Thomas Gaardsoe Retires

Discussion in 'West Bromwich Albion' started by soccer krazy, Dec 19, 2006.

1. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gaardsoe was one of the key components of our promotion sides. He was definitely a quality defender. Though somewhat redundant given our current back four, Gaardsoe will definitely be missed at the Hawthorns.

3. Yeah it's a shame. He was fantastic in the year we got promoted. It's reminiscent of when Larus Sigurdsson had to retire a couple of years ago. Hopefully the club will honour him appropriately (££££££££££££££££££££££££)

4. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It also reminds me of when Michael Appleton was forced into retirement a few years ago due to his injuries. It sometimes make me wonder what players who aren't superstars must cope with when faced with the prospect of a forced retirement years before they had expected to end their footballing careers.

5. Yeah good point. Fortunately the Albion gave Appleton a role behind the scenes in coaching. I don't know what Siggy is upto these days though.
    It all looked rosy for Gaardsoe a couple of years ago too, outstanding at the back for us and his first international cap v England and then everything changed.