Things that made you go...WHAT!?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by ApproachWithCaution, Jan 11, 2008.

1. ApproachWithCaution

Dec 16, 2006
    South Wales, UK.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Like the thief that i am, i'm nicking this idea from a radio show. All you gotta do is say the things IN FOOTBALL that really surprised, shocked, angered or upset you.

For example, some guy said that Bergkamp signing for Arsenal was a WHAT! Moment for him. Another guy mentioned Tevez and Mascherano signing for West Ham. You get the jist.

A real WHAT! Moment for me, is Cantona's karate kick. You know what i'm on about. At first i was shocked, then i laughed coz the idiot in the crowd deserved it.

2. Alan_V

Alan_V Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Anaheim, CA via NJ
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Becks to the Galaxy. What!?!?! Both a combination of disbelief and happiness that MLS were getting a marquee name to flaunt. Even as little as he's played, it's helped the game's image here. At least in Southern California.

3. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bush still being President of the United States.

Oh wait...we are talking about football...hmmm...

The biggest what moments happen for me on a daily basis when I look through the tabloid BS. Reading ridiculous stories without any quotes. Example: "Mourinho to Liverpool" - without quotes from Liverpool or Mourinho. What!?

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A few that come to mind that are much more recent than Becks or Teves to West ham and Cantona being a spoiled sore loser a-hole!!

Klinsman to manage Bayern next season!!! WTF???
    He did not have the best relationship with management when he was a player there and as manager for Germany he got a lot of crap from Bayern's "royalty" due to not keeping Kahn on as #1 and opting for Lehmann, not living in Germany and bringing on US fitness practices. A lot of critism came from no other than Bayern's President and head honcho The "Kaiser" himself...Beckenbauer!

FIFA putting on altitude restrictions and then removing them...again. WTF???
    Then several months later taking them on again and trying to apply it and now, once again compromising with Conmebol and lowering the required days to aclimitize...again flip-floping!

Ballack captain for Chelsea...WTF???
    Having a lackluster 1st season at Chelsea and after being out of action since April Ballack gets the captain's armband due to injuries of Terry, Lamps, Cech and other "regulars" on only his second game back with Chelsea...and plays a hell of a game!

England not qualifying for the Euro Cup 08...WTF???
    So they had a horrible display through the whole qualification process but then Russia loses in Israel and "WHAT??"...it seemed like England would make it after all. Then they go down 0-2 and after coming back 2-2 to qualify for the Euro Cup with a tie they blow it as Petric shoots a brilliant goal and Croatia win it at Wembley!!

Venezuela beating Ecuador in Quito...WTF???
    Ecuador goes into their first qualifying match for WC 2010 losing their first official game in Quito in years...and not to Brazil, Argentina or even Paraguay or Colombia, but to Venezuela, the Conmebol nation with the least football tradition in South America. Up and coming or not, this was still a "WTF" moment!

The Euro 2008 "Group of Death"...WTF???
    'nough said!

BTW;
    Idiot or not, no one deserves that!!!

5. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sam Allardyce getting sacked after just 24 games in 8 months. WTF?!?!?

Man Utd tonking Roma 7-1 at Old Trafford. WTF?!?!?!?

Liverpool beating AC Milan in the CL final having been 3-0 down at half time. WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Beckham moving to MLS at 32. WTF?!?!?!?!?

England not qualifying for the Euro's. WTF?!?!?!?!?

6. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY