Thread to BASH the players or the coach or the medical staff

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Blue-San, Jun 22, 2013.

1. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Brazilian media said something about Kakitani being the japanese Ronaldinho and yet Zac ignores him (I don't know how he's doing and it won't hurt to try fresh new players for once, the brazilian source quotes a japanese article where it's written that he's doing very well in the J-League), Kudo didn't even make the bench and Zac left him in Japan. Let's see in the upcoming friendlies, who knows...

2. Godzillaradio

Godzillaradio Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He's no Ronaldinho.
    But he definitely deserves a shot at the NT.

Whispered11 repped this.
  3. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Kakitani?
    3-4 years ago he used to play like Ronaldinho.
    Now his style is more like Marco Reus. It's not a bad point though.
    (Yeah I'm just a Youtube scout)

4. Godzillaradio

Godzillaradio Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    His early play style was pretty unique.
    It looked more fitting for a futsal player.

I suppose that's why he might have been compared with Ronaldinho?
    Since he used to play futsal as a kid and probably had that sort of style.

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mmh no, not really. Maeda also closes in on the defenders, keeps moving, makes spaces for the other players, and his passrate is better. That's why he starts ahead of him
    As for the FW role, yeah, it ain't easy to find the right one.

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well before saying that you need to try some first...

7. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Kakitani was compared to Ronaldinho only regarding the fact that both are currently the best players at their respective leagues and were not called to the NT. Their play style or skills were not compared.

8. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Culpi said that his techical skills are equal to Neymar's iirc.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That's wrong but still a nice thing to say from him.

karolb repped this.
  10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Woah I'm so ignorant about the J-League BUT some years ago I found this video about Kakitani with some bad comments about him cuz none know him at all (it was before WC2010 and japanese footballers was rated so low by ignorant people) and I was a bit sad about him thinking he had not the same success of Honda & Co.
    Then I'm happy to see he is still a distinguished player even compared to Ronaldinho :)

11. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The more serious the competition the league and as players mature they would often lose that flashy stuff and skills because they become more rational with their time on the ball and also dont risk losing it as much.
    However the spark is there and Kakitani has that spark

12. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I remember 1-2 years ago people said so about Usami, even among Bayern's fans.

The essential thing is Usami and Kakitani haven't managed to bring what they show in under-age teams to the senior national team. At least, not yet.

But I have a feeling they will pull it out. They showed some mentality strength, and aren't easy to break. For example, weren't Kakitani punished, went to a J2 team, accept his job and performed, after that managed to come back and thrive in Cerezo? It's a sign of a strong player.

13. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Kakitani is a grown up man while Usami was a kid 2 years ago...

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    最初に強調しておきたいのは、今のブラジル代表は決して特別なチームではないということ。メンバーは経験不足の若手が多く、監督も昨年11月に交代したばかり。チームとしての完成度は高くなく、ブラジル国内でも期待より不安の声が多かった。 - Sergio Echigo
    :rolleyes:

15. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    That's true, but the magic of Maracanã could overcome this :D

Dax repped this.
  16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's underplaying the coach's and the teams' amazing run through the whole CC though;). And their great spirit, of course
    not to mention that saying that "it's nothing special" deserves a good laugh in any case

17. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    English?

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He wrote that after Brazil Japan, and was negative since basically, according to him, (this) Brazil isn't "a special team at all". The players are "young and inexperienced", and the coach was "only put in charge in november"

Dat inexperience yesterday (and through the whole CC)

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Indeed, according to him we'll witness the rise of the next football superpower unmatched for a decade ;)

20. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    In fact, the common sense here was that this Brazil NT was not as great as other teams we have had in the past and this was one of our greatest slumps either, with no one at the level of Ronaldo, Romário or other stars of the past. We saw ourselves as a limited team that put most of our hopes on a 21 year old who was not performing in recent matches (Neymar went on a 10-match streak without scoring nor playing well). The coach change last year was more a political thing than anything and it was just normal that someone had a pessimist view on this NT.

However, it is also a fact that Brazil were not meant to be favourites when our main titles were won (1958, 1970, 1994 and 2002 WCs, with 1962 being the only exception).

This time, Neymar finally played what everyone expected from him and the support from the people was huge, the environment was very favourable. I think these two factors made the difference.

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The problem with that comment was exactly shitting on Brazil when you knew they're even playing at home, your team had travelled 3 continents in 15 days before the match, and calling the brazilians a bunch of young and unexperienced (wtf?) guys to downplay your own team performance ;). I don't doubt expectations from the brazilians were low but your coach\side proved the fans wrong when it really mattered, which surely isn't friendlies. The fact that you don't have to play the WCQ probably also made those friendlies the only thing to check the squad state. You guys destroyed the world champions, you should be proud =).

GunnerTNB repped this.
  22. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    You can be sure that Spain game made most of us proud!