Thomas Müller

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Kirsten19, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are missing the point. I don't say Müller had a bad season but this doesn't change his overall quality or potential compared to someone like Kroos.
    Sometimes you have players that have a perfect season for their standards and imo thats the case for Müller while someone like Kroos merely started to use his potential.
    Everyone who watched Kroos and Müller in the u21 playing next to each other should know what im talking about.

2. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thats bs tbh, especially kicker is a page that is very kind to hard working players and creative/offensive player have a harder time to get a decent rating.

What? Kroos has been playing on a position that isn't his best all season and I didn't even mention it and noone used it as excuse for anything.
    Müller on the other side hasn't even found his position yet. He played on the wings in the youth/2nd Bayern team but has had his best Bayern performances upfront where he is playing since quite some time.

Messi also doesn't have his workrate. :eek:
    I know where you are coming from but I don't see why people would think that Kroos shouldn't be ahead of Müller under normal circumstances.

3. Viper87

Viper87 Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Kroos definetely is ahead of Mueller in terms of ability. On the other hand Mueller has the far greater work rate which shouldnt be underestimated.

Anyway, what i wanted to say is that vG wont bench Mueller. He seems to be his favourite player. It is possible that he uses him as the central striker, would be bad for Gomez though.

4. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A SS who was used in several midfield positions all season has 16 goals to his credit- I dont know what Quality we want again.

BTW how do you se standards for a player in his rookie season, Playing an Under aged tourneys is not a standard for anything.

Thierry Henry was viewed as being inferior to Loius Saha in Malaysia 1997 U21,
    If Under aged tourneys are to be standards, Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec should be ruling the world right now.

Rooney and Drogba doesnt have Ibra/Berbatovs talent potential and skill but we can all see where they both stand in the footballing world currently.

I have seen Kroos play and I think he has the potential to be great but slagging or making veiled attack at a 20yr old who is the leading scorer in a club like Bayern is something I dont subscribe to.

Let Kroos come into Bayern and prove his worth before we can conclude he would do better. Being the focal point in Leverkusen wont be a measure of greatness to me.

If you say Muller benefitted from injuries to key players, we can also say Kroos benefitted from Renato Augustos injury too.

Kroos is exceptional, Muller is brilliant. Let them play next season at Bayern(Not Leverkusen) and see how it pans out.

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One thing people should notice is the value of players with high work rate is getting higher nowadays.

Rooney, Olic, Drogba, Essien vs the Berbatovs, Riquelme, Aimar and Zlatans

In the 80's and 90's Players with silky touches are reverred but nowadays the workhorses take it. Could Lampard have been an AM in the 80-90's

Evidenced by the #10 position that is supposed to be the most skilful player on the field going extinct. Now teams prefer player who run 13km per game.

Kroos also has to work on his pace and running. Kaka, CR7, Robben, Rooney and Messi the top players of now do a lot of running

6. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Mueller n Kroos played at the same position for U21?

I thought Mueller played at striker n Kroos played at AM?

7. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Muller has 19 goals after his hat-trick today, not 16 Bayern_Fan. ;)

8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why does everything always come down to comparisons on this board? They're both good young players who can work on the field together.

9. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Thomas Muller at CF, Kroos at AM.........i think that will be Van Gaal's solution

If Thomas Müller remains as the 1st/2nd top scorer of Bayern in the BL, i dont think Van Gaal will drop him for any reason. But looks like Kroos is now getting better n better at AM/LM, so i think everything is fine

Way too many German players who had huge potential did not turn out to be stars. I wonder if talent/potential is that much of a factor in football nowadays. Ricken, Timm, Benni Lauth, Auer, Schlaudraff, Hanke n Podolski(?)

If "potential" only shows a small indication of what a player will develop into, then an established performer with great numbers like Thomas Mueller shouldn't be benched for a "Question Mark" like Kroos, if they're really fighting for the same spot as i doubt

But i wont be surprised if Muller will be loaned out though. If not:

------------------------MVB--------Schweini

------Robben-----------------Kroos-------------------Ribery

-----------------------------T.Mueller

Or:

-----------------------MVB----------Schweini

-----Robben--------------------------------------Kroos(if Ribery leaves)

---------------------T.Mueller----------Olic

10. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A question : how is mueller any more "established" than kroos? Because he plays for bayern?

11. Viper87

Viper87 Member

Oct 13, 2008
    yeah, its as simple as that. Mueller managed to get a starting place at Bayern, Kroos didn't. It was impossible under Klinsmann though.

Anyway, i think we dont have to worry, both Mueller and Kroos will get their playing time.

12. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If kroos was there under van gaal, i doubt mueller would have been his favourite.

13. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nah Squid, u don't know and u cant tell.

Mueller is even ahead of Klose and Mario Gome at the forward position. Van gaal doesn't play his players as
    "logical" as people do in the Football Manager 2010.

Mueller is a tireless, mobile and clinical forward who can play at CF whereas Kroos is more of a traditional #10 with great set-pieces, creativity n long shots. But i think Mueller would still be preferred, because Van Gaal plays a 4-4-2 and Mueller is an obvious choice at the striker position but Kroos isn't.

Olic+Thomas Mueller is a very good partnership and i wonder how Kroos can fight into the first team next season, and which position will he be playing is another question mark to me

14. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There are numerous tactical setups that can accomodate Kroos. A feature of all big teams is rotation, something that LvG hasn't used much this season but with time might.

Kroos could play behind Olic and Mueller for example, with MvB and Schweinsteiger still behind them and Robben in a freer role.

15. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LvG didnt need to rotate because there were enough injuries so he had to change the team all the time anyways.

16. FCBdrew1827

FCBdrew1827 New Member

May 13, 2010
    Washington DC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just hoping he shows up in the Champ's Final. He hasn't played too well UEFA matches so far.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    7 year bump of this thread lol

At this point of career, the Raumdeuter looks to have become more of a provider for his teammates. Müller had 7 assists in the 2018 WC qualifiers. He did have 5 goals earlier on, but hasn't scored for the NT since March.

Will Jupp be able to get him back into a better club level form, we shall see. His performance in Bayern's 5-0 thrashing of Freiburg looks to be a positive start again.

Thomsen and Ger90 repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Epitome990 repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern Munich interim coach Jupp Heynckes said he "saw the Thomas Muller that I know" paying tribute to his captain's performance in the 3-0 Champions League win over Celtic.

"Thomas played relatively well on Saturday, but tonight I thought he had a very good game -- not only because of his goal," Heynckes said at a postmatch news conference.

"He was everywhere tonight, working hard to track back and plug gaps. To a large extent, I saw the Thomas Muller that I know.

"It's imperative that the established players set the tone. He's the captain and it's very pleasing."
    http://www.espnfc.co.uk/bayern-muni...-hails-muller-that-i-know-in-defeat-of-celtic

lets hope that Muller under Jupp makes a return to form.
    under Jupp he assisted 1 goal in the 1st game and scored in the other.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    well Müller managed to make an assist the time he was on the pitch... any news about him? i hope the injury's not that bad

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jupp said that Muller will be diagnosed tomorrow.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    look at Muller's crazy Bundesliga only stats

as of today
    266 games played
    97 goals scored
    99 assists

he's now 3 goals and 1 assist away from 100 goals and 100 assists.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany