Threadbare Game Reports

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by hot potato, Mar 12, 2017.

1. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
  2. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    GAME VS MONTREAL, MARCH 4, 2-1 WIN- ANALYSIS:

1. POTM
    - Kei kamara worked his socks off at both ends of the field and as involved in the play than fredy- he is definitely an upgrade from Montero

2. GAVE US SOME LOVE- alphonso davies- 1 goal, 1 assist- showed us just how special he could be- he made canadian RB, michael petrasso for montreal, look slow and feeble- more to come with this hound- he sniffs for goals and is trickier this year in tight spaces- still cant use his right foot

3. YAWN!- the first 60 minutes of the game was as dry as dust with NO shots on goal by either teams- but the drama did unfold

4. SHOULD'VE, SHOULD'VE, SHOULD'VE- with a weakened montreal side due to injuries,we really should have won this game by more, but as usual, we sat back and lacked energy and connection in moving the ball faster and FORWARD

5. CONCERNS-

a. CB aaron maund looked weak on several plays- not sure he will adequately fill tim parker's boots

b. Our MF lacked ingenuity and pace for most of the game- juarez looked pedestrian; i fear our MF will be over-run by a better team

6. TAKE IT AND SHOVE IT- we have taken 3 points and we should shove the victory flag up the pole

3. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Looking forward to your game summaries again this year! They are fun to read.

Have to agree with your concern on Maund. He was brought in as a backup/depth guy and was not expected to be the full time CB so it may be a shaky spot this year. I think they should give Henry the next game to see how he plays with Waston.

4. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    thx- just wish my son would appreciate my humor like u do- such is my llfe a s a soccer parent :geek:

5. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    GAME IN HOUSTON, MARCH 10- 2-1 WIN- ANALYSIS:

1. POTM-
    kendall waston was his usual steady self and a beast in the air

2. HONORABLE MENTIONS- marinovic, alphonso davies

3. STEADY MENTIONABLES- kamara, juarez, teibert, shea

4. LOOKS LOST OUT THERE, SEND THE POSSE- yordy reyna- 2 steps, 2 moves too slow

5. HAD TO FIGHT TO KEEP HIS GAME- jake nerwinski struggled to keep up the pace and often was caught ball-watching- pay attention to the outside player or you will be sent to the corner of the bench

6. THE IMPOSSIBLE BECAME POSSIBLE- finally... a win in houston- the monkey has fallen

7. CONCERNS- maund as CB- good in the air, slow on the pace and timing... but who would replace him ? aja or henry or edgar (if the Caps sign him)

ITS A LONG SEASON, BUT 6/6 POINTS MAKES THE COACH THE MASTER OF THE HOUSE

love at first sight- having LAG sign the BIG Zlatan from man u and he is in the lineup for the next home game- but i think i will be stood up

ChrisSSBB repped this.