Things Are Heating Up....Summer Transfers On Their Way!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Feb 17, 2018.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't know that I buy the Pogba rumors, but I'm surprised at how against this the board is. He was a great player for us before his last season here.

2. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Its because he left Juve when Juve were at their most vulnerable, during a time where we lost two key players the season before and were still looking to fill those voids in order to compete outside of Serie a.

He also took the number 10 jersey and then left the season after showing little respect for the tradition of the club or the honor bestowed on him.

The worst thing tho, is he played very coy about the transfer in order to boost his own image. He told two italian american sports journalists that he would be staying at the club a month before he left.

And he announced his transfer in a very rude viral video marketing advert for United and Adidas. He didnt even clean out his locker and left his stuff in it for half a year returning with rolexes for all to try to say sorry.

Cristante, not Pogba.

phat and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve and Napoli are interested in Lazio goalkeeper Federico Marchetti, his contract expires in the summer.

Marotta and Paretic are scheduled to meet with Emre Can's agent within the week to close a deal until 2023.

GdS claims that Juve are also in contact with Leandro Paredes’s agent in case they fail to sign Can. The Argentinian midfielder is valued at €40 million.

Juve are interested in Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos, his agent is scheduled for a meeting with Juve.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GdS claims that Juve are looking to Schalke midfielder Max Meyer as a possible alternative to Emre Can. He's a free agent in the summer.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are several reports that Kwadwo Asamoah will join Inter in the summer.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Please let this happen. The Lazio game was yet another reminder of how lousy he has been the last couple years.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well, he and Licht changed the game where they came on yesterday.

8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'm not sure what people saw of Asamoah that suggests he was critical in yesterday's win.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why Pellegri chose Monaco of Juve this past January:

"We chose the best project for a youngster unlike, for example, Juventus who tend to send their youngsters on loan to play. Monaco offer a lot more space for a young player like me."

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Might as well play in Serie B. Verratti has really improved in Ligue 1. He will become nothing.

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Verratti with ANOTHER red Card.

That boys temper is worse then vintage DDR.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve have reached an agreement with Marotta, Nedved and Paratici regarding their new contracts.

phat, scirea6 and juveeer repped this.
  13. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Can't say that I blame him...

And it's looking less and less likely that it's something he'll "just grow out of" as his fanboys have maintained for years.

It's just a natural part of his personality and anybody pretending otherwise simply doesn't want to acknowledge reality. But I'd still take a punt on him in a heartbeat.

14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    How about Balo? Would you take a punt on him?

he actually seems to have grown out of his biggest problems and skill and physicalwise he is a beast!

15. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I would stay away from the headcases. We arguably lost a chance at the Treble last season because of Dani Alves and Bonucci.

16. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Our midfield is a far greater concern atm than the forward line, anyway.

phat and gumbacicc repped this.
  17. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I still don' think Pjanic is the boss we need.

St. Michael's Sword and Falc repped this.
  18. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to get Emre Can asap!

scirea6 repped this.
  19. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pjanic, as good as he is when he is on, couldn't boss a paper bag.

His inconsistency over the course of a season really needs to be dealt with by the club. It's been characteristic of his entire playing career, so the hope that it may change one day will remain exactly that: a hope.

And if we're going to seriously challenge for the CL year-in and year-out, if our ambition is to be mentioned in the same sentence with the likes of Barca, Bayern, Real Madrid, etc. has any legitimacy, then the creative heartbeat of our midfield has to be more than just hope.

Since we're going to be overhauling it (our midfield) this summer anyway, our upper management needs to decide, once and for all, if Pjanic is going to be enough for our long term ambitions and then invest accordingly.

Personally, as much as I love the player and as good as he is when he is on form, I'm not convinced that he is enough now, let alone for three years from now.

gumbacicc, juveeer, phat and 1 other person repped this.
  20. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Indeed, that's why if we can get 50-60m from an EPL team he should be sold. That's if he can be replaced reasonably.

Depending what happens at Madrid but it would be nice if they decided to overpay for SMS and sell Juve Kroos on the cheap. Then maybe we could also get a decent AM.

juveeer and scirea6 repped this.
  21. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yep. I agree with basically all of this.

I'd like it if we took SMS ourselves, but I think Lotito would rather die than let that happen at this point. If that's the case, then I'd gladly take Kroos and if we can get him at a cut-rate price, then all's the better.

22. NPE37

NPE37 New Member

Juventus
    Republic of Ireland
    Mar 15, 2018
    So to be clear.. So far we are linked to the following players:

Emre Can
    Fabinho
    Damien
    Bellerin
    Cristante
    Max Meyer
    Torreira
    Kwan Sang-Han
    Marcos Acuna
    Pellegrini
    Martial
    Veratti
    Pogba (this seems like the least likely, something about us having a 60 m buy back clause if Pogba agrees)

Which of these seem the most likely? Which are most desired?

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Now that's what I call living in a fantasy world

24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I have an uneasy feeling that if we don't sign him soon we are facing another Marotta special like with Draxler and Witsel. Matuidi too last year.

25. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    I don’t understand why everyone is so harsh on Pjanic. Last season he was fantastic in the two man midfield. His underperforming this year is due to Allegri being obsessed with playing him as a regista.