There's a new sheriff in town: Lichaj at Nottingham Forest

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Jun 19, 2013.

  1. Rahbiefowlah

    Rahbiefowlah Member+

    Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
  2. kruck

    kruck Member+

    Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  3. ttrevett

    ttrevett Member+

    Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Country:
    United States
    One of two well performing RB in the championship will be our starting RB in the qualifiers in March. Either one smokes Zusi as a RB.
     
    wixson7 and Winoman repped this.
  4. BostonRed

    BostonRed Member+

    Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Country:
    United States
    edcrocker, Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  5. wixson7

    wixson7 Member+

    May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Red card for Eric after they went down 4-0.
     
  6. BostonRed

    BostonRed Member+

    Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Country:
    United States
    Tom Collingsworth, edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  7. BostonRed

    BostonRed Member+

    Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Country:
    United States
    wixson7, Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  8. thedukeofsoccer

    thedukeofsoccer BigSoccer Yellow Card

    Jul 11, 2004
    Youtube: Jimmy Dore, Secular Report, TYT Politics
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Country:
    United States
    Lichaj went 90 at rb in Forest's big 3-0 win over 2nd place Brighton. They are 6 points clear of the drop zone, with 11 matches to play.

    Ariyibi still didn't make the bench.
     
  9. wixson7

    wixson7 Member+

    May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Maybe i missed it but has he been captain in the past? Is this new.
     
  10. LouisianaViking07/09

    Aug 15, 2009
    i can recall at least a few times in the past year when he was captain.
     
    The Irish Rover and wixson7 repped this.
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

    Aug 15, 2009
    he needs to call in both since Yedlin is out for a few weeks. No need to use Zusi anymore
     
  12. LouisianaViking07/09

    Aug 15, 2009
     
    sakibomb523, edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  13. BostonRed

    BostonRed Member+

    Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Country:
    United States
  14. thedukeofsoccer

    thedukeofsoccer BigSoccer Yellow Card

    Jul 11, 2004
    Youtube: Jimmy Dore, Secular Report, TYT Politics
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Country:
    United States
    Uh-oh, Eric had to come off early due to picking up a groony. Not sure how serious it is. Early report was that it's not, but that's typically how it goes. It's not serious, whoops second opinion is we have to amputate. That would be especially bad given the area.

    Just when you thought he may finally have a role for us internationally, this happens. It may be fate he never gets more than a cup off coffee with the national team. I was penciling him to start in the first match with Yedlin questionable and the tactic calling for possession. If they're both out, I guess I'd go with Fabian on the right and Villafana on the left.
     
  15. schrutebuck

    schrutebuck Member+

    Jul 26, 2007
    Tom Collingsworth, edcrocker and Winoman repped this.
  16. BostonRed

    BostonRed Member+

    Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Country:
    United States
  17. Gorky

    Gorky Member+

    Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Country:
    United States
    Wait, so Warburton got the Forest job??
     
  18. thedukeofsoccer

    thedukeofsoccer BigSoccer Yellow Card

    Jul 11, 2004
    Youtube: Jimmy Dore, Secular Report, TYT Politics
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Country:
    United States
    I highly doubt that's true. He's well liked at the club and recently said as of right then he wanted to spend his entire effective years there.
     
  19. truefan420

    truefan420 Member+

    May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Country:
    United States
    Yea but if they get relegated I doubt he wants to play in the 3rd tier especially going into the World Cup with a chance at getting back into the team. And he may want another chance at first division ball. He could try and link up with a team closer to gaining promotion than fighting to stay in the championship. Maybe a return to the MLS is in line.
     
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  20. thedukeofsoccer

    thedukeofsoccer BigSoccer Yellow Card

    Jul 11, 2004
    Youtube: Jimmy Dore, Secular Report, TYT Politics
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Country:
    United States
    That's the caveat. I didn't realize it got that dicey for them. 2 places above the drop zone, one point above, with 4 teams battling to avoid falling into that one relegation spot. Still, fairly probable they stay up. In which case, 95% chance he stays, from all the info I've read about the situation the last year or two. Maybe there's a 1% chance he has a change of heart and 4% that he gets an offer he can't refuse. These projections are all very scientific.

    On one hand, I wouldn't be broken up about it, if they were relegated, and he went somewhere else, because the club seems like a dead end for him right now. On the other hand, they just signed Ariyibi, so I guess he'd go down with the ship.
     
  21. truefan420

    truefan420 Member+

    May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Country:
    United States
    this is the same feeling im getting. He still has a chance to make a move. I doubt he'd make it back into the EPL. I think he'd be smart to look for a smaller league but their top flight.
     
  22. thedukeofsoccer

    thedukeofsoccer BigSoccer Yellow Card

    Jul 11, 2004
    Youtube: Jimmy Dore, Secular Report, TYT Politics
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Country:
    United States
    Given that his wife is English and he has kids, I think it's England or bust, and something nearby Nottingham. Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Birmingham City, etc. Outside chance he could do the bouncy with one of them back to the bottom of the Premier League. Of course Leeds knows him and likes him.
     
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

    Aug 15, 2009
    what's his chances of moving to a top Championship side or even picked up by a PL club?

    I wanna see him in Russia. Dude has the talent and the desire.
     
  24. LouisianaViking07/09

    Aug 15, 2009
  25. Gorky

    Gorky Member+

    Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Country:
    United States
    If Warburton is planning on bringing in his guy to start, then get the hell out of there.
     
    Winoman repped this.

Share This Page