This forum died because? (Poll)

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by WhyMe, Nov 6, 2017.

1. WhyMe

WhyMe Member

Nov 7, 2015
    NYC
    A. Social Media killed Message boards
    B. 2013 Match Fixing Killed the Spirit
    C. Nothing to talk about
    D. Insert your choice here

2. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    A and B

Also I feel a lot of the posters that were actively on her are older now and life has a way of taking over

La Trucha repped this.
  3. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    D. As a fan, 2016 was the worst year for Selecta for me, when we played under Maradiaga. I had never seen such a mediocrity in Selecta before. It didn’t help that 2015 was also extremely disappointing for me, as we failed to qualify for 2016 Olympics and 2015 U-20 WC etc. I see no sign of improvement in ES, even after we qualified for 2013 U-20 WC and won one game. Not to mention the 2013 match-fixing which tarnished everything.

People here often say that the 2000’s were the worst period in Selecta history but I was not around for that. 2014-2016 has been an atrocious period that really killed my interest slowly.

@slaminsams is spot on. For the past two years I have been studying at university and living outside of Melbourne (I’ve just graduated btw, yay). So that changed my habits and I’ve no time for surfing the net like I used to.

Furthermore, Australian football has shown it definitely wants to improve unlike ES football. I’m tired of being disappointed by ES, and as a result, my interest in Australian football had slowly overtaken ES during the past two years.

TLDR: Life, the state of ES football, and my preference for Australian football are the reasons why I am not as active here as I used to be.

4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    C: ES soccer had slowed down. We only had the GC this year, so once that happened our soccer has slowed down. The day of the Canada game it was a little awake. But weve been eliminated in CL comps, no WCQ for us, and we’re not playing during this FIFA window. I think once we hit 2019 and beyond, well hit it up again. As for now, MLS is dead for ES. The two players we have in Portugal are struggling to make big impacts. And anything else beyond that, is just rumors. The closest thing we will have next is rumors of any Salvadoran joining the MLS teams who are joining the next 2 years.

5. salvatruco21

salvatruco21 Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Centreville
    Club:
    CD Atletico Balboa
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #5 salvatruco21, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    D i got busy with work and then bigsoccer changed the platform i was here during 2009-2015 time i remember la trucha shocked to see him mod and also i remember slam but hey wassup i always been fan of la selecta even though i havent been active i am not sure if we will ever improve but i will never support another team over el salvador even if we suck

slaminsams repped this.
  6. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Life and faithlessness in ES football have both been a factor towards me being less active in this site.

I’m not a student anymore, I have a full-time job now. Furthermore, I have become much more invested in Australian soccer; following and attending Socceroos/A-League, as well as state league football.

I haven’t even found the time to create the 2019 editions of Salvadorans Abroad or National Team smh <_<

EDIT: I notice my earlier post here from 2 years ago, and I still feel the same way now.

7. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    What kind of work do you do? In my mind I still pictured you a student

8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Same. Damn life comes at you fast

La Trucha repped this.
  9. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I graduated from architecture early last year, and quickly landed a job in interior design since.

Been studying for 6 years after high school, so I don’t blame you for thinking that haha

halfnhalf89 repped this.
  10. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Nice, I work in Architecture too

La Trucha repped this.
  11. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ever since following Pajaro Picon it’s kinda made this forum redundant. I came here for news but with most people here already following him and other ES football related accounts on IG and twitter its given less of a reason to post here; though I miss all the discussions. Reddit doesn’t seem to have ES football subreddit either.

Furthermore, someone from BigSoccer Mexico made a discord chat, so a few BigSoccer posters migrated there as a result.

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Don’t think it’s that so much. We’re sad as a fan base. What have we got going for us really? I think it’ll wake up if we somehow manage to sneak into the hex. But it’s not looking to positive for us. Just a lot of smoke that has been blown for us and everyone gets tired of that eventually.

La Trucha repped this.
  13. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    There hasn't been any exciting news for the national team. The abroad players in Europe seem to be doing well, but I always get the feeling there spots aren't secure once they get injured. They're just quick to give up on the player without giving them time to recuperate and get back in playing form. Example: Denis Pineda and R. Zelaya. It tends to happen to the players when they play in other leagues besides Europe (A lot of the players that played in the MLS).

There's a good pool of players for the national team compared to available players that were around 5 years and potentially can see some a competitive and fun team to watch. With the current coach he's letting a lot of talented players go to waste. I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

Another problem is the league also not being worth watching either. Before it use to be Metapan, CD FAS, Alianza, and CD Aguila being the few clubs that played at a competitive level inconsistently in the region. It's getting better with clubs like Alianza, Santa Tecla, CD FAS, and Aguila. Those clubs being more consistent making them seem like the bigger clubs in the league and being consistent showing up in the CONCA Champions League.

It seems like they gave up with the youth teams and not providing a staff looking to scout talent within and outside the league or providing competitive coaches.

Fans outside this forum have tried showing they want change for the leagues and national team to the federation. Showing how much they are willing to help. It seems they are ignoring the fans or don't care. There have been projects but the federation seems to not give them any kind of support in return.

La Trucha repped this.
  14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Social media has killed forums. People in the Guatemala board made a Facebook messenger group chat years ago.

It's sad, I was a member of several forums in the 2000s which no longer exist now.

Sooner or later forums will be a thing of the past.

La Trucha repped this.