this new promotion/relegation system..

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by toohyper, Nov 16, 2011.

1. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    someone explain it to me. i read it awhile back that next season k-league is going to implement this, something similiar to the SPL promotion/relegation system. So I'm assuming 1 team will get demoted from the K-League? How many teams will there be in the 2nd division (N-League?)? I'm guessing the whole teams having to pay certain amount to get promoted is now off the table, right?

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I heard there's going to be 12 teams in 2013 so 4 teams will be relegated to "k2".
    Not sure how many teams going to be in 2nd division but I think they're going to use the N-league teams (around 6-8 maybe) and the demoted team to make the second division (so around 10-12 teams in each division.) I'm not sure though, just speaking at the top of my head.

3. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't follow K-League that much but since Koreans love playoffs so much why dont they implement a relegation playoff system like the Argentine league.

4. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm pretty sure I read that there is going to be a playoff system for relegation.

5. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh, nvm then.

6. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I believe the play-off is a better way of entertaining when the tournament reaches its ending. You never know until the very end who is going to be champion, while a tournament that uses the european style can be utterly boring if some teams keep snatching the first position year after year (and can be very predictable).

Football is a sport, it's meant for entertaining in the end.
    And i don't see how adapting to the european style would make the K-league more competitive.

As far as i remember K-league teams have snatched more ACL/continental titles than any other country in asia, including Japan. Meaning that play-offs aren't such a bad thing in the end.

7. Expo

Expo New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There won't be a relegation system.

(1) There's no economic gain by playing in the first division via promotion. As a matter of fact, there are higher costs associated (fees, etc).

(2) You lose absolutely everything by being relegated

There won't be a relegation or a promotion system.

8. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It has to be done by 2013, or Korea wont be able to participate in any continental tournaments (ACL).

So there will be. With or against the will of the peoples in charge.

9. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Fees have actually been lowered to the 5억-10억 range, which is pretty much nothing.

As disappointing as it is to admit, no one's getting relegated this year, I'm almost certain of it, but I think there will be promotion and relegation in the future.

The number of players getting produced is increasing [in heavy numbers] each year. This means once K-League removes the draft and deploys a free market system, the average wage amongst players will go down, along with all the other expenses. Combine the increasing popularity of the sport in the country and increasing the number of quality players, and there will be investors in the game. The number of clubs is far exceeding the right amount for the league as is, so a second division will be required when more clubs enter.

The existing clubs will do everything in their power to avoid it, but the market will force a relegation one way or another.

10. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Wait werent it the plan that K-League would go from 16 to 14 teams and the 2 relegated teams would form a K2 together with some new teams?

Arre you saying this plan will not go ahead? What about the K2????