Things Are Heating Up....Summer Transfers On Their Way!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy wife, happy life. Besides Jorginho, I'm sure Sarri had a list of players as part of his demands for joining. Sometimes you gotta pay to play.

Not saying it's right or anything, but as a Juve fan, I'll gladly take €100 million for Rugani and Higuain. I've grown to like Higuain, and would be sad to see him go, until opening day.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    There's a limit to how happy I'm willing to make my theoretical wife. And there's a limit to how happy Chelsea should be willing make Sarri. Jorginho makes a ton of sense given how desperately we needed a good CM next to Kante last season. Higuain doesn't remotely the same kind of sense.

And I'm sure you'd be happy with 100mm for Higuain and Rugani! I'd be thrilled if you wanted to pay 30mm for Zappacosta and threw in another 15 on top for Pedro! But I'm not going to argue it's reasonable :)

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, it would be crazy. But for me, hey, €100 million is reasonable. Just like I'd say it's crazy if we spent that much on the two of them.

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I would hate to see either player go. With the acquisition of Ronaldo, HIguain is the best quick sale we can make. The other option would be Dybala. Higuain would make more sense. I like Rugani but he is not a 40-50 million transfer nor a 4.5 million salary. That is what some of the rumors have stated. So the numbers would be good for both Juve & Rugani. Not sure how much of it is true.

juveeer repped this.
  5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    #1230 juveeer, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    I hope all of these reports are true.

What is wrong with Darmian as a backup? He can play either side and with the injury situation of our FBs, it doesn't hurt to have a versatile player on the bench.

gumbacicc and Falc repped this.
  6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Stick to yer price Beppe.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Except....you HIRED SARRI.

So yes, if Sarri wants it it makes sense to do it....if you want Sarri to succeed.

One of Chelsea's problems has been the constant turnover of coaches. They all run different "systems" and your last 3 are very wedded to their system so no way do the players on offer when the new guy shows up necessarily fit the system.

OTH, our guy, Max, is versatile and will devise his tactics around the players he has. That does not mean he doesn't have his own ideas about how he wants to play, but he is adaptable. But, the longer he is here the closer the roster is getting to what HE wants us to look like on the field.

Falc repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    This is neither true nor correct. First, Conte doesn't necessarily run a "system" - he ran a number of different formations with us. He tried his 4-2-4 at first, then fell back to a 3-4-3, then switch to more of a 3-5-2. While Conte may not be a pragmatic personality, he's more than willing to shift formations. Similarly, Mourinho is less formation driven - he's made do with many different types of players (Ozil and Ronaldo had some of their best years under him).

Second, if we have to have Higuain for Sarri's system to succeed, we may as well fire Sarri immediately because it's a terrible system. Higuain is too old and has never played in England for him to be the focal point of our attack. Plus, Sarri will have better players in other positions - Hazard is a more talented attacker than anyone he has had at Napoli. If he's remotely a decent manager, he can massage his system without having Higuain. After all, Napoli were more than decent the last couple of years without Pipita, but one is suggesting we have to buy Insigne or Mertens.

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Conte did at Chelsea in his first year nearly the same thing he did here.

he won the league by playing 3-5-2, which is exactly where he ended up here.

He also influenced Prem teams and even Southgate's England team with that style of play. he won with Mirko and Matri for crying out loud., but primary he won because he din't concede goals.

Mou is a very defensive coach also, but he sets his sides up differently to Conte and is pretty rigorous with his demands.

Sarai plays "Cham;page Football". Not like Ruud did, but the Sarri way is not to defend. That system is baked into his DNA and no way will a Conte/Mou group of players be suited for it overall.

You made your choice when you hired him so you either have to get onboard or expect to struggle.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    SUUUREEEEE

juveeer repped this.
  13. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #1239 soccerr9, Jul 19, 2018
    If Chelsea go into the season with their current three or four strikers, their fans might as well start planning on another few years without CL with another coach fired. 60m for a proven goalscorer with 2-3 years at the top level is great value when it is an absolute need.

I just read a book that compared the top 5 leagues and they came away with the impression that the differences are minor. Fans overestimate the difference in speed, attacking intent, and defensive style etc.

As long as Higuain is the focal point of Sarri's offensive system, you can nearly guarantee 25 goals.

In terms of holding up the ball, it's not so much that he stays glued to CBs with his back to goal, but that he is quite good at dropping between the lines to create (see his assist to Dybala vs Tottenham).

I'd love nothing more for Juve to keep him, yet he needs to be the main man to thrive. Obviously with Ronaldo and Dybala, that can't happen at Juve.

juveeer repped this.
  14. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Salah?

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Even Pelle who absolute shit had a couple of goal scoring seasons in the premier with Southampton of all teams

16. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Milan should be all over Higuain. He would instantly make them a CL contender especially if Conte ends up there. I'd love for him to stay in Italy.

Imagine the strikers in Italy if that were to happen...

Juve- Ronaldo & Mandzukic
    Napoli- Mertens
    Roma- Dzeko
    Inter- Icardi
    Milan - Higuain
    Lazio - Immobile
    Torino- Belotti

Which league would have that many prolific #9s?

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Strongly disagree. IMO, there is no tighter man-marking than in Serie A. Italian defensive tactics, even from the minnows of the league, can be stifling for attackers. What Higuain has done and continues to do in serie A is pretty remarkable.

gumbacicc, juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #1244 scirea6, Jul 19, 2018
    Because the concern is he won't remain just a back-up and versatile or not, his median quality is utter shite.

He's had one single season of quality and that was with the bovines under Ventura. Everything that came before and everything that has come after has been nothing but abject garbage.

juventino13 repped this.
  19. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #1245 scirea6, Jul 19, 2018
    If our asking price is met then I'll dry my eyes with the cash we get from the transfer fee.

gumbacicc and Dante repped this.
  20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Radio Vecchi Signora has some interesting tidbits from some interviews today...

"Alex Sandro can stay. He hasn't asked for a transfer and there's no real offer. Darmian is liked, Marcelo is difficult, economically."

"In the event that Alex Sandro were to leave, I know that the first on Juve's list is Alejandro Grimaldo, Benfica fullback, very good."

"Darmian would only arrive if Alex Sandro remains. If the Brazilian were to go, Juve would look for another player."

"I do not think Chelsea will also take Pjanic, since they are already about to sign Higuain and Rugani, and the Bosnian has never expressed the will to leave."

"I know that Godin is the first choice of Juventus if one of Benatia or Rugani depart.The first is of interest to Marseille, the second is courted by Chelsea."

juveeer repped this.
  21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unfamiliar with the player. Seems a product of La Masia. Anyone have any info?

By the way, glad to hear Darmian is only a target if Alex Sandro stays.

22. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fresh rumors of Chelsea looking to make a bid for Caldara now.

23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    No,No,No,No,No.

He!! no.

24. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We've already refused a first offer and he's considered unsellable by the club. The last player we need to worry about is Caldara.