Things Are Heating Up....Summer Transfers On Their Way!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Feb 17, 2018.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think you're overstating his contribution. He was utterly invisible in the Final when we needed him the most.

St. Michael's Sword and scirea6 repped this.
  2. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #77 phat, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    The fact that he was frustrated made it even worse. I'm not going to put the blame square on his shoulders because Max made some terrible decisions. Regardless, my point has always been that we need a dominant midfielder and he's not been capable. He will not be a season long protagonist for the team, Juve needs another Nedved style player who will turn it on in a deadlocked game and with flashes of brilliance be the deciding factor.

Another factor I have noticed is that the box-to-box midfielder position where the players task is split between defense and offence is slowly being phased out by coaches. Pjanic would do better not being restricted in the attacking role.

soji22 repped this.
  3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We don't disagree on Pjanic. It would be nice to address the midfield in the offseason, but it will be difficult to bring in that guy that will boss the midfield as we all which. I like Milinkovic, but he's worth a fortune at this point. I'd also love to see Pogba back though I don't see that happening.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  4. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm surprised with the Sandro leaving rumors there aren't any Criscito rumors. He's out of contract this summer, out of league and an average Italian. Sounds like a Marotta special just waiting to happen.

5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asamoah has refused the new contract offered by Juve, he reportedly has an agreement with Inter over a 3 year contract worth €3.5 million a year.

7. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    scirea6 repped this.
  9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #84 phat, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    First of all the article says selling Pogba + spending 200m. It doesn't mention selling him for 200m. It also says Juve want SMS.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inter are offering Asamoah a 3 year contract with a salary over €3 million. Romeo Agresti is claiming that his move to Inter is a good possibility.

RAI is claiming that Lorenzo Pellegrini is very close to joining Juve, who will activate his release clause, €25 million.

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Goodbye, Asamoah. You have largely been shit since Conte left.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rumors that PSG are going for Pjanic. $$$$$ bye bye, not gonna miss ya

phat, St. Michael's Sword and gumbacicc repped this.
  13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    60M and you can have him.

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember when i told ya'll Marotta ruined this team with his wacky transfers?
    and ya'll got mad at me? lol

well 3 years later and the 2015 team was better than today. Add to it embarrassing losses to Bayern 6-4, cardiff 4-1, Barca 3-0, RM 3-0...ill even add Tottenham first leg where we lost 2-0 lead and let them control the game. Just shows Allegri never learned his mistakes.

Lets see what this summer brings....im betting more of the same cuz all this management does is come up with excuses for failures, instead of striving to be the best

15. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    I wish we had bought Edin Džeko instead of Gonzalo... Higuain has clearly peaked and it was in his last year at Napoli where he was at his best. Even Quagirella is having a better season

16. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Juve have been eliminated by Barca (2015 final), Bayern (2016), Real (2017 final), and likely Real again (2018 QF). That's it. I think this team needs a new page, but it's tough to discredit what Juve's management and Allegri have done when their only failure is not being better than Real and Barca.

These aren't just any version of Real and Barca, but ones that have arguably the greatest two players in history. That's not all since those two teams form a Spanish national side that won two Euros and a WC all in a row.

As for the 2015 final, I loved that Juve. They deserve credit for fighting back in the 2nd half. However, in that final Juve were blown away in the first half. Had it not been for Buffon, Juve would have been down big at half. Even in the 2nd half, Juve still capitulated in the final 25 minutes by allowing two after the equalizer.

Again, I think the club need a change and it's easier to switch coaches and philosophies on how to play than to replace the entire roster. Juve could spend 500m and I still doubt that team would be better than Barca and Real at full strength.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Romeo Agresti...

Buffon is expected to retire at the end of the season
    Lichtsteiner and Asamoah will leave for free in the summer
    Barzagli is expected to renew for a year
    Chiellini will renew to 2020
    Marchisio could head to the MLS in the summer

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    It's sad to see these guys go, but it's time. We're not winning Champions League with this crop. What I don't understand is the decision to renew Barzagli. One would imagine that Chiellini, Benatia, and Rugani rotate for first team spots. We have Caldara presumably coming in next season. I really hope, at most, Barzagli would be fifth-choice.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’d buy him a Rolex and wish him well, Barzagli should no longer be a starter. No reason to offer him an extended contract.

gumbacicc repped this.
  20. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'd take him on as an assistant defense coach to help train up Caldara and Rugani some more. Not much more than that tho. His best days are well behind him.

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He is going to be the super sub that can play either CB spot or RB in a defensive block. This gives Max (or whoever the manager is) tactical flexibility late game or in an emergency injury situation.

In that role, I think he still has value. He will not be a regular anymore.

gumbacicc repped this.
  22. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I've been saying for some time that box-to-box midfielders are a fad, and can leave a team vulnerable on defense. I hope we see a comeback of snarly, hard-working defensive midfielders in the Edgar Davids mold.

23. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Do you guys think Dybala will be sold this summer? Rumor has it that Liverpool is interested while the player himself wants a move to Real Madrid in order to become a true elite. I think we need to hold on to him even if that means restructuring our wage policy. Moving forward, the team needs to be built around him.

What of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic? He is a highly rated player with a growing reputation. He's been compared to Pogba when he first burst onto the scene back in 2013. He'd cost a lot of money though.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Davids fit that fad.

25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    One of my favorite posters of all time was one the cynical Dutch did for Euro 2000 where they made a poster of the Dutch national team with Davids face photoshopped on to every body.