the ticket office on this. They told me only the applicant can pick up ALL the tickets from a particular game--not just some of the tickets for THAT game. If you do the authorization pick up it is for ALL the tickets for THAT game.

13. Cherazi

Cherazi New Member

May 30, 2006
    Fremont ,CA
    Thank you guys :)

14. Straight_drive

Straight_drive New Member

May 27, 2006
    Folks,

Need your invaluable inputs.

I want to get a transfer application started with illness as the reason; the reason being a medical appointment the following morning after the game, which would make it impossible for me to get back in time to keep the appointment.

Now
    1) Does it make sense to just quote illness and elaborate further only when asked to?
    or
    2) Do I select the hardship case, so that I can explain about the appointment and the inability to travel back after the game in time?

Which might be a better option?:confused:
    Your inputs are appreciated!

15. MyB5

MyB5 Member

May 21, 2006
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Hammarby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I applied for transfers for 4 tickets last sunday, today (thursday) it went through. Very smooth, no questions asked. I just put "family", did'nt specify anything. Try it!

16. anders07

anders07 New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    save your money guys!

The head of the organising committee has said "it is out of the question that people with valid tickets will not be allowed into the stadium"

Even if you happen to be ID-checked, they will still let you in.

17. Lobotown

Lobotown New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    I would put in as many keywords as possible: medical issue, hardship, family, etc. and include extra documentation (appointment card, whatever) as an attachment if possible. My ticket transfer was originally rejected, but the ombuds committee overturned it promptly when I forwarded the rejection email to them with further explanation.

As the previous poster noted, it will not be feasible to check IDs for everyone going into the games, anyway, and they will be focusing on hot spots. If you are going to a Poland, Germany, Italy, or England game, for instance, plan on having several liters of bier ahead of the game and are prone to chanting, try the ticket transfer and ombuds committee. Otherwise, it will probably not be an issue - no one checked IDs in France and Korea.

18. usa for the cup

usa for the cup New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    OK - I returned from Munich yesterday and will be going back on Thrusday. I visited the ticket office there to get a transfer done - be warned it will be very busy (it wans't too bad at the time I went but most foreigners have not arrived yet). The problem is that it seemed to take 10-15 mins (per person)for each transfer to get completed (they had multiple lines of course). Now, I also read in the papers that the German authorities feel they will be able to id 1 out of every 40 people (and I think that this is optimistic and I tend to agree with the statement above about it being just not feasible to deny access). I couldn't get my transfer done because I did not have a copy of the original applicant's passport. However, my other forms were correctly completed (transfer form and authorization for pick up). This means if I had a copy of the passport I could have had the transfer completed without having to do it online beforehand and no reason had to be given. I hope this is useful info.

19. Kev_England

Kev_England New Member

May 26, 2006
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    USA: Fantastic info. THis is the first real info on this process I have heard about. Just a couple of questions:
    1. Were you going to the ticket office to pick up tickets that someone else had applied for and you were transfering them into you name?
    2. Did you have the original tickets with someone elses name or was it a Phase 5 "digital Certificate" job?
    3. Can you verify that you would have only been able to pick up the tickets for THAT game (there has been concern in this forum of transferees being able to pick up all the tickets of the original applicants order package--i.e. other games.)
    4. Had the FIFA online transfer been done or was you doing a "Paper only" transfer?

Thanks again. Ive been waiting for real life info on all this.

20. dunczla

dunczla New Member

May 26, 2006
    Bristol
    just to help me understand this fully.....
    I have transferred 2 tickets to someone for a game I cannot attend, it should be completed within 24 hrs.

For the new ticket holder to collect them what info will the ticket centre require?

I have sent the new ticket holder all the relevant info ie order numbers and transfer conformation data. Their Id will match that on the tickets, can they now collect the tickets on the day of the game?

thanks people!:D

oh and, I do have 2 other matches to collect will this be a problem, for him collecting the transferred tickets? thanks.

21. Kev_England

Kev_England New Member

May 26, 2006
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Check this out buried in the transfer help:
    "If the tickets could not be delivered, only the person who initially placed the order will be entitled to collect the Tickets at the Stadium Ticket Center.
    Only the orderer or a person authorised by him in writing is entitled to exchange the old ticket against the one issued for the new spectator. The orderer must be able to prove his identity. An attorney must produce not only the power of attorney and the ticket to be replaced, but also a copy of the orderer's identity card or passport."

THis may be talking of 2 scernarios: one where the tickets where not delivered, in which case the Order MUST pick up the tickets. Or a second scenario where the tickets have been delivered whereby a transferee can pick them up with authorization.
    I hope Im wrong about scenario one.
    Or am I reading this wrong and thinking about it too much.

22. dunczla

dunczla New Member

May 26, 2006
    Bristol
    basically i need to know the 2 tickets i have transferred to someone can they now collect those specific tickets?
    Or do i need to send them more information to collect those tickets?

I have tickets to collect , but the 2 , I have transferred I do not need to collect, I want them to do that .

is this possible ?

23. dunczla

dunczla New Member

May 26, 2006
    Bristol
    having looked at this, it seems i need to provide the new person whom i have transferred to with a copy of my ID , and a signed form to say they can collect the tickets i have transferred to them.

But when i collect my tickets, I dont want them to give me the tickets I have transferred! will that happen?

24. Kev_England

Kev_England New Member

May 26, 2006
    Raleigh, N.C.
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FIFA really isnt clear on this, but there has to be 1,000s in this same situation. The only forms they provide indicate the transferee picks up ALL the tickets for an applicant including other games. But the guy I spoke to on the phone said a transferee can just pick up tickets for 1 particular game (but he wasnt convincing). Its not clear. I am leaning towards just picking up all my tickets and meeting with the transferees and handing them to them. A pain in the arse but I dont want any problems.

25. dunczla

dunczla New Member

May 26, 2006
    Bristol
    im not travelling 4 hours to hand over tickets!
    im going to collect the games I want , then leave the transferred tickets unprinted on the system for them to collect in nuremburg.
    so as I see it , as long as i provide a copy of my passport and a form signed that should be fine , i hope! :)