Things Are Heating Up....Summer Transfers On Their Way!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waaaaay too much smoke around this Bonucci deal. I hope it winds up like Roma's Malcolm deal and falls apart. I don't want him back, especially if it means losing Caldara. ******** that shit.

2. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #1377 scirea6, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    I will be absolutely apoplectic if this happens.

From what I've read, it's only that dipshit Pedulla who is mentioning Caldara, so I'm not particularly worried about it... yet. But even if the mentions of Caldara are bullshit, I there's still no way in hell that I want to lose Rugani for the sake of Bonucci.

No f*cking way.

juventino13 repped this.
  3. josescorp

josescorp Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We just got Caldara back and now there's a possibility to swap for Bonucci? God please no. Seriously, this guy had everything going for him with Juve, but he thought he was bigger than the club, throw his little temper tantrums, and could just leave and walk into any other club and be a winner. Now that he sees how wrong he was, and how much stronger Juve is getting, he wants back. ******** that.

If they really take him back then let it be for Higuain. But I know this is not gonna sit well with the majority of Juventini

scirea6 repped this.
  4. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Gazzetta is reporting that we've rejected Meelan's offer of €40m for Caldara.

IcEWoLF and juventino13 repped this.
  5. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #1380 scirea6, Jul 24, 2018
    Before we even consider entering into negotiations for Bonucci, with either the club or the player, we should make a blanket demand that he accept absolutely no guarantees of playing time, a massive reduction in wages (I'm talking like two-thirds at a minimum), and that the player pays the entirety of his agent's commission or he doesn't get one. Period. Non-negotiable.

Doesn't like it? Good. He stays in Milan or goes to Paris.

Personally, I'd want his salary to be entirely performance-based, but that won't happen even if it should.

EDIT: And that's before we even get to the public apology...

6. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yep.

GOD F*CK...

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calcio Pauly, gumbacicc, IcEWoLF and 5 others repped this.
  8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Agresti just posted that the trade being discussed is Higuain-Bonucci. Caldara has nothing to do with it.

This might actually be happening. I hope the fans spit in his face every single match

scirea6 repped this.
  9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GdS claims that Leicester City and West Ham are leading the race to sign Stefano Sturaro, who’s valued at €20 million.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This shit is just like last summer, reports breaking furiously with Bonucci making the move within days. Rinse, repeat and move in the other direction.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  11. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #1386 scirea6, Jul 24, 2018
    You know what I hate most about it? I mean aside from the fact that we'll once again be paying his wages and wasting a spot in our starting 11... :rolleyes:

It's that he has no reason to reflect upon his behavior and actually accept responsibility for his own decisions and actions.

Returning to Juventus, especially now, is a reward. However much we have mocked Milan, they really did bend over backward to make him their marquee signing, even down to that humiliating (especially in retrospect) "hungrier than ever" social media campaign.

Considering the enormous financial investment and squad turnover they committed in the space of a single summer, all the parties involved had to have known that the possibility of failure was very real and potentially catastrophic. Well, now that it ended in failure (qualifying for the CL was imperative) and financial catastrophe, Bonucci is not going to have to suffer any responsibility for it. He's not going to have to take a pay cut, he's not going to have to "suffer" years of potential trophy-less mediocrity.

Instead, he's going to be rewarded.

There's a very good chance that he's going to return to the club that made him into the player he is (for better or ill), the club that can actually afford to pay his salary, the only club where he's ever won trophies. The biggest club in Italy, the club that has not only recently moved into the newest, most elite facilities in the country, but has just signed one of the two best players and biggest celebrity in the game.

This, after he walked away from that very same club because he genuinely believed that he was more important than his teammates, that he was entitled to special treatment by his manager, and that we couldn't continue to win without him. He thought that he was bigger than Juventus. And now that he has learned the hard way that he was dead f*cking wrong, he's going to return to Juventus when the club is potentially at the cusp of genuine, long term dominance.

At what has it cost Bonucci? The ire of the fans? Give me a f*cking break. He's a coward, simple as. There's nothing hard-assed about him, because whenever faced with genuine hardship (at least in the context of the career of an elite footballer), he's runaway. He's already done it twice. And he will do it again.

I can't put into words how disgusted I am that this could potentially become a reality. F*ck I am so pissed...

IcEWoLF, juveeer, josescorp and 2 others repped this.
  12. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That was BAD.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I don't like Caldera being mentioned with 3 different clubs all of a sudden.

14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Let's hope they are right.

Unfortunately Milan now has a semi-competent guy in charge, at least as player evaluations go.

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He has supposedly spoken to Bepe. If this is true, I would say there is a real chance this happens.

Most likely Chelsea is not going to pay what we want for Pipita so this is another way to lighten the wage bill and recover some $$$ for further transfers.

Regain may indeed go ig this happens but PLEASE DON'T SELL CALDARA.

At least give the kid a year or 2 to see what he's got.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Only thing I disagree with is he WILL take a payout or I don't see this happening. No way we pay him MORE than we are paying anyone else other than Ronnie.

His salary will have to get back in line or there will be real trouble in the locker room.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Who is Caldara?

The kid has great potential but damn, the rumor mills are going crazy over him? He has yet to prove himself at the big stage. As we have learned over the years, Juve is a great source for the transfer chattering. Most of what gets written never come to fruition. Good thing the transfer window gets cut shorter this summer.

18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I said earlier that we need to make a blanket demand that he accepts at least a two-thirds reduction in wages, non-negotiable. And that's only if we can't force it to be entirely performance-based.

We need to make our demands as draconian as possible in order to make it as difficult as possible for him to agree to terms.

If re-signing him is unavoidable, then I want a blood-letting. Forget justice, I want vengeance.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we just sign Bonucci and have him captain the B team in Serie C. He's back at Juve, and we don't have to see him.

phat, IcEWoLF, juveeer and 1 other person repped this.
  20. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    SKY is now reporting that we've refused to include Caldara as part of any exchange for Bonucci, despite Milan's "insistence."

LMAO who the f*ck are they to insist upon anything?

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan has zero leveraging power here, it's their player that wants to leave. At this point if Bonucci has to be included tell them €40 million plus Bonucci for Higuain. Otherwise take a hike.

I can't believe this crap.

Calcio Pauly and scirea6 repped this.
  22. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Seriously, it's like we're behaving as some sort of charity here.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some reports now that the Bonucci deal could fall through. Juve refuses to include Caldara, only Higuain, and Elliott wants a younger striker.

scirea6 and juventino13 repped this.
  24. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Best news today

25. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, they better pay us to take Bonucci back, he has been nothing but a dick to us. I really don’t want him back. I rather take my chances with Caldara.