Ticket delivery vs. ticket collection in Brazil

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by mundial, Apr 28, 2014.

1. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, so I did something kind of dumb in my otherwise 2/3rds successful ticket application (through FIFA). I failed to choose the delivery option, and now I need to "collect" tickets in Brazil. It looks like this will be possible, if a bit of a pain in the ass. A couple of questions:

1. Anyone had any luck in twisting someone's arm to switch to a delivery option since the deadline to change this option (February something)?
    2. If you have to do the collection deal in Brazil, how confident are you that it's all going to go smoothly? I'd kind of like the peace of mind of having them in hand before flying down there, etc. On this page it looks like you can just show up, but once I logged into the portal, it seems like you need to schedule a pick-up time.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this? I have a friend who lives in SP, but I hate to go all the trouble to get all the notarized documentation so she can pick up my tickets, make her go across town, etc.

mpetrik repped this.
  2. mpetrik

mpetrik Member

May 17, 2004
    East Bay
    You did not do anything wrong...any of the tix purchased from FIFA for the sales beginning March and April 15 must be collected in Brazil.

I recall the pickup in the Jo'Burg airport to be relatively easy for WC2010, and since the US is playing later compared to other teams, if there are any tech issues then I expect they will be addressed or at least we will know about them prior and plan accordingly (even if it is to allow more time to sit in a line).

Stay tuned for airport appointments, for now they are just available at the collection locations in the host cities. Even if they are offered you still can queue up in a line after you go thru customs.

Most tix are going to Brazilians, so I do not expect the lines at the airports to be too bad. I arrive in Recife the day of the IC/Japan match, so expect there may be some fans from those places in line with the US and Ghana fans.

mundial repped this.
  3. bigworm

bigworm Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ticket pickup at the kiosk in South Africa was simple. Insert credit card, wait for tickets to print, collect tickets. This was as we arrived at Johannesburg airport. Took all of 2 minutes.

mundial repped this.
  4. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you both for your responses. This should help me make the leap of faith of getting on the plane without my game tickets in hand.

5. PINKO

PINKO New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How sure can we be that they will have Kiosks in Brazil to retrieve our tickets?

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Ummm, FIFA has already published a big list of the kiosks in brazil. . Click on the link in the original post...

Kiosks are how the majority of tickets will be retrieved.

7. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anyone picked up at either the Sao Paulo airport or at the Shopping Mall in Natal? How have lines been?

Thanks,
    Nick

8. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Answering my own post - I picked up at GRU terminal 1 this am around 10:30, wait time ten minutes or less. Hours are 9am to 9pm. The kiosk itself didn't read my card (no chip - maybe that's why), but I waited another 5 minutes and the customer service windows issued tickets without a problem!

wixson7 repped this.