The Love Song of T. Jordan Pefok: Siebatcheu at Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Oct 8, 2015.

1. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jordy probably told them to take a number and wait in line.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  2. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1004 onefineesq, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    :ROFLMAO:

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  5. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The doll must be working :devilish:

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, but I had to switch to the bigger one, the little one wasn't working.

KicksNgiggles repped this.
  7. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

8. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's out again for this Saturday's Ligue 1 match against Angers. The second-to-last set of France U21 Euro qualifying matches is less than a month away and he was already facing tough odds of a callup. I estimate about five strikers in the France U21 pool who are currently ahead of him, and in case they are looking to call up a new target man, then Jean-Philippe Mateta might have the edge.

9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the bench:

10. TJFtbl

TJFtbl Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Aug 20, 2018
    Late reply but how would he be eligible for the U21s if he’s 22?

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1011 Ger90, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    because in reality it's a U23 tournament, likely because the U21 EC serve as the Olympics qualifier. Also some leagues call their reserve U21 even when it's U23.

12. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recap of his France U21 competition this week among those who can play striker:

Jean-Philippe Mateta (direct competitor for a callup in case France U21 want a tall target forward): started for Mainz in Bundesliga
    Jean-Kevin Augustin: started for RB Leipzig in Bundesliga, scored a goal
    Moussa Dembele: started for Celtic in Scottish Premiership
    Jonathan Bamba: started for Lille in Ligue 1, scored 2 goals
    Martin Terrier: started for Lyon in Ligue 1, scored a goal
    Adama Diakhaby: started for Huddersfield in EPL
    Lys Mousset: subbed in for Bournemouth in EPL
    Yann Karamoah: stayed on the bench for Inter in Serie A

14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a semantic difference. UEFA names the age of the team based on the start of the qualification rather than the end. Their U17s are what we could call U19s usually.

15. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    lol the french attacking players under 23, is just insane. can eventually become one of the best generation position groups in football history.

16. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. And who I listed is only the "France U21" competition, not the full pool of eligibles which would include Mbappe and O. Dembele (could play for U21s but already graduated to the senior national team) as well as the likes of Amine Gouiri and Willem Geubbels (with a lower youth team and could soon jump up to the U21s). It's truly staggering.

17. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    I thought Marcus Thuram was impressive in the PSG v Guingamp game

PalmettoSpur and ChuckMe92 repped this.
  18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    how is it possible that France has so much talent? It boggles the mind. And then think of all of the talented players who don't play for France (but are eligible)

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Having a lot of poor immigrants and a system that doesn't try as hard as possible to exclude them helps.

Marius Tresor repped this.
  20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I wonder if it's a case of "if I do well...I'm Swedish/French...but if I do poorly then I'm a immigrant/foreigner"

I believe Ibrahimovic/Benzema said something to this effect some years ago.

It's still quite incredible. I wanna say the likes of England and Netherlands can compare; as they have players of various backgrounds and many represent those homelands. But none to the quality of French-born players. I believe Germany just has an abundance of players of Turkish descent. Probably can call-up a squad of German-born Turks that's better than the actual Turkish national team.

adi21 and Suyuntuy repped this.
  21. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it goes in cycles...netherlands is on a down-swing at the moment but i dont think that has anything to do with their immigrant soccer players not having to fight to be "dutch"....if im following....
    i agree about germany....germany is more multi-cultural than it might appear on the surface...even podolski and klose are polish-heritage....i think it is just as simple as the soccer climate in those countries being conducive to developing high-level players....france and germany breathe soccer....

Suyuntuy and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  22. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    France acedmies are good. The league give youth a chance to play. They turn out talent and keep players fighting and coming through

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And Mesut Ozil this summer. In his case it's quite simply an out-of-form player blaming political/ethnic issues for his poor performances for a team that had a shocking World Cup.

And, regardless of who was at fault on the political/ethnic side of things, on a purely footballing basis taking him to Russia was questionable; he'd been really poor for Arsenal nearly all season, especially in terms of providingleadership at a club that desperately needed it. Jogi Low was hoping he'd play himself into form at a World Cup, which doesn't happen very often and both of them paid the price.

adi21 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Jordy needs to be calling the USSF, not the other way around.

If a player doesn't believe in himself he's go no business in pro sports, but that's just unreal. If every striker who's had more than 5 caps for France in the last two years magically retired, he'll be doing very well to make fourth in that particular depth chart. And there are new players to come through this season as well.

Know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em. It's time to fold.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  25. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there's one group that might be able to match France attackers, it might be France CBs. The depth of players age 25 or younger they have at that one position is beyond staggering. Laporte hasn't been capped at senior level. This series of tweets was written just before Lenglet moved to Barcelona, Diallo to Dortmund, Diakhaby to Valencia, Diop to West Ham, Niakhate to Mainz, Mukiele to RB Leipzig. Pavard may go to Bayern or Liverpool. Sarr of Nice was named this year by one publication as one of the top five most promising footballers in the world under 20. They also did not list Joris Gnagnon of Sevilla, Oumar Solet of Lyon, and Jeremy Gelin of Rennes, and more. And these are all just senior players, not including academy/reserve players. They have teenage CBs at clubs like Roma, PSG, Monaco who may soon be part of the first team. And certainly many other young CBs about to break into smaller Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 clubs.

PalmettoSpur, Namdynamo, Winoman and 3 others repped this.