Thread to BASH the players or the coach or the medical staff

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Blue-San, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah basically have a swing

Dax repped this.
  2. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maeda, Nakamura Kengo and Konno are currently deadweight, need to GTFO of JNT. Farewell!

Endo is past his prime. RETIRE! save the embarrassment. Thank you for all those wonderful JNT matches that he show his worth.

NEED BETTER FWs, CMs AND CBs!

3. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Even with three losses behind our shoulders, no need to bash. Thinking is the exact verb. We need to rethink some stuff. I hope Zac will do: we've been unlucky, but also naive.

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    At the end this CC is a good lesson for Zac & Co. Probably (PROBABLY) he will change his mind now and try some changes taking advantage of the incoming EAFF.

6. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    AND GK !

7. Kajisan

Kajisan Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Endo needs to go, he passes to much to the opposition or gets bullied off the ball and tires too easily for a rapid pass system that Japan utilizes.

We also need to arrange friendlies with teams that specializes at countering. It seems like Japan becomes too aggressive at times and gets countered too easily and end up in unfavorable positions too often. During the friendly with Brazil, Zac said he wanted to try out a more offensive approach, and we lost 0-4, we don't have the quality in the back to go super offense minded vs fast countering team like Brazil.

Also Japan needs to stop trying to score everything from inside the box, its like they are afraid to shoot long distance, its good to play to your strength but sometimes you want that one player that can shoot from long distance. Honda does once in a while... that reminds me where is Yuki Otsu, how is he doing?

8. Godzillaradio

Godzillaradio Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    OMG totally this.
    I'm so sick of them trying to pass around in the box and not just bloody shooting when they have the chance. None of them seem to want to shoot unless if they're right in front of the goal (and even then they often miss....)

9. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The main problem was still Zac. stems back to 2012 and his choice of players, mainly the FWs and that he didn't start using new players sooner.

If he doesn't try new players and bring them into the first choice squad, then aim for his neck.

10. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Zac's obsession with Maeda is uncanny

11. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Please get this Italian clown out of my Football Association.

12. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What are the Japanese media saying about this whole sharade and CC trip and the players and Zaccheroni?

What have Zaccheroni and the players said?

13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    If I were Zac I would say "It's not important if we have had a bad CC, the main competition is the WC in next year when we will win for sure! Be ready to be AMAZED!"

PS: Okada would have said: "We aim to semifinals!"

14. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Zac probably doesn't care because he said in an interview in Brazil that he can't read or understand japanese :mad:

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Nice dude.
    But I'm pretty sure he has plenty of staff members to help him translate, get the info.

16. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe, but sooner we'll be happy again when he calls up Maeda and Kengo for the upcoming games:unsure:

17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    no, next one is EAFF so... =P

18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So what are media saying?

And what was the players or Zaccheroni's take on this entire CC ?

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's really the usual stuff Blue, really. Players mostly saying we've got to improve as individuals (Honda), we've got to be smarter even when we're not playing well (Endo) and stuff like that. Same for Zac. It's a shame we couldn't take a match, we have to work our mistakes and fitness, as fitness was bad against Mexico. I mean, I'm not sure why you would expect something in particular on the media. :cautious:

20. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    idk perhaps I am expecting too much if Media would kind of bashed them for their overal performance or at least parts of the team or perhaps the coach

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well, thankfully japanese papers aren't bigsoccer... ;)
    there are articles here and there recalling the matches but I really can't take on and translate them, sorry, it takes time. If you want some criticism... hmm yes I recall someone calling out for Toyoda, Sato, for example.
    I've seen Osim talking about the progresses of the NT but, well, I don't think too many people here care about understanding stuff, it's as if they just want to be loud.
    Like, you know, not having a clue about why subs are done a certain way and not even wondering about the fact that maybe other players are not getting of the bench because they actually have minor injuries...
    Sometimes I wondered myself if it really wouldn't be better to stick with 4-1-4-1 and counters if they works though. (I'm not joking)

22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nah stick with 4-2-3-1 it would be a waste of loads of players to play differently and also a step back imo.
    But loads of us know where the problems lay don't tell me other football experts and Zac cant see them...

I personally am still holding out on bashing Zac and kind of expected this and expect him now to seek solutions fast. If he wont than well I'll join the band wagon because I think that it is only natural that you give a guy some time have patience and dont expect miracles over night but you do expect him to go in the right direction. At least from your perspective we are all exchanging opinions anyway.
    I am not telling him who to pick because well he is the manager, I do however expect him to root out the weaknesses and find replacements and that doesnt mean that he needs to change 10 players or anything of that sort.

Main problems are

ST
    CM
    DC

If he cant see that, then idk

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Blue, no. I'm sorry, but really, no, I don't think so, don't take it bad - I'm not even talking about you or someone in specific. But there's a good reason why few people ever talk about the matches here and just call the manager out on the players, or rumbles about "tactics being wrong" or "subs being non sense" or "X being shit".
    I'm not even asking those kind of long analysis because it's really hard to do when you don't actually know what the manager is telling the players to do, it's normal, it's reasonable. You can only see the problems if you have the right mindset, to begin with.
    Which is something that Zac, Hara & the rest of the staff does every time, when the team rewatches the tape of the match. People scream about "Japan losing to Jordan" - nobody even cares about what actually happened and what lead to the defeat.

And there's a good reason about why some users make completely different posts - or don't even post at all during matches than the others.
    One thing is saying that Maeda doesn't score, or Takahashi isn't playing, and that isn't good. That I can agree. But that's not what emerges from BS in general.
    Everyone, after every match, chooses a player he doesn't like and thinks he's the problem: Endo, Hosogai, Hasebe, even Kawashima, Konno, Yoshida, heck I saw even Uchida lately, etc
    Or, people complain about no changes, Kurihara, Sakai, Hosogai are in-> people bash the decision because the team loses.

There are people here that still haven't understand that the Mexico match was lost because the players couldn't run anymore, and they think it was something that had to do with a particular tactic not working, or some crazy coach idea in regards to this particular match that made the players uncomfortable. You want to blame him for not subbing Honda? You can do that, I would've done that, he was dead, but what if his quality is so much that he can still pull off a quality decisive touch for the team? And it makes me smile if someone here seriously thinks I'm a fan of the coach or something. I can't care less who is in charge of the JNT. I just have good reasoning to believe things aren't done "at random" by persons that worked in football for over 20 years - this doesn't applies only for Zac - and instead focus on understanding. And I could go on and on, why players

Nothing of what is said here appears on the media (in general). Nobody bashes Endo because he's old.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  24. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://www.supersport.com/football/...news/130624/Japan_coach_Zaccheroni_under_fire
    He should've use Kiyotake, Inui or even Kengo Nakamura, because while they may not be stars like Honda and Kagawa, they deserve gametime, even for K. Nakamura.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I never read Gendai, so thanks for pointing that, I'll try to read the original quotes.

On Sergio Echigo, you got me there :laugh: , since I basically ignore him :whistling: he kept saying the same stuff since 2 years I think? Not that I can take seriously someone that says "I can't understand his substitution choices", well... welp

Especially when one reason is that Kiyotake and Inui had minor injuries.

p.s. "It has become clear that Zaccheroni's method and current crop of players may win in Asia but won't get anywhere against the world's top teams," said Kamamoto, 69. This one, if he truly said it this way, made me laugh, though, given some results against the top teams. :D

here's Osim article which is, well, basically the opposite: http://www.sponichi.co.jp/soccer/news/2013/06/24/kiji/K20130624006077550.html

p.s. in another article Osim suggested that this is the "era of physical football" - maybe that was a reason to have a tendence towards european-based players?